fans are starting to Compare Dak Prescott to Mark Sanchez

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:34 am

Until he butt-fumbles, it’s not official. But could it really be true? I think it’s Scott Linehan.

Sponsor

Sponsor

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Re: fans are starting to Compare Dak Prescott to Mark Sanchez

Postby sarcasticface » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:11 am

Austinmario13 wrote:Until he butt-fumbles, it’s not official. But could it really be true? I think it’s Scott Linehan.

Well, I don’t blame them. I think Dak the Black Prescott sucks. The Cowboys are going anywhere ‘til they bench him.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:30 am

sarcasticface wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:Until he butt-fumbles, it’s not official. But could it really be true? I think it’s Scott Linehan.

Well, I don’t blame them. I think Dak the Black Prescott sucks. The Cowboys are going anywhere ‘til they bench him.

I'd much rather have Dak, than Trubisky. Oh, and by the way, Trubisky does have a butt-fumble on his record.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:19 am

sarcasticface wrote:

Well, Dak from what I've seen has been just decent, just average. Doesn't help that the Cowboys refuse to give the ball to Zeke Elliot more often and they have only Cole Beasley as a receiving corp. That and excessive amounts of Tavon Austin Jet Sweeps.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:50 pm

The Cowboys have a lot of problems.

1. No creativity from Scott Linehan. Also... calling the same plays on the same downs over and over again.
2. Poor blocking due to Frederick illness. Frederick made all the calls and adjustments for the line.
3. No decent receivers. Cole Beasley is the only one with any sort of consistency.
4. No tight ends. Don't think I need to explain.
5. Failing to get Zeke involved as often as in previous seasons. This falls on Linehan.
6. Lack of deep passes. Falls on both Dak and Linehan.
7. Dak's biggest strength is designed runs, which we're not using. Blame Linehan.
8. Poor accuracy by Dak. Also, receivers having trouble getting open (though Beasley says they're always open.)

So Dak is not blameless, but MUCH of the problem is the fault of Linehan, Garrett, and the entire front office. And some of it is just bad luck.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:58 pm

RevanFan wrote:The Cowboys have a lot of problems.

1. No creativity from Scott Linehan. Also... calling the same plays on the same downs over and over again.
2. Poor blocking due to Frederick illness. Frederick made all the calls and adjustments for the line.
3. No decent receivers. Cole Beasley is the only one with any sort of consistency.
5. Failing to get Zeke involved as often as in previous seasons. This falls on Linehan.
7. Dak's biggest strength is designed runs, which we're not using. Blame Linehan.
8. Poor accuracy by Dak. Also, receivers having trouble getting open (though Beasley says they're always open.)

So Dak is not blameless, but MUCH of the problem is the fault of Linehan, Garrett, and the entire front office. And some of it is just bad luck.

Do you think firing Scott Linehan would help some?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:The Cowboys have a lot of problems.

Do you think firing Scott Linehan would help some?

Depends on who calls the plays. Garrett would likely take over. I say keep Linehan and Garrett for the rest of the season, and if things don't improve, start over fresh.

Definitely fire Kellen Moore though.
My Cowboys Journal

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:51 pm

RevanFan wrote:1. No creativity from Scott Linehan. Also... calling the same plays on the same downs over and over again.

Funny that Dez Bryant is calling them out on this. They are guaranteed to run at least 4 Jet Sweeps with Tavon Austin on every single game.
RevanFan wrote:8. Poor accuracy by Dak. Also, receivers having trouble getting open (though Beasley says they're always open.)

Also, the real reason why Dez was ineffective last year, Dak simply couldn't hit him.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:1. No creativity from Scott Linehan. Also... calling the same plays on the same downs over and over again.

Funny that Dez Bryant is calling them out on this. They are guaranteed to run at least 4 Jet Sweeps with Tavon Austin on every single game.
RevanFan wrote:8. Poor accuracy by Dak. Also, receivers having trouble getting open (though Beasley says they're always open.)

Also, the real reason why Dez was ineffective last year, Dak simply couldn't hit him.

To be fair to Dak, he and Dez never had chemistry. Romo would hit Dez all over the freaking field. Almost as often as he hit Witten.
My Cowboys Journal

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 pm

jose21crisis wrote:

To be fair to Dak, he and Dez never had chemistry. Romo would hit Dez all over the freaking field. Almost as often as he hit Witten.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”