Kings of the North

GeneralSilent
MVP

Kings of the North

Postby GeneralSilent » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:45 pm

The Cowboys have defeated all the teams in the NFC North and AFC North.

NFC North

DAL vs CHI
31-17

DAL vs GB
30-16

DAL vs MIN
17-15

DAL vs DET
42-21

AFC North

DAL vs CIN
28-14

DAL vs CLE
35-10

DAL vs PITT
35-30

DAL vs BAL
27-17
God bless america!

Kings of the North

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: Kings of the North

Postby mee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:52 pm

And are just 3-2 in the East.
GO GIANTS!

2-0 in all other games.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 pm

mee wrote:And are just 3-2 in the East.
GO GIANTS!

2-0 in all other games.

Maybe third time is the charm? We'll likely be seeing you in the playoffs, unless you fall to Green Bay's hot streak.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:26 pm

RevanFan wrote:
mee wrote:And are just 3-2 in the East.
GO GIANTS!
2-0 in all other games.

Maybe third time is the charm? We'll likely be seeing you in the playoffs, unless you fall to Green Bay's hot streak.

They will fall.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:13 am

Cowboys will be 1 and done.....this will be like every year where Jerry Jones claims to have the all world team but then they flop like always in the playoffs and then the cycle begins in training camp during the summer of mr. hype man jerry jones....Even the minnesota game, against tough D dak is not experienced enough to decode/handle it.....he scraped by minnesota but against playoff defenses like Seattle or the Giants he won't have a chance....stuff zeke elliot and ask Dak to win the game is the game plan for every DC.....and if you got good enough front 4 dak will be thrown around like a sack of potatoes.......

GB is a sloppy team at best, the Giants always have their number and will crush them in a playoff game....that packers defense is a joke, they are ranked 9th in the run and 20th overall while the Giants are ranked 7th in the run and 11th overall (for those who want sources just google and the first result is cbssports.com)..... there is a huge difference between 20th overall and 11th overall....that means the packers pass defense is not very good plain and simple....

Aaron Rodgers is nothing but a peyton manning ...overrated regular season stat machine but playoffs crumbles easier than a cheddar cheese potato chip XD......ppl will defend his playoff record blah blah but I still maintain he's overrated yes he's better than Eli in some respects but he's not clutch when it counts (cue 2015 nfc champ game meltdown which is not his fault entirely but still as the qb you're the guy counted on to make clutch plays and close out wins)....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:30 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Cowboys will be 1 and done.....this will be like every year where Jerry Jones claims to have the all world team but then they flop like always in the playoffs and then the cycle begins in training camp during the summer of mr. hype man jerry jones....Even the minnesota game, against tough D dak is not experienced enough to decode/handle it.....he scraped by minnesota but against playoff defenses like Seattle or the Giants he won't have a chance....stuff zeke elliot and ask Dak to win the game is the game plan for every DC.....and if you got good enough front 4 dak will be thrown around like a sack of potatoes.......

GB is a sloppy team at best, the Giants always have their number and will crush them in a playoff game....that packers defense is a joke, they are ranked 9th in the run and 20th overall while the Giants are ranked 7th in the run and 11th overall (for those who want sources just google and the first result is cbssports.com)..... there is a huge difference between 20th overall and 11th overall....that means the packers pass defense is not very good plain and simple....

Aaron Rodgers is nothing but a peyton manning ...overrated regular season stat machine but playoffs crumbles easier than a cheddar cheese potato chip XD......ppl will defend his playoff record blah blah but I still maintain he's overrated yes he's better than Eli in some respects but he's not clutch when it counts (cue 2015 nfc champ game meltdown which is not his fault entirely but still as the qb you're the guy counted on to make clutch plays and close out wins)....

Don't underestimate us. The only team that hasn't underestimated us is the New York Giants. Our line is clearly the best in the league, even if they're not perfect, and Dak has been reading defenses far better than most rookies ever since, say, week 3. I didn't really want to admit it because of how much I love Tony Romo, but the dude's for real. We'll at least win in the Divisional round, though if we get the Giants or Packers, it will be a tough game. Then I truly believe we can beat Seattle. New England... ugh... I have hope, but they are the best team in the last two decades.
My Cowboys Journal

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:14 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Cowboys will be 1 and done.....this will be like every year where Jerry Jones claims to have the all world team but then they flop like always in the playoffs and then the cycle begins in training camp during the summer of mr. hype man jerry jones....Even the minnesota game, against tough D dak is not experienced enough to decode/handle it.....he scraped by minnesota but against playoff defenses like Seattle or the Giants he won't have a chance....stuff zeke elliot and ask Dak to win the game is the game plan for every DC.....and if you got good enough front 4 dak will be thrown around like a sack of potatoes.......

