What went wrong?

TheGlitch
Pro Bowl

What went wrong?

Postby TheGlitch » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:43 pm

DawgPound born-and-bred here...I know the obvious reasons...but seriously, what happened? 17-7?And then we let the bottom drop out? What can we do to fix this porous-as-hell run D?

What went wrong?

Sponsor

Sponsor

dawg317
MVP

Re: What went wrong?

Postby dawg317 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:20 pm

The problem with the Browns starts at the top. Holmgren/Heckert have done a horrible job of security quality players for the roster. Sure the talent is better than it has been over the past few years, but there is hardly any veteran leadership on the team. The WR, LB, and DBs are so young it's being reflected on the field. The only veteran WR is MoMass, and he's not a #1 or #2 on most teams. LB...besides DQ is there really anyone that is starting quality? And the DBs...after Haden and Ward it's pretty much just a bunch of guys. Patterson is decent, but is a very good nickle CB, not a starting CB. All of the young guys have potential, but most will turn out to be roster filler. The defense really collapsed yesterday after DQ got his concussion and had to leave the game. Once that happened, there was 2 rookies DL (due to Rubin's injury), 2 rookie LB, 1 rookie DB, 1 2nd yr DB, 1 2nd yr DL. That's just a recipe for disaster. Especially since only 1 of them was a 1-2 round pick. The rest..1 3rd round, 1 5th, and the rest 7th or UDFAs.

When I first heard that Haslam was buying the team I figured Shurmur and Holmgren were the ones that would be gone. But the more I see this team play, I think Heckert needs to go too.
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble." - John Madden

TheGlitch
Pro Bowl

Postby TheGlitch » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:54 am

We didn't lose this week :roll:

dawg317
MVP

Postby dawg317 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:57 pm

TheGlitch wrote:We didn't lose this week :roll:

Always a plus here in C-town.
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble." - John Madden

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:48 pm

So the Browns are finally putting together wins in a row with a good possibility of winning against KC this weekend. Here's for hoping we win! :D
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Return to “Cleveland Browns”