Kings of the North

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Kings of the North

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:57 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Don't underestimate us. The only team that hasn't underestimated us is the New York Giants. Our line is clearly the best in the league, even if they're not perfect, and Dak has been reading defenses far better than most rookies ever since, say, week 3. I didn't really want to admit it because of how much I love Tony Romo, but the dude's for real. We'll at least win in the Divisional round, though if we get the Giants or Packers, it will be a tough game. Then I truly believe we can beat Seattle. New England... ugh... I have hope, but they are the best team in the last two decades.

Beat Seattle....I have to disagree.....if you stop Dez bryant and zeke, that offense has nothing to scare anyone with......jason witten even though he's good still doesn't scare defenses anymore like he used to a few years ago with his tony gonazalez type run after catch ability. Seattle has really good wr's that are fairly consistent....maybe not wow players but solid ones non the less....a great TE in Jimmy Graham and a spectacular defense which can man up on the opponent's star players.....allowing the defense to be ultra aggressive....I think the cowboys will fail against the first opponent they face just b/c rookies tend not to do so well when the pressure is on....it may be a stepping stone like ben roethlisberger who lost the afc championship his rookie year after a stellar reg season but went on to get better and win in the playoffs several years running.....

The pressure has been on all year. They play in Dallas, second only to New York in media scrutiny. When the pressure was on to lock up a playoff spot, we did it. When the pressure was on to lock up the division, we did it (although one game later than we could have). When the pressure was on to clinch the #1 seed, we did it. When the pressure was on because Tony Romo was getting healthy, Dak played lights out and made it so they couldn't take him out of the lineup. When defenses load the box to stop Zeke, Dak throws all over the defense. When the defensive plays pass, Elliott rips through them like paper. This team is loaded.

Also, Seattle has not been good lately. Not at all. I think they will get better come playoffs (they always do), but they have been bad lately.

Dak may want to get some advice from Romo not to go to mexico with his gf like Romo did a few years ago with Jess Simpson.... :lol: use that bye week to prep hahaha instead of knocking back shots of tequila in mexico.... 8-)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:23 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Fair enough lol, but I still think he gets too much MVP talk just because of his stats...

Is there a more valuable player for any team? The Packers would struggle to win 4 games without Rodgers. That may even be generous.

Rodgers should be the runaway MVP this season, IMO. Brady was great, so was Matt Ryan, but those teams would be far better more competitive than the Packers would be if Rodgers went down.

ultimatum77 wrote:I still think he's a good quarterback but I think the media just fawn over him way too much....and he's only won 1 superbowl.....yes his teams may have sucked around him but I still think in the post season he mostly fades compared to his regular season play.

The year Rodgers Packers won the Super Bowl, they had a top 5 defense. I believe they were #2 in scoring D, and #1 in takeaways. Its no coincidence they won a Title that year.

The D has been average or worse since then. Even the talent on offense is sliding, as we've seen the last 2 years.

As for regular season V post season; that can be said of every QB.

Rodgers regular season rating: 104.1 | Post season 98.2.. that's not a horrible dropoff.

Look at some of his Super Bowl winning peers;

Brady 97.2 | 88.0
Manning 96.5 | 87.4
Big Ben 94.1 | 84.6

People talk about Brett Favre tanking in big games... His career rating was 86.0.. his Playoff rating was 86.3.. so on average he was right there with Tom Brady and the greats of this era... Rodgers is 10 points higher than all of them, and as of last year, he was the all-time highest rated QB.

ultimatum77 wrote:he holds onto the ball really long for deep routes to develop, he at least 1-2 times in the postseason falls victim to strip/sacks esp if the opp defense has a good front 4 that crowds rogers feet he will throw up jump balls or get his arm wacked for a fumble....

I think he should throw the ball away more.. but I look at that the same way I saw many of Brett Favre's INTs. Yes, drives get submarined, but more often than not, good things happen. I can live with Rodgers taking a bad sack here and there beacuse he is lethal on the move and out of the pocket and it seems to generate big plays in every game.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:51 pm

AaronS wrote:Is there a more valuable player for any team? The Packers would struggle to win 4 games without Rodgers. That may even be generous.

Rodgers should be the runaway MVP this season, IMO. Brady was great, so was Matt Ryan, but those teams would be far better more competitive than the Packers would be if Rodgers went down.

Really? That's the bar?
Take OBJ off the Giants and they don't score a single point all season on offense. So he's an 11 win player?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:31 pm

mee wrote:Take OBJ off the Giants and they don't score a single point all season on offense. So he's an 11 win player?

26th in scoring, 25th in yards... WITH Beckham.

The Giants defense carried them. 2nd overall, 10th in yards, 3rd against the rush, 11th in takeaways.

I'd give Landon Collins an MVP vote before Beckham.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:41 pm

AaronS wrote:
mee wrote:Take OBJ off the Giants and they don't score a single point all season on offense. So he's an 11 win player?

26th in scoring, 25th in yards... WITH Beckham.

The Giants defense carried them. 2nd overall, 10th in yards, 3rd against the rush, 11th in takeaways.

I'd give Landon Collins an MVP vote before Beckham.

Yea I have to agree with AaronS on this one....that offense while good was not the reason the Giants won late in games or closed out close wins...it was the defense and particularly the stellar play of landon collins and janoris jenkins they kept opposing star wr's in check late in games and I'd give the whole defense the reason why the giants have a good winning record......the offense is good but that defense was great this year in the reg season....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:11 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Dak may want to get some advice from Romo not to go to mexico with his gf like Romo did a few years ago with Jess Simpson.... :lol: use that bye week to prep hahaha instead of knocking back shots of tequila in mexico.... 8-)

I wish my life choices involved whether or not to party in Mexico with Jessica Simpson.............

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:51 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Yea I have to agree with AaronS on this one....that offense while good was not the reason the Giants won late in games or closed out close wins...it was the defense and particularly the stellar play of landon collins and janoris jenkins they kept opposing star wr's in check late in games and I'd give the whole defense the reason why the giants have a good winning record......the offense is good but that defense was great this year in the reg season....

Of course. But take OBJ off the offense the Giants score ZERO points offensively..No matter how good the d is, you need to score points!
So the Giants traded Beckham....

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:17 pm

AaronS wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Dak may want to get some advice from Romo not to go to mexico with his gf like Romo did a few years ago with Jess Simpson.... :lol: use that bye week to prep hahaha instead of knocking back shots of tequila in mexico.... 8-)

I wish my life choices involved whether or not to party in Mexico with Jessica Simpson.............

Lol good answer! XD

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:22 pm

mee wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Yea I have to agree with AaronS on this one....that offense while good was not the reason the Giants won late in games or closed out close wins...it was the defense and particularly the stellar play of landon collins and janoris jenkins they kept opposing star wr's in check late in games and I'd give the whole defense the reason why the giants have a good winning record......the offense is good but that defense was great this year in the reg season....

Of course. But take OBJ off the offense the Giants score ZERO points offensively..No matter how good the d is, you need to score points!

True he's what makes that offense have a chance in the 4th quarter with his clutch catches....I'm glad the Giants selected him with their draft pick, his contemporary's like sammy watkins and kelvin benjamin aren't as good as he is....

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”