Don't underestimate us. The only team that hasn't underestimated us is the New York Giants. Our line is clearly the best in the league, even if they're not perfect, and Dak has been reading defenses far better than most rookies ever since, say, week 3. I didn't really want to admit it because of how much I love Tony Romo, but the dude's for real. We'll at least win in the Divisional round, though if we get the Giants or Packers, it will be a tough game. Then I truly believe we can beat Seattle. New England... ugh... I have hope, but they are the best team in the last two decades.

Beat Seattle....I have to disagree.....if you stop Dez bryant and zeke, that offense has nothing to scare anyone with......jason witten even though he's good still doesn't scare defenses anymore like he used to a few years ago with his tony gonazalez type run after catch ability. Seattle has really good wr's that are fairly consistent....maybe not wow players but solid ones non the less....a great TE in Jimmy Graham and a spectacular defense which can man up on the opponent's star players.....allowing the defense to be ultra aggressive....I think the cowboys will fail against the first opponent they face just b/c rookies tend not to do so well when the pressure is on....it may be a stepping stone like ben roethlisberger who lost the afc championship his rookie year after a stellar reg season but went on to get better and win in the playoffs several years running.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:41 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Beat Seattle....I have to disagree.....if you stop Dez bryant and zeke, that offense has nothing to scare anyone with......jason witten even though he's good still doesn't scare defenses anymore like he used to a few years ago with his tony gonazalez type run after catch ability. Seattle has really good wr's that are fairly consistent....maybe not wow players but solid ones non the less....a great TE in Jimmy Graham and a spectacular defense which can man up on the opponent's star players.....allowing the defense to be ultra aggressive....I think the cowboys will fail against the first opponent they face just b/c rookies tend not to do so well when the pressure is on....it may be a stepping stone like ben roethlisberger who lost the afc championship his rookie year after a stellar reg season but went on to get better and win in the playoffs several years running.....

The pressure has been on all year. They play in Dallas, second only to New York in media scrutiny. When the pressure was on to lock up a playoff spot, we did it. When the pressure was on to lock up the division, we did it (although one game later than we could have). When the pressure was on to clinch the #1 seed, we did it. When the pressure was on because Tony Romo was getting healthy, Dak played lights out and made it so they couldn't take him out of the lineup. When defenses load the box to stop Zeke, Dak throws all over the defense. When the defensive plays pass, Elliott rips through them like paper. This team is loaded.

Also, Seattle has not been good lately. Not at all. I think they will get better come playoffs (they always do), but they have been bad lately.
My Cowboys Journal

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:34 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:GB is a sloppy team at best, the Giants always have their number and will crush them in a playoff game....that packers defense is a joke, they are ranked 9th in the run and 20th overall while the Giants are ranked 7th in the run and 11th overall (for those who want sources just google and the first result is cbssports.com)..... there is a huge difference between 20th overall and 11th overall....that means the packers pass defense is not very good plain and simple....

The Packers defense is crap. Their offense can beat anybody if the O-line continues to play as it has during their win streak.

I won't be surprised if the Giants win again in Lambeau. Mike McCarthy gets outcoached every offseason, and Ben McAdoo knows that offense and Aaron Rodgers as well as anybody. But Rodgers is as hot as he's ever been; 71.4 comp %, 11 td, 0 int, 9.86 yds/att, 119.8 qb rating during the win streak. The yards per attempt is the most telling stat there. The Packers aren't just dinking and dunking as they had to do last year and much of this year. They're beating teams over the top again. If that continues, the Packers can beat any team in this League.

ultimatum77 wrote:Aaron Rodgers is nothing but a peyton manning ...overrated regular season stat machine but playoffs crumbles easier than a cheddar cheese potato chip XD......ppl will defend his playoff record blah blah but I still maintain he's overrated yes he's better than Eli in some respects but he's not clutch when it counts (cue 2015 nfc champ game meltdown which is not his fault entirely but still as the qb you're the guy counted on to make clutch plays and close out wins)....

