Next cowboys coach......

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Next cowboys coach......

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:I think they will shock the world and hire a coach from the college ranks to spark their young culture! Not sure who, but I gotta feelin!

Is that a joke or have you been living under a rock? Look one post up.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:08 pm

I think McCarthy will be good for Dallas, and this is coming from a guy who was not a fan of his due to his conservative play calling in the playoffs and predictable offensive calling after coordinators get tape on his offensive scheme with new personnel it usually slows down in year 2 or 3 to mediocrity. However, I think if he learned from his mistakes and takes more chances like Riverboat Ron Rivera did he will do better this time around as a head coach. Also, he needs to let someone else do the offensive playcalling as his concepts are good but they are overused week to week. Another person as OC would allow him to have some more variety in playcalling while keeping the same basic scheme/concepts as the foundation but having a better rotation of plays. Instead of predictable ones.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:32 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:I think McCarthy will be good for Dallas, and this is coming from a guy who was not a fan of his due to his conservative play calling in the playoffs and predictable offensive calling after coordinators get tape on his offensive scheme with new personnel it usually slows down in year 2 or 3 to mediocrity. However, I think if he learned from his mistakes and takes more chances like Riverboat Ron Rivera did he will do better this time around as a head coach. Also, he needs to let someone else do the offensive playcalling as his concepts are good but they are overused week to week. Another person as OC would allow him to have some more variety in playcalling while keeping the same basic scheme/concepts as the foundation but having a better rotation of plays. Instead of predictable ones.

It seems likely he'll keep Kellen Moore as the offensive coordinator.

One thing that stood out to me is reporting that claims he'll look to hire a full staff of analytics people to join the team. Jason Garrett basically made fun of analytics when he was the coach and the Cowboys boasted about not following analytics. Being a fan of the Yankees and seeing how successful following analytics has helped them become, I'm looking forward to the change.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:24 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:I think McCarthy will be good for Dallas, and this is coming from a guy who was not a fan of his due to his conservative play calling in the playoffs and predictable offensive calling after coordinators get tape on his offensive scheme with new personnel it usually slows down in year 2 or 3 to mediocrity. However, I think if he learned from his mistakes and takes more chances like Riverboat Ron Rivera did he will do better this time around as a head coach. Also, he needs to let someone else do the offensive playcalling as his concepts are good but they are overused week to week. Another person as OC would allow him to have some more variety in playcalling while keeping the same basic scheme/concepts as the foundation but having a better rotation of plays. Instead of predictable ones.

It seems likely he'll keep Kellen Moore as the offensive coordinator.

One thing that stood out to me is reporting that claims he'll look to hire a full staff of analytics people to join the team. Jason Garrett basically made fun of analytics when he was the coach and the Cowboys boasted about not following analytics. Being a fan of the Yankees and seeing how successful following analytics has helped them become, I'm looking forward to the change.

I fully expect McCarthy to call for a 2 point conversion after scoring a TD down 14, to go down 6, get chewed out by whoever is commentating, then shut them up after picking up a 1 point W. Then doing it again. You should probably expect more Dak heroics than Zeke getting an infinite amount of carries.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

albedarnit
All-Pro

Postby albedarnit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:44 pm

I don't think any of it will matter unless Jerry Jones steps aside and lets the coach do his job which hasn't happened since Jimmy Johnson. I have been a fan of the Cowboys since the days of Dandy Don. I would love to see that consistency come back. Not sure what it's like now but I do know that for many years the Cowboys had the best record against the AFC amongst there NFC brethren. Not to mention other accolades.
"Every coach has his own style of play, but when you spend your whole life as a Cowboy, you have to be influenced by what we did." - Tom Landry

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:02 pm

As a Packer fan nearly my entire life, I am simply not a fan of this guy.

But I'll root for him. He was 100% class, all the way, even after a pretty brutal curb stomping when he was dismissed.

He's already off to a good start, hiring Mike Nolan.

Good success to him!

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:06 pm

In the deepest darkest corners of his soul, I bet Jerry Jones hates himself for running Jimmy Johnson off.

Maybe Jimmy would have left regardless, as he says, but that team probably could have been every bit as successful as the Patriots.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:38 am

Austinmario13 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:I think they will shock the world and hire a coach from the college ranks to spark their young culture! Not sure who, but I gotta feelin!

hummm, I haven't heard that one since the stone age... let me get my hammer and wedge to chisel that down :D :D . Actually after Sunday's games, the t.v been off, I was working on the 2020 playbooks, so yeah, I've missed a few episodes of... :lol:

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:08 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:

hummm, I haven't heard that one since the stone age... let me get my hammer and wedge to chisel that down :D :D . Actually after Sunday's games, the t.v been off, I was working on the 2020 playbooks, so yeah, I've missed a few episodes of... :lol:

settle down fellas....too much raging testosterone up in here :lol: (just kidding) :D
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:10 pm

I really can't imagine McCarthy having done very little with Rogers, having better success with Dak in Dallas. The Cowboys remind me of the Jim Caldwell coached Lions. They are a good team, that couldn't get past mediocre with Garrett. I think McCarthy is a solid coach, just not a good fit for Dallas!

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”