Dez Bryant is gone!

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Dez Bryant is gone!

Postby RevanFan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:THANK GOD... :roll:

He's one of the best receivers in the team's history. He's only 29. I'm not celebrating.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:09 pm

RevanFan wrote:

He's one of the best receivers in the team's history. He's only 29. I'm not celebrating.

Yeah, for the problems Dez Bryant had, their receiver group consists of Allen Hurns, Deonte Thompson, Terrance Williams, and Cole Beasley & Ryan Switzer as slot-only guys. That would probably be the league's worst WR corps. The WRs available in this year's draft aren't that exciting (Courtland Sutton, D. J. Moore, Calvin Ridley), so the Cowboys aren't in a good spot.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:12 am

lol idk why you would say that, other than his big contract but I thought he was a very productive receiver and could be counted on to make very tough catches. I know he was like a 2nd security blanket after witten for romo for several years. He made a lot of game changing plays making ridiculous sideline catches (I remember against the falcons late in the 4th quarter with under 1 min to play a few years ago).

His stats of recent seasons have not eclipsed 1000 yards since 2014 but I still think a big bodied wr threat like him will find a good place on a team as a redzone weapon.

i think despite his early problems adjusting to the league life, he's become a very good football player and an even better person then when he entered the league.

I would be glad to have a guy with his type of hard nose work hard attitude on my team....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:32 am

ultimatum77 wrote:I know he was like a 2nd security blanket after witten for romo for several years.

That was actually the thing. Romo to Bryant was nigh-unstoppable, you could only hope to contain them and most couldn't even do that. But Prescott to Bryant was not as threatening. His numbers were of a solid #2 receiver, and not the numbers of an elite #1 receiver. He's still a guy that would win a jump ball situation or run someone over. He still has that big play capability, even if he's not that fast.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 am

jose21crisis wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:I know he was like a 2nd security blanket after witten for romo for several years.

That was actually the thing. Romo to Bryant was nigh-unstoppable, you could only hope to contain them and most couldn't even do that. But Prescott to Bryant was not as threatening. His numbers were of a solid #2 receiver, and not the numbers of an elite #1 receiver. He's still a guy that would win a jump ball situation or run someone over. He still has that big play capability, even if he's not that fast.

you're correct, dak just doesn't have the same dynamic and ability to throw open receivers and know their break patterns/routes ahead of time. That's what Romo developed well with bryant. He could throw a back shoulder throw before bryant even made his break and the ball would be there right on time when dez turned around to make the sideline catch. Romo never got the credit he deserved but he was a stellar quarterback who I think the cowboys moved on too early from....even despite his injuries he could have taken the cowboys to the nfc champ game with another 1-2 years easily.

Dez is a randymoss/to type wr....maybe not stat wise but he's got great upper body strength he can use to outmuscle dbs or safeties on jump balls. That kind of weapon in late game situations or redzone opportunities is lethal when needed....

I hope the Giants get rid of marshal and bring in dez for at least a year or 2. a motivated dez is one who could tear up the league again as long as he stays healthy....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:33 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:

you're correct, dak just doesn't have the same dynamic and ability to throw open receivers and know their break patterns/routes ahead of time. That's what Romo developed well with bryant. He could throw a back shoulder throw before bryant even made his break and the ball would be there right on time when dez turned around to make the sideline catch. Romo never got the credit he deserved but he was a stellar quarterback who I think the cowboys moved on too early from....even despite his injuries he could have taken the cowboys to the nfc champ game with another 1-2 years easily.

Dez is a randymoss/to type wr....maybe not stat wise but he's got great upper body strength he can use to outmuscle dbs or safeties on jump balls. That kind of weapon in late game situations or redzone opportunities is lethal when needed....

I hope the Giants get rid of marshal and bring in dez for at least a year or 2. a motivated dez is one who could tear up the league again as long as he stays healthy....

Cue the Giants releasing Brandon Marshall. If Dez does go to the Giants .... that would be fun to see, Dez vs. the Cowboys' secondary. He wanted to see the 'Boys twice a year ... so ... is not out of the question.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”