Shazier had no feeling in his legs....

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:52 am

GM Colbert told HC Tomlin ( thru lip reading) that Ray Shazier had no feeling in his legs as they carted him off the field. One possible good sign was that Ray grabbed his back after the hit. It could have been even worse if it was in the neck area. Everyone pray it is only a minor injury and feeling comes back to his legs.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Shazier had no feeling in his legs....

Postby RevanFan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:01 am

BUS36 wrote:GM Colbert told HC Tomlin ( thru lip reading) that Ray Shazier had no feeling in his legs as they carted him off the field. One possible good sign was that Ray grabbed his back after the hit. It could have been even worse if it was in the neck area. Everyone pray it is only a minor injury and feeling comes back to his legs.

Early reports are saying it's a spinal concussion. One player who had that injury only missed a week.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:05 am

RevanFan wrote:
BUS36 wrote:GM Colbert told HC Tomlin ( thru lip reading) that Ray Shazier had no feeling in his legs as they carted him off the field. One possible good sign was that Ray grabbed his back after the hit. It could have been even worse if it was in the neck area. Everyone pray it is only a minor injury and feeling comes back to his legs.

Early reports are saying it's a spinal concussion. One player who had that injury only missed a week.

Yikes!
That just sounds awful. To only miss a week? These players are tough...no doubt about it.

Let's hope Ryan recovers well.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Hopefully he heals and can live a normal life again.

... this rivalry is completely out of control. It will be grossly irresponsible of the League if they don't get a handle on this.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Revealed to be a spinal contusion. At the least it will put him out for one game and will likely not require surgery.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:08 pm

AaronS wrote:Hopefully he heals and can live a normal life again.

... this rivalry is completely out of control. It will be grossly irresponsible of the League if they don't get a handle on this.

This happens every time the Steelers and Bengals play each other. Dirty plays on both sides.

The league also needs to get control of illegal hits in general. Just this week there were a bunch of intentional shots to the head, plus that whole Gronkowski fiasco. It's ridiculous. I feel like the NFL has been unraveling this season. With the dangerous hits, rule violations aplenty, protests, angry players, angry owners, fans no longer watching for a host of reasons, injuries to many, many big name players... part of me thinks the NFL deserves this for getting too full of itself. Especially the owners and commissioner, but the players too.

But yeah, hopefully Ryan Shazier will be fine. Early reports sound good.
My Cowboys Journal

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:17 pm

I feel it’s mostly the bengals defense. Burfict is a big douchebag and thug.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:

The Steelers are guilty as well. The Bengals defense is very violent, but the Steelers don't take the high road.
My Cowboys Journal

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:52 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:

The Steelers are guilty as well. The Bengals defense is very violent, but the Steelers don't take the high road.

I watched almost every snap last night and have no bias towards either team... Both teams' defense played mostly clean, but on several plays it was downright dirty. But that is both teams' modus operandi in these rivalry games.

Also want to add that I've personally watched tons of Steve Atwater film (NOT a Broncos fan...) and I've got to say a lot of his typical hits would get him ejected and fined these days and this game was fairly tame compared to Atwater's highlights.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:22 am

Being a DIE_HARD Steelers fan.. the Bengals and Steelers rivalry is and has been always violent....but recently it does not have the respect of each other in mind. 5-10-20 years ago this game would have been just a regular game. Safety of the players should be enforced, Prior to the Roughing the QB call, Ben was hit on the play before even worse and no flag. If that was Brady it would have been called.
Look I played ball in the 70's and 80's and I loved to hit a guy and snot-bubbles would happen. The violence will never leave football..but it can be tempered...so it is safer. The Bengals had 173 yards in penalties...Steelers 66 yards..Both Smith-Schuster and Iloka got what they deserved a suspension for their hits.

on another note... Shazier will be kept in the hospital till Wednesday or Thursday, before they can transport him back to Pittsburgh. This is because of the swelling in the injury.

Pittsburgh resign Sean Spence because of the Shazier and Matakevich injuries.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “Pittsburgh Steelers”