Romo who?

User avatar
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:28 am

Re: Romo who?

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:27 pm

elguapo wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Here's an article I didn't expect to see.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dall ... ilm-110116


That writer sounds like a Romo lover. He states all the things Romo would have done to avoid the interception in the endzone. Then he goes on to say that Dak can't make those rookie mistakes in the endzone. I don't know if he writer is aware that Dak is a rookie and that he will make rookie mistakes.

Now what the writer fails to mention is that Romo has been in the league for 14 years and he still throws interceptions like he was a rookie. I don't ever want to see Romo under center as I feel he has been the reason why we haven't done better than 8-8 on average since he's been the starting QB.


Lol you are the rare cowboys fan that I have met who doesn't like Romo, most will go insane defending him if you dog on him especially being a cowboys fan...But man you're speaking the truth. In clutch moments Romo is more likely to throw an interception than a completion. Stick with Dak so that the cowboys can hang with an overall improving NFC East. Yea this may be one of the worst divisions compared to NFC West and NFC North but a lot of young qb's in this division (aside from Eli) and the overall teams are improving every year in general. I predicted Dak would go 4-2 as a starter but he even outdid that going 6-1 that's impressive....it's time to say so long Romo send him to the browns for a 2nd or 3rd round pick and embrace the future in Dak. Jerry Jones would be a complete idiot to stop the team for Tony -Oh no- I got injured romo (oh no rhymes with romo so well and accurately tells of when he throws interceptions or gets injured the fans go "oh no!" so no more tony oh no! Even if every week Dak has to bring the cowboys back....he's a rookie cut him some slack...afterall he's better than romo with a non-injured back! .......Man im on a roll ;)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Re: Romo who?

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
JSamuel
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:39 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Romo who?

Postby JSamuel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:30 pm

I bet Tony Romo will just get injured again, then Dak Prescott will get to play anyway.
Image

User avatar
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:28 am

Re: Romo who?

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:36 pm

JSamuel wrote:I bet Tony Romo will just get injured again, then Dak Prescott will get to play anyway.


Tony romo will be relegated to bench duty until week 15 or 16 by which time he will play as insurance to keep the starter Dak fresh/safe for the playoffs. Also if need be and dak fails in the first half of a playoff game then Tony can also come back in the 2nd half and try to do mop up duty.....but either way he won't play until week 15 or later imo.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

User avatar
AaronS
MVP
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: Romo who?

Postby AaronS » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:27 pm

elguapo wrote:That writer sounds like a Romo lover. He states all the things Romo would have done to avoid the interception in the endzone. Then he goes on to say that Dak can't make those rookie mistakes in the endzone. I don't know if he writer is aware that Dak is a rookie and that he will make rookie mistakes.

Now what the writer fails to mention is that Romo has been in the league for 14 years and he still throws interceptions like he was a rookie. I don't ever want to see Romo under center as I feel he has been the reason why we haven't done better than 8-8 on average since he's been the starting QB.


And you're CLEARLY a Romo hater.

Defense has been the Cowboys problem. They've been average or FAR worse. That's the reason they've been stuck as also-rans.

2015 - record; 4-12 (Romo was 3-1 as the Cowboys starting QB. 3 other QBs managed just 1 win)
2015 Offense - 22nd points, 31st yards
2015 Defense - 16th points allowed, 17th yards allowed

2014 - 12-4
2014 O - 5th points, 7th yards
2014 D - 15th points allowed, 19th yards allowed

2013 - 8-8
2013 O - 5th, 16th
2013 D - 26th, DEAD LAST

2012 - 8-8
2012 O - 15th, 6th
2012 D - 24th, 19th

2011 - 8-8
2011 O - 15th, 11th
2011 D - 16th, 14th

2010 - 6-10
2010 O - 7th, 7th
2010 D - 31st, 23rd

2009 (11-5) is the ONLY season in Romo's career in which the Cowboys have had a top 10 D (2nd) For the most part, the offense has been top-10. S how can he be the problem if his unit is having success and the other unit is failing?
Image
Image

User avatar
elguapo
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2227
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Romo who?

Postby elguapo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:03 am

AaronS wrote:And you're CLEARLY a Romo hater.

Here is where most typical Romo lovers fall in line and where they are also Cowboys haters.

1. Most Romo lovers blamed the O-line for his poor performance.

2. Most Romo lovers blamed the D-line for his poor performance.

3. Most Romo lovers blamed the coach for his poor performance.

4. Most Romo lovers blamed Jerry Jones for his poor performance.

I don't know but Romo lovers are throwing an entire organization under the bus and they call Romo haters Cowboys haters? I think they need to look in the mirror a little more deeper.

So you keep bringing up stats and I'm still confused whether you are in favor of Romo or not. Every stat you've brought up has proven my point.

So lets say Romo has never had a top 10 defensen, offense or top ten anything. Does being in the top ten guarantee success when your QB keeps giving it to your opponent? I would think it would be demoralizing when you do your best and your start QB keeps giving it away thus you don't play as hard to be on the top ten.

But who cares about statistics, there are there for information only. No one cares about them. The only statistic that matters is the win column. Don't believe me?

"Just win baby" - Al Davis
Not good enough for you? How about a quote from the coach that the Super Bowl trophy is named after.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing" - Vince Lombardi
Now I know you're familiar with him. I have never seen quotes like...
"Just win with stats baby" or "Winning isn't everything, winning with stats is the only thing"

User avatar
NickyJ
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Romo who?

Postby NickyJ » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Elguapo, the problem with your line of logic is that in your view, wins depend only on the quarterback, and that even if the entire team is awful, it's the QBs fault for it. And by the opposite, if the QB is awful but the team wins, the QB is still given all the credit because only wins matter when comparing QBs.

