Romo who?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Romo who?

Postby elguapo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:07 pm

If the cowboys win the division with two or three games to go and sanchez takes over instead of romo. You will know that romo is in trade talks or he has been traded.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:17 pm

elguapo wrote:If the cowboys win the division with two or three games to go and sanchez takes over instead of romo. You will know that romo is in trade talks or he has been traded.

He can't be traded. Trade deadline is a thing.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Keep an eye on it.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:30 pm

1312qohelet wrote:Whom ever expects Romo to be a QB for 2-3 years, maybe make a run or two in that time frame, will be sorely disappointed.
Disappointed, not because of lack of ability/talent/
Disappointed, due to the high percentage of games he will miss.
Dude can not stay on the field.

I think he's in the exact same situation as Peyton Manning.

If he's cut, Romo will basically be on a year-to-year type of deal. If the first year goes bad, it's pretty much over for him. Any team that picks him up better have a competent #2 in place, as Denver did.

... his contract situation really puts Dallas in a bind. The cap hit to trade Romo next year is $19.6mil. To keep him, the Cowboys would be out $24.7mil. That is BRUTAL!!

He's owed $14mil for 2017, $19.5mil for 2018 and $20.5mil in 2019. NONE of which would be guaranteed if he were traded. Despite the cap implications, I think a trade could work out. That $14mil is a bargain given the contracts being handed to QBs nowadays. I think that makes Romo alot less of a risk. If Romo can't stay on the field, you move on without much invested. Ryan Fitzpatrick got $12mil this season, for goodness sake! He's not even 1/3 of the QB Romo has been in his career!

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:01 pm

AaronS wrote:I'd like to see Romo in Denver.. not sure Elway goes there though with two solid young QBs on his roster.

.. Washington would be an interesting landing spot. :lol:

No way he goes to Washington. Kirk's going to get his contract, otherwise we go for a cheap replacement and wait for a QB in the draft. Romo to Denver would be interesting, but I'd only expect that if they thought their Super Bowl window was closing fast and needed a quick fix. Otherwise, it would be a sure to way to show they have no faith in Paxton Lynch's future.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Today, Jerry Jones said, "I have no plans for him not to be part of the Dallas Cowboys. Not a consideration." He thinks there's a chance Romo finished his contract in Dallas.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:25 am

RevanFan wrote:Today, Jerry Jones said, "I have no plans for him not to be part of the Dallas Cowboys. Not a consideration." He thinks there's a chance Romo finished his contract in Dallas.

Maybe if romo likes collecting almost 18-20mill per year but I think interested teams will give Jones at least 1-2 draft picks in exchange for Tony Romo probably a 1st and 3rd if teams like the browns are desperate or maybe 2nd and 4th round pick if parties like the jets or bears are involved....

My guess is that Chicago or the Jets land Romo most likely the jets b/c Romo would want good receivers and outside of Alshon Jeffery in Chicago they are an offensive desert compared to Decker/Marshall in NY if they actually had a decent qb like Romo and not the so called "fitz-magic" which they were smart to play hardball with this offseason b/c he's stunk bad this year and they would have locked up good money on a bum player......Romo is worth the risk.....if the O-line protects him and he has an average rb to stay on a balanced attack he could fit that type of system very well especially denver but I think they will move forward with Lynch and eventually Siemian will be benched not for his lack of game management but b/c he doesn't throw deep balls which is what is needed in shootouts with good offensive teams.....Yes the broncos have a good record but b/c of their defense not offense......they barely beat the saints lol.....thanks to their defense and special teams they did.....They may not bench Siemian this season but definately next if Paxton shows promise in OTA's.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”