5 years $70 million $30 m guar...

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:17 am

I could easy accept that and be happy..Bell is being unreal. He may be #1 RB but he is not #2 WR.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: 5 years $70 million $30 m guar...

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:40 pm

And now Bell pretty much disappeared from the face of Earth. He's not doing it for the money (As the initial loss of 855k by not showing up for the season opener shows) He is caring more about preserving himself for the 2019 season (Which would mean that he would be very rusty after not playing for nearly a season) than anything. The Steelers will probably only see him either on Week 10 onwards, which could directly impact the team's playoff chances. Is no surprise the team is pissed off with him (Especially the O-Line. Brown is neutral, which is nice of him). He's pulling off a gambit here. If the Steelers are still successful with James Conner, Jaylen Samuels and Stevan Ridley in their backfield (Specifically, Conner and the running game being as good as if Bell was back there. Plus pass protection and Conner being effective as a safety valve), that could lower Bell's market. Also, considering his antics and the amount of suspensions he's been dealing with, is there any team that would consider taking him as the first choice in Free Agency?

Cleveland's Defense was top 10 last season, and it still looks intimidating. If the O-Line and Conner manage to get a solid running game tomorrow (Considering the line is pretty good at getting holes in the run game , and Conner's running style is downhill compared to Bell's "Wake me up when he crosses the line" style, it could very well happen), things could look good for the Steelers offense. And bad for Bell.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “Pittsburgh Steelers”