Ware Retiring a Cowboy

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Ware Retiring a Cowboy

Postby JSamuel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:35 am

Although DeMarcus Ware is technically a member of the Denver Broncos, he is retiring a Cowboy.

Personally, I wish he had chosen to play a little longer. But it's his decision, and retiring early is probably the wise thing to do.

Ware Retiring a Cowboy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Re: Ware Retiring a Cowboy

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:06 pm

JSamuel wrote:Although DeMarcus Ware is technically a member of the Denver Broncos, he is retiring a Cowboy.

Personally, I wish he had chosen to play a little longer. But it's his decision, and retiring early is probably the wise thing to do.

Retiring a...Cowboy? I thought he retired a Bronco.
Also still wished he would play a little longer...just like Tony Romo.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:27 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Although DeMarcus Ware is technically a member of the Denver Broncos, he is retiring a Cowboy.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that works either. I'm assuming he and the Cowboys association are just saying, "He's retiring a Cowboy."

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:18 pm

JSamuel wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure how that works either. I'm assuming he and the Cowboys association are just saying, "He's retiring a Cowboy."

Actually, your statement is untrue. DeMarcus Ware was NOT a Denver Bronco. His contract expired after the 2016 season. He was a free agent. He was considering re-signing with Dallas or Denver, but decided instead to retire, so Dallas signed him to a single-day contract and placed him on Reserve/Retired.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 am

RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:Retiring a...Cowboy? I thought he retired a Bronco.

Actually, your statement is untrue. DeMarcus Ware was NOT a Denver Bronco. His contract expired after the 2016 season. He was a free agent. He was considering re-signing with Dallas or Denver, but decided instead to retire, so Dallas signed him to a single-day contract and placed him on Reserve/Retired.

That makes sense; I've heard of teams doing that before.

Did Peyton Manning do that with the Colts? Or did they ask him to and he declined?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:00 am

JSamuel wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure how that works either. I'm assuming he and the Cowboys association are just saying, "He's retiring a Cowboy."

That makes sense; I've heard of teams doing that before.

Did Peyton Manning do that with the Colts? Or did they ask him to and he declined?

I have no idea.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:20 pm

Manning did not sign a one day contract with the Colts. I doubt we'll ever know if he was offered one.

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”