Surprisingly I'm at Peace with it all.

Reaper
Veteran

Postby Reaper » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:13 pm

I was not as heartbroken as I thought I would be. I think being dominated and humiliated for the last two weeks could do that to you. It's a sobering experience. They were seriously over matched and the last two games were over after the first quarter. You could easily see where the game was going which was nowhere for the Giants.

I was so bummed after the Redskins' loss, I had a restless sleep that night and was quite affected by that loss for a week. A tough loss like that could come back to bite you, and I did feel we came to play that day but we ended up losing because of penalties. You know things weren't going your way if you lose a tough game like that and you just gave the other team the momentum and confidence to ride out their season. The Eagles game sucked too and if you could not maintain the lead against the Steelers when it was supposed to be an emotional game, something is really wrong.

Those games were quite defeating. It's just annoying that they show some flash of brilliance and gave us hope they could turn this around (games against the 49ers, Packers and Saints), but it's always one step forward and two steps back. The last two weeks look like 10 steps back. The backs against the wall did not work. After the Eagles game, I did feel that we lost that fourth quarter magic this year. Too many chances to win that game, and they were all squandered. The Redskins game only emphasized it. I think the Cowboys were just such unlucky bunch that they actually came back on us and lost on one little finger that's out of bounds. That game wasn't too encouraging either.

We just don't have the magic this year, we got out-motivated in too many games. That's the only way I can describe it. So here we are and I'm just grateful that we won the Super Bowl last season because that was a magical season one that came out of my wildest dreams. And thinking about 2007 always makes me really proud and happy because that was the most satisfying win I've experienced. And that put things into perspective I cannot trade the last two Super Bowls even against a disappointing year like this. We are not technically out, but I'm certainly prepared for the outcome next week.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NFLVICK7
MVP

Re: Surprisingly I'm at Peace with it all.

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm an eagles fan so you may just shrug this off as being a hater, but I'm also just a fan of football in general and I'm not bias.

The eagles suck this season no doubt bout it. but on to the Giants

I feel their problem this year was their arrogance. Coming off the SB win they have every right to be confident, But it seems like they just felt like they were so much better than everyone. Eli hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been "elite" I have several friends who are Giants fans and all they did was talk about how Eli was the best QB in the NFL because he had two rings. (even went as far as to say he surpassed Peyton) I'll give him his respect. Last year he played at an elite level. But this season he hasn't been the same. He is such a streaky QB and seems to be able to beat Tom Brady. If i was a giants fan I'd be frustrated because I kno he can play at such a high level.

And where has JPP been? Last season it looked like he was well on his way to being the best DE in the NFL. The team just doesn't seem to have that heart and drive they had last year. They seem almost satisfied with what they accomplished. They should be proud, but they shouldn't be satisfied.

The defense has lost its drive, Tuck is at the end of his rope.

I didn't expect the Giants to repeat, but i figured they'd be a 11-5 team and make a good playoff run. They need to get a better running game, and start rebuilding the defense.

But with all that said. They're still better than the Eagles.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

sloppy_fish
MVP

Postby sloppy_fish » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:58 am

Steelers fan -

The Giants have never been a dominating team, they're just one of the teams that get hot at the right moment and just don't spot.

I'm forever grateful for your two victories over the Cheatriots but I don't think Eli Manning is as good as everyone says.

Statistically he's only had one good season? As for the Eagles, everyone from Management down to Desean Jackson is an idiot.

They have a lot of rebuilding to do.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:46 pm

sloppy_fish wrote:Steelers fan -
As for the Eagles, everyone from Management down to Desean Jackson is an idiot.
They have a lot of rebuilding to do.

IKR? Dream Team. More like Nightmare Team. :roll:

Reaper
Veteran

Postby Reaper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:54 pm

The Giants did come out extremely confident and their record showed it for a while. I had projected an 8-8 season once I saw their schedule but while they have played up to certain teams as I said before they also played down to other teams so they deserve to be where they are right now. I honestly do feel as if they felt if they fell behind that last years fourth quarter magic would bail them out this year as well and it was not there! As a fan of the New York Giants I will always remember 2007-2011 as I still remember 1985-1991 but the biggest disappointment has to be the 2008-09 season where the Giants were 11-1, defending Super Bowl Champs and Plaxico Burress shoots himself in the leg dashing all hopes and dreams of a possible back to back Super Bowl victories. Ah the what if's on that season still haunt me but two Super Bowl victories in the last five years has me grateful seeing that some fans are still waiting to celebrate their first Super Bowl Championship.

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Browns fan here.

The Giants haven't been completely awful by any stretch. Just not dominating like they where in last year's run for the title. They do have some signature wins like every year (Packers? 49ers? I don't remember). If we remember they have a very similar regular season record as they did last year its just that this year teams going to playoffs have better records on both sides (no 8-8 teams in the playoffs for the first time in a couple years).

About Eli, he's not playing like he did during last years final run true, but did he play that way the three years between Superbowl runs? We all know about though.
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 pm

I don't believe in true parity as the NFL is concerned. The same select group of teams are dominaing the League, and have for some time (New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Baltimore, Mannings-Colts, ect) And the same teams have been lousy for some time (Cleveland, Detroit, KC, Buffalo, ect)

BUT, I do believe the current system has created more balance among the top teams. The 6 seed can beat the best team and is capable of winning the Super Bowl. That was a rarity in the 80's and 90's.

.. as far as these Giants, their defense is just not that good. 25th in points allowed last year, 27th in yards. They allowed more points than they scored. Shocking they were able to win it all last year. 18th in points, 30th in yards this year. I think this year is a better indication of what they truly are.

Reaper
Veteran

Postby Reaper » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:23 pm

It all has to do with the owners, teams as the Patriots, Packers, Steelers and Giants (few others as well) spend the money on players that fit their system and have the support staff to do well year after year. The Bengals are on an upswing the past two years, the Lions showed hope and the wheels fell off again. The Bills spent too much money on one player when they had multiple holes to fill. The NFL is more about which team gets hot at the right time especially lately as evidence of the Giants twice, Packers a few years ago and even though they did not win the Super Bowl take a look at teams like the Cardinals and Seahawks in the last few years. This year has been exciting no matter what, we can have three rookie QB's in the playoffs, two players with what could have been career threatening injuries in the playoffs and of course what seems to be the norm nowadays, the defending Super Bowl champs not even make the playoffs!

Return to “New York Giants”