Colt McCoy

truetothegame13
MVP

Re: Colt McCoy

Postby truetothegame13 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:37 pm

i think CLE wants colt to stay. right before the draft, i believed colt was too immature to be a successful qb. however after the browns drafted brandon weeden (28 years old), it could bring in everything that colt needs.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:i think CLE wants colt to stay. right before the draft, i believed colt was too immature to be a successful qb. however after the browns drafted brandon weeden (28 years old), it could bring in everything that colt needs.

"Everything Colt needs"? What does he need? He wants to start, that's what I've heard. I've also heard he's frustrated.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Colt needs to mature. he doesnt take the game serious enough.

ive seen him mic'd up. hes way too young & immature. he has problems with giving the proper attention to his coaches, including during practice, which is frustrating for them. the chemistry between him and his teammates isnt good either.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:39 am

...Pat Shurmur and his barebones WCO are a joke. Colt doesn't have any reason to respect a team that apparently wants to see him fail with no support on his strong side, at receiver, or even from the coaches. He's being replaced by a 28-year-old system rookie- and we all saw how well the Weinke Experiment worked out. Weeden is the one that has to mature; it's still his first year. Having some fun and having brass balls is part of the game; most quarterbacks don't. Plenty of great players are "immature" by your standards- Cris Carter (Primadonna Sh*t Talking), Randy Moss (Weed Man/Fake Mooning), Merton Hanks (Funky Chicken Dance) off the top of my head.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:02 pm

na, its more like an attention deficit for mccoy. if it was college he'd be okay. but he acts like an 11 yr old who is suppose to be the leader of a team full of grown men.

i never had a problem with guys like chris carter, randy moss, etc. i have a good tolerance for that. its just colt mccoy as a starting nfl quarterback

dawg317
MVP

Postby dawg317 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Wow. Love all the comments about the Browns by fans of other teams.

Here's a few things I'll point out...
  • To this point in TC McCoy has been working with the 2s and the 3s. Same with Seneca Wallace.
  • McCoy and/or Wallace are still with the team because no one has offered anything for them. Most teams figure that one or the other will be cut prior to the start of the season.
  • McCoy's biggest problem is his timing. Usually his throws are late to the WRs, causing the timing to be off for there to be any YAC. (YAC is the biggest part of the WCO).
  • McCoy also needs to realize that he's not starter material for the NFL. He might end up being a decent backup, but not a starter.
  • Everything I'm hearing about Weeden is that he's been beyond impressive in camp, when he makes a mistake he makes the necessary adjustment/improvement to prevent from repeating it. The 1st pre-season game wasn't all that great, but it was a learning experience. Look for him to be much better the next game.
  • Look for the Browns offense to be much better this year. The WRs are improved. A QB that can make all the throws. And a RB that will require attention.
I might be a fan of the team, but that doesn't mean I look at things distorted either. I gather my info and make judgements based on what I actually see and the informed descriptions/opinions of respected "insiders" and journalists.
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble." - John Madden

Return to “Cleveland Browns”