Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:51 am

Washington Gets Carson Wentz

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Washington Gets Carson Wentz

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:40 pm

That means a lot for Indy to have had invested so much into Wentz last season and now suddenly move on (talk about a speed date, sheeh!). That speaks volumes of Wentz NFL value. And the only takers would be a lowly team like Washington for two whopping "turd" round picks. Seattle's laughing, Indy's laughing, Jerry Jones not laughing with his latest scandal. NFL's got jokes, who's next?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:45 am

Carson Wentz is horrible plain and simple. He is not mentally tough or emotionally strong to lead a team or face competition or criticism. Dude has had two chances and flamed out. This is a horrible trade by Washington and maybe Rivera to get a sub mediocre qb.

The worst trade is what the Seahawks did to give Wilson to the Broncos. Pete Carroll is not some genius as is usually spouted around pro football. Without Wilson the Seahawks won't even sniff a wildcard spot and will finish bottom of the division and maybe the NFL with 3-5 wins at most and mostly losses. Broncos really got a steal and a great qb!
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:24 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Carson Wentz is horrible plain and simple. He is not mentally tough or emotionally strong to lead a team or face competition or criticism. Dude has had two chances and flamed out. This is a horrible trade by Washington and maybe Rivera to get a sub mediocre qb.

The worst trade is what the Seahawks did to give Wilson to the Broncos. Pete Carroll is not some genius as is usually spouted around pro football. Without Wilson the Seahawks won't even sniff a wildcard spot and will finish bottom of the division and maybe the NFL with 3-5 wins at most and mostly losses. Broncos really got a steal and a great qb!

I think the Broncos gave up too much for Russell who's in his mid thirtys and not the guy he used to be. Denver is not going to be relevent just be cause Russell's there now. Only time will tell and only if they show major improvement. I think the Seahawks are clearly rebuilding at this point. And with the draft capital they've aquired, that gives them leverage to make some good deals to get quality players, including a solid free agent QB in the next season or two.

Denver is not some team who's only one player away from competing in a Super Bowl. They are not like the Rams were when whodini Mat Stafford turn a few tricks to lead them to the SB. The Broncos are 5-7 high quality players from even making it to a wild card game.

The Seahawks move won't truely evaluated for a few seasons until the talent aquired from those draft picks can be measured.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:51 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Carson Wentz is horrible plain and simple. He is not mentally tough or emotionally strong to lead a team or face competition or criticism. Dude has had two chances and flamed out. This is a horrible trade by Washington and maybe Rivera to get a sub mediocre qb.

I think the Broncos gave up too much for Russell who's in his mid thirtys and not the guy he used to be. Denver is not going to be relevent just be cause Russell's there now. Only time will tell and only if they show major improvement. I think the Seahawks are clearly rebuilding at this point. And with the draft capital they've aquired, that gives them leverage to make some good deals to get quality players, including a solid free agent QB in the next season or two.

Denver is not some team who's only one player away from competing in a Super Bowl. They are not like the Rams were when whodini Mat Stafford turn a few tricks to lead them to the SB. The Broncos are 5-7 high quality players from even making it to a wild card game.

The Seahawks move won't truely evaluated for a few seasons until the talent aquired from those draft picks can be measured.

I think the Broncos will at least grab a wildcard spot and that Wilson is a good pickup overall despite his age. Broncos definitely need more talent on both sides of the ball to compete with teams like the Bills or Chiefs in the AFC.

I have a feeling this will be the season/year Pete Carroll retires because it's going to be a stinkfest in Seattle.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:12 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
I think the Broncos will at least grab a wildcard spot and that Wilson is a good pickup overall despite his age. Broncos definitely need more talent on both sides of the ball to compete with teams like the Bills or Chiefs in the AFC.

I have a feeling this will be the season/year Pete Carroll retires because it's going to be a stinkfest in Seattle.

After seeing all of the FA's the Broncos have picked up this off season, it's very possible they do make the playoffs at one of the lower seeds. The AFC West is stacked now with the high caliber players the other teams like Raiders. Chargers and Broncos have now. They are sick and tired of my Chiefs dominating the division. KC has made some good moves in FA's also.

AFC West is the strongest division imo. There are plenty of quality free agents still available in the league. I'm sure there will be more fire works and duds in the coming weeks and after the draft. I've been keeping up with the moves looking at Spotrac.com and updated my roster with the 100+ moves so far.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Browns do with Mayfield now that they have Watson at QB. I think he lands in Seattle. And it would be great if the Chiefs got Bobby Wagner to shore up the LB's and a quality CB looking to play for a winner. They can afford Wagner for at least one season. The Bills have made some good moves also to maintain their top status in the AFC East.

There are over 600 fa's that have not signed tenders yet, so much more to come.

Return to “Washington Football Team”