You maintain he's overrated based on what?

The NFCC Game.. where Rodgers had given his team a double-digit lead for 56 minutes of that game? Can you name another team to blow a double digit lead with under 5 minutes in a Championship game? C'mon!!

And yes, I think his QB rating says alot.

Rodgers was the highest rated post-season passer of all-time prior to the loss to the Cardinals last year.

Think about this;

If Rodgers career ended TODAY, only 1 Hall of Fame QB would have a higher post-season QB rating (Bart Starr)

In the post-season, Rodgers had been better than any great that can be named; Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Steve Young, Brett Favre, John Elway, Dan Marino, Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach..

So how is he not a great post-season passer? His team on the other hand is hot garbage. They routinely tank and they've slowly become worse and worse since winning it all in 2010. THAT is why the Packers haven't won more hardware. Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest QBs to ever strap on a helmet. He's not the reason the Packers lose in January.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:54 am

AaronS wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:GB is a sloppy team at best, the Giants always have their number and will crush them in a playoff game....that packers defense is a joke, they are ranked 9th in the run and 20th overall while the Giants are ranked 7th in the run and 11th overall (for those who want sources just google and the first result is cbssports.com)..... there is a huge difference between 20th overall and 11th overall....that means the packers pass defense is not very good plain and simple....

The Packers defense is crap. Their offense can beat anybody if the O-line continues to play as it has during their win streak.

I won't be surprised if the Giants win again in Lambeau. Mike McCarthy gets outcoached every offseason, and Ben McAdoo knows that offense and Aaron Rodgers as well as anybody. But Rodgers is as hot as he's ever been; 71.4 comp %, 11 td, 0 int, 9.86 yds/att, 119.8 qb rating during the win streak. The yards per attempt is the most telling stat there. The Packers aren't just dinking and dunking as they had to do last year and much of this year. They're beating teams over the top again. If that continues, the Packers can beat any team in this League.

ultimatum77 wrote:Aaron Rodgers is nothing but a peyton manning ...overrated regular season stat machine but playoffs crumbles easier than a cheddar cheese potato chip XD......ppl will defend his playoff record blah blah but I still maintain he's overrated yes he's better than Eli in some respects but he's not clutch when it counts (cue 2015 nfc champ game meltdown which is not his fault entirely but still as the qb you're the guy counted on to make clutch plays and close out wins)....

You maintain he's overrated based on what?

The NFCC Game.. where Rodgers had given his team a double-digit lead for 56 minutes of that game? Can you name another team to blow a double digit lead with under 5 minutes in a Championship game? C'mon!!

And yes, I think his QB rating says alot.

Rodgers was the highest rated post-season passer of all-time prior to the loss to the Cardinals last year.

Think about this;

If Rodgers career ended TODAY, only 1 Hall of Fame QB would have a higher post-season QB rating (Bart Starr)

In the post-season, Rodgers had been better than any great that can be named; Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Steve Young, Brett Favre, John Elway, Dan Marino, Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach..

So how is he not a great post-season passer? His team on the other hand is hot garbage. They routinely tank and they've slowly become worse and worse since winning it all in 2010. THAT is why the Packers haven't won more hardware. Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest QBs to ever strap on a helmet. He's not the reason the Packers lose in January.

Fair enough lol, but I still think he gets too much MVP talk just because of his stats....I still think he's a good quarterback but I think the media just fawn over him way too much....and he's only won 1 superbowl.....yes his teams may have sucked around him but I still think in the post season he mostly fades compared to his regular season play. It may just be me, his numbers are solid I will agree but I think his play level dips in the post season maybe due to nerves or what not? B/c he holds onto the ball really long for deep routes to develop, he at least 1-2 times in the postseason falls victim to strip/sacks esp if the opp defense has a good front 4 that crowds rogers feet he will throw up jump balls or get his arm wacked for a fumble....
In general all I'm saying is his play in the postseason seems to be more erratic than in the regular season where he seems to be in the flow of the offense/slinging it everywhere....it's like he gets tight or something when the post season comes around....

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”