Romo retiring

Double-U
Banned

Re: Romo retiring

Postby Double-U » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:43 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Double-U wrote:A. No NFL team drafted him, wasn't good enough! ;)

Your logic is entirely flawed. I guess Tom Brady isn't good enough? Kurt Warner isn't good enough? Oh, and Russell and Leaf are the best quarterbacks ever?

RevanFan, just because you a Romo groupie don't make my football logic flawed...You sound like a my girl who's losing an arguement. Why bring up the best in Brady, or a real acheiver in Warner, or losers like leaf and lazy a$$ bums like Russell! We're only talking about sorry A$$ Antonio Ramiro... I brought you Romo stats, not Brady's or anybody else!

This isn't an contrast and compare exercise! Romo was NOT a great QB, please stop trying to make him better than Danny White! You can runoff BS all you want (change the subject) etc... that's what she does too! HIS career speaks volumes of how bad he was. Remember QB's are judged on entirely different level than ALL other positions... 14 seasons: Only 2 playoff wins... Choke yourself! The best QB to never win a ship is Marino and Romo can't hold his jock!

For the witty gus who just mentioned Warren Moon: It's DUMB as HELL that someone mentioned his name at all in this Romo thread! Warren played and put Washington Huskies on the map! He did win the Rose Bowl, beating power house U of M. Not drafted by the RACIALLY BIASED NFL ok!?!...So what then, He's in the CFL Hall of Fame... Was voted number 5 in CFL TOP 50 Greatest Players EVER!!!! In 5 years in the CFL, Warren broke CFL passing records and threw for 5000+ twice along with 5 consecutive professional CFL ships! I know you're joking comparing Tony to this?!?! Please :lol: stop. Romo would be dreaming :shock: that he was dreaming :o that he was dreaming :? that he could be that GREAT! It happens, but not to Tony!

Romo, isn't worth all of this... I'm done. You can't speak for his carreer or modify his numbers to please yourself, you just can't, he blew bubbles! :lol:!

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:37 am

Do you talk back to your girl like that?

Anyway... Moon won more playoff games than Romo.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:16 pm

elguapo wrote:Anyway... Moon won more playoff games than Romo.

Moon won 3 in 10 starts, Romo won 2 in 4. Getting to the playoffs with an awful team is one thing, but once either QB got there, Romo had a better winning average.

Double-U wrote:For the witty gus who just mentioned Warren Moon: It's DUMB as HELL that someone mentioned his name at all in this Romo thread! Warren played and put Washington Huskies on the map! He did win the Rose Bowl, beating power house U of M. Not drafted by the RACIALLY BIASED NFL ok!?!...So what then, He's in the CFL Hall of Fame... Was voted number 5 in CFL TOP 50 Greatest Players EVER!!!! In 5 years in the CFL, Warren broke CFL passing records and threw for 5000+ twice along with 5 consecutive professional CFL ships! I know you're joking comparing Tony to this?!?! Please :lol: stop. Romo would be dreaming :shock: that he was dreaming :o that he was dreaming :? that he could be that GREAT! It happens, but not to Tony!

Romo, isn't worth all of this... I'm done. You can't speak for his carreer or modify his numbers to please yourself, you just can't, he blew bubbles! :lol:!

The point isn't about who left a greater impact on the NFL. The point also isn't about the CFL, considering that this is a discussion about NFL careers. We're also not comparing racial barriers broken through; a player's race doesn't change the standards for comparing their playoff performances.

Your point above is that because Moon played in the CFL and Romo didn't, that makes Moon more successful in the playoffs. Mine is that the complaint that Romo was terrible because he choked in the playoffs makes no sense when you notice that Moon and other revered QBs lost more often.

Am I knocking on Moon? No. Because only legendary QBs can carry a mediocre team on their shoulders to the playoffs and win. Moon couldn't, yet people still believe that Romo should have to be considered anything other than terrible.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:58 pm

NickyJ wrote:

Moon won 3 in 10 starts, Romo won 2 in 4. Getting to the playoffs with an awful team is one thing, but once either QB got there, Romo had a better winning average.

That is where the deceptive stats come in. Romo played less games in the playoffs but is considered better than moon who took the team to more playoffs? Is doing less considered to be better?

Now if you were to compare them equally... Romo went to the playoffs four times, moon 10 times. If we were to take away six playoff games from Moon to be equal to Romo then Moon has a better winning percentage and a better winning record in the playoffs.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:58 pm

elguapo wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

That is where the deceptive stats come in. Romo played less games in the playoffs but is considered better than moon who took the team to more playoffs? Is doing less considered to be better?

Now if you were to compare them equally... Romo went to the playoffs four times, moon 10 times. If we were to take away six playoff games from Moon to be equal to Romo then Moon has a better winning percentage and a better winning record in the playoffs.

But that's just it. I'm not arguing that Romo is better. I'm arguing that trashing Romo because he's lost in the playoffs doesn't make any sense when QBs who are undeniably better than him have undeniably worse records in the playoffs.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:26 am

I'm still thinking that Romo's 4 playoff games does not compare to Moon's 10 playoff games. Even if we were to be fair and say that at least you must have half of Moon's playoff games to be compared to Moon, Romo still doesn't compare because he falls short of the minimum of 5 playoff games.

Romo is not a good QB, mediocre...backup QB at best.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:35 am

elguapo wrote:Romo is not a good QB, mediocre...backup QB at best.

Backup quarterbacks don't set franchise and NFL records, make Pro Bowls, or be named All-Pro.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:12 am

Wasn't he a backup QB for four years?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:35 am

elguapo wrote:Wasn't he a backup QB for four years?

Three. Three out of fourteen. Well... three and a half.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:24 am

Double-U wrote:Romo, isn't worth all of this... I'm done. You can't speak for his carreer or modify his numbers to please yourself, you just can't, he blew bubbles! :lol:!

"Romo isn't worth all of this"... yet you took how much time out of your life to type a diatribe of hate/dislike...............

Romo was a good QB who played for a weak and inconsistent organization. That's how I'll remember him. Was he good enough to win a Super Bowl if the team were better? I wouldn't say he was better or worse than Eli Manning, only Eli was fortunate to play for an organization that assembled 2 Title teams. Jerry Jones hasn't won anything without Jimmy Johnsons core of players.

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”