DeSean Jackson to Washington

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:59 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s/related/
One visit was enough for DeSean Jackson to determine where he wanted to play next season.

According to Dianna Russini of NBC News 4 in Washington, Jackson has agreed to terms on a deal with the Washington Redskins.

Jackson was scheduled to leave the D.C. area on Tuesday evening. Instead, he chose to stick around another night; a sign talks could be progressing toward a deal between the two sides.

Now that deal is done. Jackson is expected to sign the contract Wednesday morning

Good times are coming. :mrgreen:

Sponsor

Sponsor

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Re: DeSean Jackson to Washington

Postby Sleeper66 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:38 pm

Jackson and Snyder deserve each other. Karma is real, people.

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:56 pm

jackson gets a bad rap, still haven't seen much evidence of it. he's a competitor.

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:34 pm

If he's so misunderstood, where were the complaints from Eagles players after their most productive receiver was dumped, for nothing?

He's a whiny, tantrum-throwing bitch, and he's Daniel Snyder's problem now.

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:28 pm

I actually just read a lot of negative stuff about him said by former teammates. I dont believe he has any gang ties but he may well be a bad teammate.

bengalmike
All-Pro

Postby bengalmike » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:49 pm

No one should be acting like that, I'll give you that, but Desean is one of the most talented receivers in the game. The Redskins got a steal. You can't argue with production.

EDIT: Besides, I thought chemistry was something only Clevelanders, like myself, would argue about.*cough cough* Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters...
Go Browns!

A New Era: My Browns Franchise http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16048

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:26 pm

You can't argue with production.

True, he had a huge year, which is all the more reason to wonder how much of a "steal" he is. The Eagles tried to trade him and couldn't. He's got a big contract, but some really bad teams have plenty of space right now. What does that tell you?

Terrell Owens had huge years with the 49ers, Cowboys and Eagles, all of whom tired of his act and were eager to be rid of him.

This is one of the few times this offseason I've been glad the Lions are cap-strapped....

bengalmike
All-Pro

Postby bengalmike » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Sleeper66 wrote:This is one of the few times this offseason I've been glad the Lions are cap-strapped....

Personally, if I was a Lions fan, which will not happen, ever ;) , I would have welcomed Jackson in. Megatron and Jackson would have been unstoppable. Sometimes the players with the biggest egos are the ones that bring you championships.
Go Browns!

A New Era: My Browns Franchise http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16048

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:59 pm

I'm pretty sure being a Lions fan isn't contagious, so no worries there.

Jackson wouldn't work in Detroit because they don't have leaders to deal with him, because the Schwartz era was sabotaged by knuckleheads (Titus Young, etc.), and because DeSean was a whiner as the first option, so who knows how much of a pain in the ass he'd be as the number two guy?

Return to “Washington Football Team”