Wahsington Football Team

Randall12
MVP

Re: Wahsington Football Team

Postby Randall12 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:21 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Randall12 wrote:
BUS36 wrote:Honestly I am starting to believe that they are going with the Sentinels.....

Sentinels.jpg
From the movie "Replacements"

Washington Sentinels.jpg

Washington Sentinels_1.jpg

The word Sentinel does get connected to indigenous People. Natives. So it does keep the Native American connection.

The statements released said they want to something that can be tied with US Army and the native americans , What could that be then ?

Something to do with code talkers maybe?

Yes the NAVA Indians did suggest that to them.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:24 pm

BUS36 wrote:Sentinels....is both military and Native Americans. the definition is: one who stands guards or watches over a post. Another name is sentry.

Their is a video on youtube saying their is apparently a database with D.C. Sentinels being registered with the Site Company that does all the NFL websites.

Everyone keeps only pinning Sentinels with that replacement movie. I guess they do not know it's tied with Natives and Army like we said :mrgreen:

LT #78
Pro Bowl

Postby LT #78 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:53 am

This re-naming is an opportunity being wasted. The team should finally acknowledge that they don't actually play in Washington DC, and that none of the nicknames discussed are connected to what the city is REALLY known for. Plus, if you do a renaming and your name doesn't alliterate, your owner's just a loser.

The only acceptable choice here is Potomac Parasites.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:52 pm

LT #78 wrote:This re-naming is an opportunity being wasted. The team should finally acknowledge that they don't actually play in Washington DC, and that none of the nicknames discussed are connected to what the city is REALLY known for. Plus, if you do a renaming and your name doesn't alliterate, your owner's just a loser.

The only acceptable choice here is Potomac Parasites.

I don't think there are many sorts teams with alliterative names. Wish there were more though. Stan Lee would be proud haha.

If the Jets and Giants won't acknowledge that they play in New Jersey, why would Washington acknowledge that their location is incorrect? The precedent is that it's okay to lie about your location if it suits you.

"I'm finally in New York City! I can't wait to see the Giants!

Excuse me, which train takes me to the Giants game?"

"Dude, you're on the wrong side of the river. Head to the Port Authority and take the PATH train or NJ Transit."

What a buzzkill.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:30 am

This past year has shown that if you go woke you go broke. So if you're going to go broke for changing your nickname why not just keep it. If FedEx wants to pull out of the stadium sponsorship then another company will sponsor it and I don't think FedEx wants to lose that advertising. I mean all those videos made during the lockdown mocking FedEx on how they deliver packages does not help FedEx's image.

And once the Redskins change their nickname they are going to demand they change their team name because Washington was a "racist" slave owner (even tho he freed his slaves upon his death).

Many people say don't be ignorant and educate yourself before speaking out and I just admire how these SJWs educate themselves by speaking with, in this case, with native americans directly and finding out for themselves how they feel about the nickname. But in any court case you would not be allowed to ask that question because it would be considered "leading" the witness.

If I were to show you a picture of myself you would see I look a lot like a native american and yet I have never been asked how I feel about the Redskins nickname. This is just SJWs taking it upon themselves to stir up the pot without educating themselves and keeping their heads in the sand because ignorance is bliss.

Let me tell you about my experience growing up because I feel it needs to said. This country is not racist despite the push you hear in social media.

Growing up in the 80's the #1 tv show was the Cosby Show, the #1 Pop Star was Michael Jackson, the #1 comedian was Eddie Murphy... all black people. Funny thing is at that time race didn't matter, it didn't even crossed my mind until now.

In this country I'm considered a minority and according to SJWs there is racism against me. The thing is that I travel through this country a lot and I haven't experienced racism anywhere I have been nor I have felt any danger from any race because of my race. I have heard "racist" remarks toward me but they have been in heated discussions but who hasn't said them in heated arguments?

Does racism exist? Maybe but in today's society no one is out to get you, you are the captain of your ship. If you decide to stay out until three in the morning causing trouble instead of spending time in the library bettering yourself then don't blame society for your misfortunes.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:24 pm

elguapo wrote:This past year has shown that if you go woke you go broke. So if you're going to go broke for changing your nickname why not just keep it. If FedEx wants to pull out of the stadium sponsorship then another company will sponsor it and I don't think FedEx wants to lose that advertising. I mean all those videos made during the lockdown mocking FedEx on how they deliver packages does not help FedEx's image.

And once the Redskins change their nickname they are going to demand they change their team name because Washington was a "racist" slave owner (even tho he freed his slaves upon his death).

Many people say don't be ignorant and educate yourself before speaking out and I just admire how these SJWs educate themselves by speaking with, in this case, with native americans directly and finding out for themselves how they feel about the nickname. But in any court case you would not be allowed to ask that question because it would be considered "leading" the witness.

If I were to show you a picture of myself you would see I look a lot like a native american and yet I have never been asked how I feel about the Redskins nickname. This is just SJWs taking it upon themselves to stir up the pot without educating themselves and keeping their heads in the sand because ignorance is bliss.

Let me tell you about my experience growing up because I feel it needs to said. This country is not racist despite the push you hear in social media.

Growing up in the 80's the #1 tv show was the Cosby Show, the #1 Pop Star was Michael Jackson, the #1 comedian was Eddie Murphy... all black people. Funny thing is at that time race didn't matter, it didn't even crossed my mind until now.

In this country I'm considered a minority and according to SJWs there is racism against me. The thing is that I travel through this country a lot and I haven't experienced racism anywhere I have been nor I have felt any danger from any race because of my race. I have heard "racist" remarks toward me but they have been in heated discussions but who hasn't said them in heated arguments?

Does racism exist? Maybe but in today's society no one is out to get you, you are the captain of your ship. If you decide to stay out until three in the morning causing trouble instead of spending time in the library bettering yourself then don't blame society for your misfortunes.

Before this thread gets locked, I want the record to show that I agree 100%.

Return to “Washington Football Team”