Super Bowl XLVI; A Father's Pride and Joy!

Reaper
Veteran

Postby Reaper » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm

I've been blessed in life to have two wonderful sons, Louie is 6 years old and Evan is 3 months old just born on October 27th and six weeks early. Evan spent ten days in the NICU and excelled so well that they released him weighing under five pounds (4 pounds 7 ounces). We started off Super Bowl Sunday by just spending time with one another joking around, watching movies and playing Wii. My wife made us popcorn and chocolate chip cookies so we had our goodies but I couldn't eat lunch or dinner because my stomach was in knots being so worried about the outcome of Super Bowl XLVI.

Kickoff is about to happen and we find our seats on the couch. My wife is feeding Evan and the game begins, first points of the game was a safety thanks to a penalty by Tom Brady giving the Giants a 2-0 lead, next score was a touchdown from Eli Manning to Victor Cruz and my wife starts to salsa with Evan and we are celebrating being up 9-0 now. Louie starts to drift away from the game wanting to go play Wii, Evan is getting tired and is now being put down for a nap as the Patriots score a field goal to make it 9-3. The next score of the game is Tom Brady to Woodhead for a touchdown and the lead at 10-9 headed into the half.

Evan wakes up crying at the start of the halftime show, my wife gets him and returns to the living room where we are watching the game and he is memorized by the flashing lights and starts to kick his feet, guess he enjoyed the show as we did. Second half is about to start and I'm in the zone, my wife puts Evan in his crib while she feeds Louie and the Patriots drive the ball down our throats and take a 17-9 lead after Brady hits Hernandez for a touchdown. I'm now thinking it's over, I'm depressed and feeling like shit when Evan starts to cry. I go get him, calm him down and go back to the living room with Evan. I told him "I don't think the Giants will win this time papi." and he starts to laugh and coo the way only a baby can and it brings my spirit up again because what is most important is my family and our health. Tynes connects on a field goal to cut the lead to 17-12, then hits on another to cut the lead to 17-15 and I'm starting to feel as if the Giants just might pull this out after all.

Time for Evan to eat again so my wife takes over cause she sees me engulfed in this game. Louie returns from playing his games looks at the television and starts to cry. I ask him what's wrong and he says "The Giants are losing, they are suppose to be the champions and champions don't lose daddy, what happened?" OH MY LORD that statement just melted my heart so I do the daddy thing and explain that it is just a game and that the Giants can't win them all and that I loved him and that is all that mattered. He hugs me and sits on my lap all depressed and we stay embraced until Bradshaw scores the touchdown to go up 21-17 and Louie jumps up and says "we are winning now" and we all start going nuts.

My wife goes to put Evan to lay down and I told her "don't you dare move, stay there cause this is a moment every father dreams of" so she sits back down and I grab Louie and hug him again. 57 seconds to go and the Giants are so close to that title again, 4th and 16 and they complete a pass for a first down, my nerves are kicking up again. Tick tock, tick tock the clock is running and the game comes down to the last five seconds and Tom Brady has the ball. I grab Louie with my left hand and embrace him, I ask for my wife to give me Evan in my right arm and I'm holding both my boys. Tom Brady drops back and launches the ball into the end zone, I clutch the boys tighter and the ball hits the ground, game over Giants win Super Bowl XLVI by a score of 21-17 and I start to cry because I just lived what every father dreams of. I got to celebrate a championship sporting event with my sons, I got my oldest to understand the game this year and we were blessed that Evan pulled through his early entrance into the world to be as healthy as he is. My wife Esther took a photo of us right after the game and I will share that with all of you as soon as I download it off the camera. SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS ONCE AGAIN, WHAT A MOMENT IN MY LIFE!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Reaper
Veteran

Re: Super Bowl XLVI; A Father's Pride and Joy!

Postby Reaper » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:32 pm

I wanted to share my writing from last years Super Bowl guys!

PML17
Hall of Fame

Re: Super Bowl XLVI; A Father's Pride and Joy!

Postby PML17 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Cute story, thanks for sharing!
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Return to “New York Giants”