Next cowboys coach......

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Next cowboys coach......

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 am

So I have a gut feeling that Ron Rivera who was recently fired from Carolina will be the new head coach in Dallas next offseason. The other option would be the Browns but I think Rivera would be more inclined to the Cowboys........just my opinion.

Garrett is clearly done in Dallas even if he wins the division this year, he won't be extended for sure.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Next cowboys coach......

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Next cowboys coach......

Postby elguapo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:05 am

After watching the cowboys on Thursday and hearing Romo break down the plays I think Romo would be a good head coach for the cowboys. (...and this is coming from a fan that didn't think Romo cut it as a player)

Dak is leading the NFL in passing and at this rate he will break all of Romo's records. But we cannot afford another 10 years with mediocre records.

I don't think the cowboys should hire saban or any other retired coach or a coach that is in the decline. Their passion won't be there because they probably already accomplished what they wanted to accomplish.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:19 pm

elguapo wrote:After watching the cowboys on Thursday and hearing Romo break down the plays I think Romo would be a good head coach for the cowboys. (...and this is coming from a fan that didn't think Romo cut it as a player)

Dak is leading the NFL in passing and at this rate he will break all of Romo's records. But we cannot afford another 10 years with mediocre records.

I don't think the cowboys should hire saban or any other retired coach or a coach that is in the decline. Their passion won't be there because they probably already accomplished what they wanted to accomplish.

Romo won't be our coach. As cool as that would be, he seems to be pretty happy in the booth, and he gets to spend a lot more time with his wife and kids. He said coaching has always interested him, but that any likely attempt to coach would be a ways off.

A Dallas vacancy might tempt him, but I expect him to stay in the booth.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

TVGuy22
Pro Bowl

Postby TVGuy22 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:47 am

I think it's time for Jerry to put up or shut up. Let's see him down on the sidelines with a headset. :lol:

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:38 pm

I would try to hire Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma's head coach), if you can pry him away from that job. I think he could be a candidate to be a really good head coach at the NFL level.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:16 am

Danchat wrote:I would try to hire Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma's head coach), if you can pry him away from that job. I think he could be a candidate to be a really good head coach at the NFL level.

Or he could be the next Barry Switzer.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:28 am

Austinmario13 wrote:
Danchat wrote:I would try to hire Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma's head coach), if you can pry him away from that job. I think he could be a candidate to be a really good head coach at the NFL level.

Or he could be the next Barry Switzer.

Hey... he managed to take a talented roster and not screw it up so badly that they couldn't win one extra Super Bowl. I'd take that haha.

Though... we don't have a very talented roster right now; defense and special teams being the primary culprits of mediocrity. And we have, like, two decent coaches on the whole staff, so he'd likely have to come in and gut the entire operation. Maybe keep Kitna and Nussmeier.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:22 pm

I think Mike McCarthy is going to be the next candidate.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:54 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:I think Mike McCarthy is going to be the next candidate.

And McCarthy you get. Well, that could be good or bad. The Packers were front-runners that had it tough making comebacks during his tenure. Not too different from what the Cowboys were this season so ...
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:26 pm

I think they will shock the world and hire a coach from the college ranks to spark their young culture! Not sure who, but I gotta feelin!

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”