CONTENT WARNING - anyone remember this... from desean watson?

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: CONTENT WARNING - anyone remember this... from desean watson?

Postby mee » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:07 pm

BUS36 wrote:I totally agree that if all the accusations against Desean Watson are true and it found by a grand jury to stand trial. The NFL has to suspend him until that trial has come to a verdict.
The old saying innocent till proven guilty still needs to be given a chance. I remember that after Jerome Bettis had signed a 6 year 36 Million dollar contract, ...

Do you realize that in back-to-back sentences you contradict yourself? Proven guilty would not be during the trial. As an aside, this is a civil case, not a criminal case which further complicates things.
I am not giving my opinion on the topic. Just pointing out your contradiction.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:09 pm

I was not sure that it was just a civil case.... as for the case of Bettis, I just remembered that there was an accusation toward Bettis and it turned out to be false. If Watson has done it to all those females ..then he must pay the piper..but I will wait and see
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:17 pm

I think this article from a few years ago is worth a read and is similar to my own thoughts.

https://dailyutahchronicle.com/2017/11/ ... en-guilty/

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a great idea... in the court system. But the public is not the judiciary, and we should believe victims unless there is ample evidence that they are lying. In this case, as with many over the last few years, I haven't seen any evidence that the victims are lying. If this does go to court, they will have to prove their claims, but I feel like the public should believe people unless evidence to the contrary is found.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:39 pm

RevanFan wrote:I think this article from a few years ago is worth a read and is similar to my own thoughts.

https://dailyutahchronicle.com/2017/11/ ... en-guilty/

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a great idea... in the court system. But the public is not the judiciary, and we should believe victims unless there is ample evidence that they are lying. In this case, as with many over the last few years, I haven't seen any evidence that the victims are lying. If this does go to court, they will have to prove their claims, but I feel like the public should believe people unless evidence to the contrary is found.

I feel you should close this topic before it get's out of hand. I'll send you a pm regarding your biased statement.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:19 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:I feel you should close this topic before it get's out of hand. I'll send you a pm regarding your biased statement.

Honestly I think you're right. I'm locking it. I should have locked it long ago, and I shouldn't have participated.

This is the last time I touch any potentially serious topics. And If I don't hold myself to that, call me out on it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Houston Texans”