Amari Cooper is a Cowboy Now

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Is John Gruden sabotaging the Raiders on purpose?

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Amari Cooper is a Cowboy Now

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:Is John Gruden sabotaging the Raiders on purpose?

I was going to ask the same thing. Gruden's objective as a HC is, apparently, destroy the Raiders as much as possible. So, who is the Raiders best receiver now? Jordy Nelson? Martavis Bryant? Well, they got a boat load of 2019 picks, so that's something. It also means they are tanking (Despite what Gruden might tell you) forthe purpose of rebuilding. On the other hand, the Cowboys sent a 1st Rounder for Cooper. While it is a boost to their previously just decent receiving corp (Which was overused, despite the fact that Zeke Elliot exists and Dak Prescott can run, and is hard to stop either of them, let alone both), it is a 1st round pick! Why? Cooper ain't a bad receiver, but is he worth a 2019 1st round pick? Wouldn't a 3rd round pick would have been better?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:15 pm

Raiders wanted a 1st rounder. Someone would have given it to them. The recent loss made Dallas desperate enough.

The logic behind it is that Dallas was going to draft a WR in the 1st anyway most likely, so what's the difference? The difference is one is older and has a drop rate of 17%.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:18 pm

RevanFan wrote:Raiders wanted a 1st rounder. Someone would have given it to them. The recent loss made Dallas desperate enough.

The logic behind it is that Dallas was going to draft a WR in the 1st anyway most likely, so what's the difference? The difference is one is older and has a drop rate of 17%.

Cooper have 24 years old... so maybe not older...

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Raiders fans right now.

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:42 am

What the Raiders are doing looks like what I do in franchise mode when I'm too dominant and I trade stars for draft picks. The only difference is that I would not consider the Raiders "too dominant"...

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:52 pm

RevanFan wrote:Raiders wanted a 1st rounder. Someone would have given it to them. The recent loss made Dallas desperate enough.

I know what your thoughts on Cooper... that's not a good trade by the Cowboys. A year and a half of control of Cooper for a 1st round pick? Not good, plus Cooper is owed $13M next season, so you're basically forced to overpay him. Yikes!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”