Shazier had no feeling in his legs....

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Shazier had no feeling in his legs....

Postby trey31 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Doctor: Shazier's situation 'much more severe than we thought'

"It's not good...We're not going to see him this season," he told ESPN's Michele Steele. He may not play football again."

Alessi added that the "bones around his spinal cord are dislocated" and that Shazier's injury is a "more severe injury "than a contusion.

"This is a much more severe situation on our hands than we thought."

Shazier underwent the surgery on Wednesday night at UMPC after being teleported to Pittsburgh from the University of Cincinnati Medical Center earlier in the day. Shazier, a Pro Bowler last season and a leader in several statistical categories on the Steelers' defense this season, issued the following tweet on Tuesday night, roughly 24 hours after suffering his injury.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:02 pm

trey31 wrote:
"It's not good...We're not going to see him this season," he told ESPN's Michele Steele. He may not play football again."

Alessi added that the "bones around his spinal cord are dislocated" and that Shazier's injury is a "more severe injury "than a contusion.

"This is a much more severe situation on our hands than we thought."

Shazier underwent the surgery on Wednesday night at UMPC after being teleported to Pittsburgh from the University of Cincinnati Medical Center earlier in the day. Shazier, a Pro Bowler last season and a leader in several statistical categories on the Steelers' defense this season, issued the following tweet on Tuesday night, roughly 24 hours after suffering his injury.

That's awful.
Spinal injuries are scary. That poor man.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:17 pm

I recently started to get interested in the NFL (About 3 months ago, American Football is not the common thing here (Venezuela)). I was seeing that game, and compared to other games I felt that was way overboard. Like, most plays it was standard football, but at times it got downright bullshit that the referees didn't call personal faults or roughing the passer calls. Probably the 3 images that got marked on me were the Shazier injury (which was the result of a injury on a Bengals LB, if my memory serves right) Smith-Schuste tackling the Bengal's defender and taunting him (The heck man? Pushing him instead of ramming him would have worked) and the very intentional offsides on Boswell's field goal (I was shaking my head at that point). Do rivalry games always get THAT over the top with the player's aggressiveness?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:20 pm

jose21crisis wrote:I recently started to get interested in the NFL (About 3 months ago, American Football is not the common thing here (Venezuela)). I was seeing that game, and compared to other games I felt that was way overboard. Like, most plays it was standard football, but at times it got downright bullshit that the referees didn't call personal faults or roughing the passer calls. Probably the 3 images that got marked on me were the Shazier injury (which was the result of a injury on a Bengals LB, if my memory serves right) Smith-Schuste tackling the Bengal's defender and taunting him (The heck man? Pushing him instead of ramming him would have worked) and the very intentional offsides on Boswell's field goal (I was shaking my head at that point). Do rivalry games always get THAT over the top with the player's aggressiveness?

Rivalries used to be like that all the time back in the 60s and 70s, but now it's pretty much just Pittsburgh and Cincy. Occasionally Pittsburgh and Baltimore. At least it seems that way.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:45 pm

jose21crisis wrote:I recently started to get interested in the NFL (About 3 months ago, American Football is not the common thing here (Venezuela)). I was seeing that game, and compared to other games I felt that was way overboard. Like, most plays it was standard football, but at times it got downright bullshit that the referees didn't call personal faults or roughing the passer calls. Probably the 3 images that got marked on me were the Shazier injury (which was the result of a injury on a Bengals LB, if my memory serves right) Smith-Schuste tackling the Bengal's defender and taunting him (The heck man? Pushing him instead of ramming him would have worked) and the very intentional offsides on Boswell's field goal (I was shaking my head at that point). Do rivalry games always get THAT over the top with the player's aggressiveness?

Actually, the play in which Shazier got injured, was not a penalty. Ryan Shazier is Line Backer, he was making a tackle on a Bengals Wide Receiver. His head jammed into the WR's hip and it was really a freak injury....but, no penalty there.
Other plays, however...you're right. The game got heated.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:37 pm

At least he's getting better. He won't be supporting the Steelers any time soon, but he's better

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/4/1673 ... engals-mnf
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “Pittsburgh Steelers”