Would you rather that Denver got Peyton Manning to un-retire and play in Dallas over both Romo and Dak? Denver had to win the Super Bowl last year in spite of his turning the ball over twice as many times as he scored. Following your methodology, however, the only statistic that matters is that "Denver won, baby" and that the entire body of work of the rest of the team doesn't matter; only the QB's does. Manning has won more Super Bowls than Dak and Romo combined, so going purely off of the wins - which you say is the only stat that matters - he should be the unquestioned starter. The only way you reject Manning is if you say that there is something else, something that is more important than a statistic that lists the number of games he has won.

If you take this to mean I think Romo should start, you are severely mistaken. I do believe Dak should start. But I believe that there are more legitimate reasons to it than saying that 'Most people who think Romo isn't a raging dumpster-fire hate Dallas.'
Image

User avatar
AaronS
MVP
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: Romo who?

Postby AaronS » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:05 pm

elguapo wrote:So you keep bringing up stats and I'm still confused whether you are in favor of Romo or not.


As a Packers fan, the Cowboys were pretty much my least favorite team. They've been irrelevant for so long, it's hard to dislike them at this point.

But I absolutely believe Romo gets trashed without good reason. IMO, he's Non-MVP Brett Favre (1999-2009) a VERY good QB who does more to help your Super Bowl chances than hurt them, but in and of himself, he's not going to get you to Super Bowls.

elguapo wrote:So lets say Romo has never had a top 10 defensen, offense or top ten anything. Does being in the top ten guarantee success when your QB keeps giving it to your opponent? I would think it would be demoralizing when you do your best and your start QB keeps giving it away thus you don't play as hard to be on the top ten.


Why do the Patriots keep going to Super Bowls? Brady? NO. Because they continually win on both sides of the ball.

Early on they had a top defense and 10-ish rated offenses. Now, that's flipped, they kill it on offense, and while the D isn't quite what it was, they're well above average.

There are VERY few teams in the history of this League that have won Championships with weak offenses or defenses.

Romo certainly hasn't had the luxury of playing with a great defense. His unit has always been rock solid while his defense does nothing but let him down.

elguapo wrote:Does being in the top ten guarantee success when your QB keeps giving it to your opponent?


Tony Romo career percentage of passes intercepted; 2.7

QB with a similar INT% (all of which are, or likely will be HOF'rs)

Drew Brees - 2.5
Joe Montana - 2.6
Steve Young - 2.6
Peyton Manning - 2.7
Ben Roethlisberger - 2.7
Troy Aikman - 3.0
Dan Marino - 3.0
John Elway - 3.1
Brett Favre - 3.3

Boy that Joe Montana sure did give it to the other team a lot didn't he?

And that Troy Aikman! How did those Cowboys win 3 Titles with Aikman giving it away all the time.......

You're grossly exaggerating how many interceptions Romo has thrown.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are the only active QBs UNDER 2%.

elguapo wrote:But who cares about statistics, there are there for information only. No one cares about them.


Stats are the best way to compare individual players.

If they're so meaningless, why keep them?
Image
Image

User avatar
elguapo
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2227
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Romo who?

Postby elguapo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:44 pm

NickyJ wrote:Elguapo, the problem with your line of logic is that in your view, wins depend only on the quarterback, and that even if the entire team is awful, it's the QBs fault for it. And by the opposite, if the QB is awful but the team wins, the QB is still given all the credit because only wins matter when comparing QBs.

Would you rather that Denver got Peyton Manning to un-retire and play in Dallas over both Romo and Dak? Denver had to win the Super Bowl last year in spite of his turning the ball over twice as many times as he scored. Following your methodology, however, the only statistic that matters is that "Denver won, baby" and that the entire body of work of the rest of the team doesn't matter; only the QB's does. Manning has won more Super Bowls than Dak and Romo combined, so going purely off of the wins - which you say is the only stat that matters - he should be the unquestioned starter. The only way you reject Manning is if you say that there is something else, something that is more important than a statistic that lists the number of games he has won.

If you take this to mean I think Romo should start, you are severely mistaken. I do believe Dak should start. But I believe that there are more legitimate reasons to it than saying that 'Most people who think Romo isn't a raging dumpster-fire hate Dallas.'



The QB is the leader of the team and the only reason you don't compare Manning with Romo is because Manning has won two Super Bowls even tho he had twice as many INTs over touchdowns according to you. So yeah, just win baby and people will overlook your bad statistcs.

User avatar
elguapo
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2227
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Romo who?

Postby elguapo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:53 pm

AaronS wrote:Boy that Joe Montana sure did give it to the other team a lot didn't he?

And that Troy Aikman! How did those Cowboys win 3 Titles with Aikman giving it away all the time.......

You're grossly exaggerating how many interceptions Romo has thrown.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are the only active QBs UNDER 2%.



You're assuming that Romo's carreer is over when comparing INTs to touchdowns. According to experts Romo has a few more years to surpass Montana and Aikman.

Now all those QBs you listed have had a tougher schedule in their careers so naturally their INTs to touchdowns would be higher than Romo's since Romo has had a much softer schedule throughtout his carrer. So if you think about it, Romo's INT to touchdown ratio is too high for a QB that has played a much softer schedule throught his career.

snoman909
Rookie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:03 am

Re: Romo who?

Postby snoman909 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:38 am

Im a die hard cowboy fan since 1977 and I am tired of watching romo choke in the big game . The GB game is what did it for me . move along romo we got a real QB now


Return to “Dallas Cowboys”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest