Mike Shanahan Shuts Down RGIII For the Rest of the Season

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:47 pm

I may be a Cowboys fan, but I have common sense. Robert Griffin III should NOT be benched.

Of course he's in a flunk, but so was Drew Brees with the Chargers. Doug Flutie took his place, but now Brees is a HOF QB. Cam Newton was in a flunk, and now it's the Panthers of today. I mean, wha6t I'm saying, is that RGIII's arm is intact. Sure it takes two years to recover from an ACL injury, but he still has an arm!. Do you think that DeAngelo Hall is tired? Do you think Trent Williams is tired and sour? RGIII should be out there when he's healthy.

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheMajorSupreme
All-Pro

Re: Mike Shanahan Shuts Down RGIII For the Rest of the Seaso

Postby TheMajorSupreme » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Austinmario wrote:I may be a Cowboys fan, but I have common sense. Robert Griffin III should NOT be benched.

Of course he's in a flunk, but so was Drew Brees with the Chargers. Doug Flutie took his place, but now Brees is a HOF QB. Cam Newton was in a flunk, and now it's the Panthers of today. I mean, wha6t I'm saying, is that RGIII's arm is intact. Sure it takes two years to recover from an ACL injury, but he still has an arm!. Do you think that DeAngelo Hall is tired? Do you think Trent Williams is tired and sour? RGIII should be out there when he's healthy.

To be quite honest, I'm not on the big fan-train of RG3. In my opinion, he's over-hyped. The entire team is garbage currently under Shanahan waiting to become another man's treasure. But, I don't see RG3 as the elite QB everyone sees him to be. Yeah, he can run and has a strong arm but his consistency is killing his game. I wouldn't want him as my team's QB. Plus, you want him hurting his leg again? They are 3-10, there's no chance of getting in the play-offs. It makes sense to sit him the rest of the season since he's the BIG "franchise QB". Pull him, let Cousins play, get a new coach in the rotation, and get some young players on defense. And hopefully his hype is burned out next season.
Patriots: SB XXXVI Champions, SB XXXVIII Champions, SB XXXIX Champions
Broncos Journal: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16804
Raiders Journal: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15490

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:24 pm

At 11 A.M. last Sunday, the Chiefs had recorded two sacks in five games. At 11 P.M. last Sunday, the Chiefs had recorded seven sacks in six games. They sacked Griffin five times. IN ONE DAY. And that's not even counting the number of hits he's taken after throwing the pass.

This is a great decision. The games are worthless, and their is no positive experience from being a punching bag for three meaningless games. Best case scenario from playing him: He sucks a little less each game for a grand finale of mediocrity. Worst case scenario: Another knee injury, another lost offseason, and another year of sucking. This benching has nothing to do with the quality of Griffin's play, and everything to do with his risk of injury. What made Griffin play terribly this season was his lack of having an offseason to learn in. It was entirely spent on rehabbing an injury. At the start of the season, he was 100% physically healthy, but he was not mentally ready. He was basically extending his rookie season with a knee brace attached that slowed him down.

If Griffin got injured again in a meaningless game that gives us diddlysquat, fans would be demanding Shanahan's head, and rightfully so. We've invested three years of first round draft picks in him. There is no common sense in throwing his safety away for dirt.

TheMajorSupreme wrote:To be quite honest, I'm not on the big fan-train of RG3. In my opinion, he's over-hyped. The entire team is garbage currently under Shanahan waiting to become another man's treasure. But, I don't see RG3 as the elite QB everyone sees him to be. Yeah, he can run and has a strong arm but his consistency is killing his game. I wouldn't want him as my team's QB. Plus, you want him hurting his leg again? They are 3-10, there's no chance of getting in the play-offs. It makes sense to sit him the rest of the season since he's the BIG "franchise QB". Pull him, let Cousins play, get a new coach in the rotation, and get some young players on defense. And hopefully his hype is burned out next season.

His hype was justified. An over-hyped player doesn't carry an entire team on his back to the playoffs. If Griffin didn't have an injury this season, we'd at least be in the running for the division title.

Loxley
All-Pro

Postby Loxley » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Apparently Austinmario should be coaching somewhere else (sorry bud but speaking of common sense and arguing that Griffin just "has the arm" wasn't the brightest thing to post) I'm not even a Redskins fan but I knew some time ago about how bad their OL is (it's weird you haven't noticed since your team plays them 2 times a year) but also, some of the sacks and hits he's taken were purely on him having bad decisions. RGIII is a good QB and has the upside to be great but he needs coaching and help from his offensive line to do so. I don't think last season was a fluke. The season is over for the Redskins; benching RGIII and preventing him from injury during meaningless games was the best thing to do

packers316
All-Pro

Postby packers316 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:54 pm

Loxley wrote:Apparently Austinmario should be coaching somewhere else (sorry bud but speaking of common sense and arguing that Griffin just "has the arm" wasn't the brightest thing to post) I'm not even a Redskins fan but I knew some time ago about how bad their OL is (it's weird you haven't noticed since your team plays them 2 times a year) but also, some of the sacks and hits he's taken were purely on him having bad decisions. RGIII is a good QB and has the upside to be great but he needs coaching and help from his offensive line to do so. I don't think last season was a fluke. The season is over for the Redskins; benching RGIII and preventing him from injury during meaningless games was the best thing to do

Should've done it earlier if you ask me...and people though the browns were throwing away their season when they traded richardson :lol:
Green Bay Packers, Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/view ... =2&t=14773
Heisman 14 Add-on Team
AGL MOD: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15644

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:45 pm

packers316 wrote:
Loxley wrote:Apparently Austinmario should be coaching somewhere else (sorry bud but speaking of common sense and arguing that Griffin just "has the arm" wasn't the brightest thing to post) I'm not even a Redskins fan but I knew some time ago about how bad their OL is (it's weird you haven't noticed since your team plays them 2 times a year) but also, some of the sacks and hits he's taken were purely on him having bad decisions. RGIII is a good QB and has the upside to be great but he needs coaching and help from his offensive line to do so. I don't think last season was a fluke. The season is over for the Redskins; benching RGIII and preventing him from injury during meaningless games was the best thing to do

Should've done it earlier if you ask me...and people though the browns were throwing away their season when they traded richardson :lol:

Yup, and it turns out we threw it away when we drafted Weeden! And again when we started Weeden! And once more when Hoyer got hurt! And also when we started Campbell! And yet again when we started Weeden! And then when we started Campbell! And most recently when our defense decided to let the Patriots march down the field and take the win we handed them on a golden platter! See, sometimes star players don't matter at all!
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:11 pm

I don't know about the beginning of the season. Doctors said he was fine and Griffin said he was fine. We had the entire season in front of us, and we thought we would pick up on the magic where we left off before Griffin got injured. Hindsight makes most decisions easier, including what happened to begin the season. I know I thought he could go back to Superman form. Heck, I thought it would be a shootout win for us while the Eagles would start out the season decently before Chip's offense would be figured out and shut down. We can see how well that turned out. :lol: What's done is done. We thought Griffin was physically and mentally ready for it, and we were wrong. We've learned, and we've moved on. :)

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:14 am

I was going to say that Washington should loose these last games for draft position, but doesn't their first round pick belong to the Rams?

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:06 pm

petroleum wrote:I was going to say that Washington should loose these last games for draft position, but doesn't their first round pick belong to the Rams?

It does, but at this point, our second round pick is going to almost be a first round pick. :P

Return to “Washington Football Team”