First Tie I ever saw

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

First Tie I ever saw

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:34 pm

That game was pretty interesting. The defense turned out to be pretty damn great. T.J. Watt shutdown his side of the LOS, and nearly every running play, Bud Dupree actually looked solid. The D-Line was monstrous yet again. The DBs made great plays most of the time. And James Conner was amazing, 2 TDs (That's 2 more than last year) and 100+ yards (Which is nearly everything he got last season).

Sadly, bad things also happened. Big Ben was still shedding rust. A LOT of rust. Throwing into triple coverage to Brown (Generally not a bad idea unless there are 3 defenders in the area), the Damarious Randall pick was part his fault, part AB's fault. He turned around, but didn't locate the ball. Then Jesse James dropped the ball, that's totally on him. The picks single handedly keep the Browns alive. Ben fumbled after holding the ball for 2 weeks. Conner also fumbled the ball, although that doesn't take away from his great game. Then Myles Garrett came by again, after Pouncey snapped the ball low, and Ben decided to keep going with the play fake anyway. There was no spy on Tyrod for 100% of the ball game, which, considering he's a scrambling QB, was stupid and bad. The defense played as best as it could, but just like Week 5 of the last season, when the offense turns the ball over SO MANY TIMES, it is pretty hard to contain the oppossing offense. Then Chris Boswell uncharacteristically missed a 42 yard game winner, which is mind blowing. He's still clutch. T.J. Watt ended up saving the game by blocking the would-be game winner (Did I ever told you he was a monster? Well, he was). Then ... the game ended in a tie. That's the first time that happened in front of my very eyes.

I hope Ben to have a combination of rust and classic Away Ben, so I expect him to improve. Hopefully that's the only repeat of last year's Week 5 we see of him. Also, the running back department feels safe right now. Conner was great in blitz pickup, safety valve AND awesome as a runner. The defense was great, they performed fantastically despite the offense putting them in a bind.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

First Tie I ever saw

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: First Tie I ever saw

Postby BUS36 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:28 am

First Tie I remember... was when the NFL started OT...Denver 35 Pittsburgh 35 in Denver in 1974
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: First Tie I ever saw

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:04 am

Bengals Eagles 2008. Coincidence I think not.

Return to “Pittsburgh Steelers”