NY or NJ

RevanFan
Legend

Re: NY or NJ

Postby RevanFan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:41 pm

mee wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Simply because New York is the central city. If you consider the CSA, it is the New York-Newark, NY-NJ-CT-PA Combined Statistical Area. Just because it is named after the central city doesn't mean it counts as being in the state. If you look at state boundaries, it clearly doesn't.

Well i guess i cant argue state border because its in NJ. So lets argue fan base here is a comment by you...
RevanFan wrote:Not bad. There's a surprisingly high number of Cowboys fans living around where I live. It's still almost entirely Giants fans, but there's more Cowboys fans than you'd think. Jets fans are almost nonexistent, though, and I live not far from New York City. Says a lot about the state of their franchise. Or maybe they're just in hiding and not talking about their team?

I bolded my point, if its a Giants town and a Giants state (as a whole) then they are a NY team.

The Cowboys have a very large number of fans in many states that do not have football teams, and many counties in states that do, such is where they have training camp in California. Does that make them a California team? Almost everyone northeast of New York State is a Patriots fan. Does that mean the Patriots are a Maine team? Or a Vermont team? They play in Massachusetts, so they are that state's team. The Giants and Jets used to be New York teams. They no longer are. If they ever move back to New York State, they'll be New York teams again.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:45 pm

RevanFan wrote:The Cowboys have a very large number of fans in many states that do not have football teams, and many counties in states that do, such is where they have training camp in California. Does that make them a California team? Almost everyone northeast of New York State is a Patriots fan. Does that mean the Patriots are a Maine team? Or a Vermont team? They play in Massachusetts, so they are that state's team. The Giants and Jets used to be New York teams. They no longer are. If they ever move back to New York State, they'll be New York teams again.

The Boys are AMERICAS TEAM- so they have fans everywhere, the Pats are a NEW ENGLAND team so they have fans in Maine. The Giants are a NEW YORK TEAM so they have fans in NY team.
Anyways I guess our disagreement is simply can a team have multiple states.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:49 pm

mee wrote:
RevanFan wrote:The Cowboys have a very large number of fans in many states that do not have football teams, and many counties in states that do, such is where they have training camp in California. Does that make them a California team? Almost everyone northeast of New York State is a Patriots fan. Does that mean the Patriots are a Maine team? Or a Vermont team? They play in Massachusetts, so they are that state's team. The Giants and Jets used to be New York teams. They no longer are. If they ever move back to New York State, they'll be New York teams again.

The Boys are AMERICAS TEAM- so they have fans everywhere, the Pats are a NEW ENGLAND team so they have fans in Maine. The Giants are a NEW YORK TEAM so they have fans in NY team.
Anyways I guess our disagreement is simply can a team have multiple states.

That is what it boils down to. I say their state is the state in which they play. However, if they have a large fanbase in another state, that state could be considered a secondary state. The Jets and Giants are New Jersey teams. The Giants' secondary state is New York. The Jets don't have a secondary state, but Cortland County likes them.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:51 pm

RevanFan wrote:That is what it boils down to. I say their state is the state in which they play. However, if they have a large fanbase in another state, that state could be considered a secondary state. The Jets and Giants are New Jersey teams. The Giants' secondary state is New York. The Jets don't have a secondary state, but Cortland County likes them.

Yeah but six years ago my Nassau County was full of Jet fans now Giants town with ALOT less football fans..... And a few Boys fans. Gee i feel like i am hopping between two threads...

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:50 pm

In MADDEN 1992 they have the Jets listed as

NEW JERSEY JETS.

I do not ever recall the team being refered to as NEW JERSEY or at least printed as NEW JERSEY in PRESS..
Attachments
MADDEN 92.jpg
MADDEN 92.jpg (80.45 KiB) Viewed 3157 times

TheGlitch
Pro Bowl

Postby TheGlitch » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Randall12 wrote:In MADDEN 1992 they have the Jets listed as

NEW JERSEY JETS.

I do not ever recall the team being refered to as NEW JERSEY or at least printed as NEW JERSEY in PRESS..

EA didn't have the licenses for real team names or players that year.

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Oh so it's most likely Just Colors and City names ?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:23 pm

TheGlitch wrote:EA didn't have the licenses for real team names or players that year.

Then why do they have Buffalo Bills?

TheGlitch
Pro Bowl

Postby TheGlitch » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:42 am

Randall12 wrote:Oh so it's most likely Just Colors and City names ?

Bingo.

mee wrote:
TheGlitch wrote:EA didn't have the licenses for real team names or players that year.

Then why do they have Buffalo Bills?

It's just BUFFALO, no team nickname. They went with NEW JERSEY so that we could tell the difference between the "Jets" and the "Giants" during gameplay, and on the stat lines.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:02 am

As a giants fan, I can't believe we're still arguing on this topic lol.... guys its just some stupid teams in some states. My statement in the earlier thread shows that both teams don't play in their "home" areas.... NY Giants play in NJ and Cowboys play in Arlington (not the heart of dallas)....big whoop :) I think both teams fanbases should just accept this fact and move on...as for cowboys fans self declaration as "America's team" since when has America been just composed of Texas? Not everyone in America loves the cowboys and I would argue that slogan is lamer than crying about the NY Giants playing in NJ but that's just my opinion.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “New York Giants”