Romo Released?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Romo Released?

Postby elguapo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Could the nightmare finally be over on Thursday?

Romo Released?

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Romo Released?

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:38 pm

elguapo wrote:Could the nightmare finally be over on Thursday?

He has easily been the 3rd best quarterback in the history of the team, and is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL over the last decade. I will miss him and remember him fondly.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:27 pm

RevanFan wrote:

He has easily been the 3rd best quarterback in the history of the team, and is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL over the last decade. I will miss him and remember him fondly.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 pm

I didn't say it was a close 3rd. But... he's set almost every franchise passing record, is third in wins, and has one of the highest passer ratings and 4th quarter ratings in NFL history. He also has the most 4th quarter comebacks in Cowboys history (shockingly not Staubach.) So... yeah, he was dang good. Just never had that team around him that could go it all. 2014 and 2007 were close, but not quite. 2016 would have been his best bet, but still... even with Dak, no dice. In fact, 2014 was possibly one of the best seasons ever by a quarterback. Even though most seasons ended in disappointment, I'll still remember most of the journey fondly. He has always been one of my favorite players.
My Cowboys Journal

lbalbo
Veteran

Postby lbalbo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:58 pm

RevanFan wrote:

I second that.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:48 pm

Second that what part? You agree that with RevanFan that Romo was a good QB because he broke team records playing sub par teams throughout his career? Or do you agree with me that Romo was nothing more than a backup QB at best?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:15 pm

elguapo wrote:Second that what part? You agree that with RevanFan that Romo was a good QB because he broke team records playing sub par teams throughout his career? Or do you agree with me that Romo was nothing more than a backup QB at best?

What does beating up on subpar teams have to do with it? Tom Brady has gotten a majority of his wins against subpar teams - especially playing in the AFC East - but that doesn't make him a bad QB. If Romo is backup QB caliber, then there have only been 10-15 QBs in the last decade that have been good enough to start. Yeah, he's not a great QB, but he's at the very least an above average QB.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:42 pm

Yes other QBs beat up on sub par teams but unlike Romo, Brady actually wins against those sub par teams.

So here's your reasoning. because Romo is a good QB he also has FIVE Super Bowls like Brady.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:46 pm

elguapo wrote:Yes other QBs beat up on sub par teams but unlike Romo, Brady actually wins against those sub par teams.

So here's your reasoning. because Romo is a good QB he also has FIVE Super Bowls like Brady.

Brady didn't win those Super Bowls. He played a huge part, yes, but the Patriots consistently have one of the best all around teams, EVERY YEAR.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”