Hue Jackson is no more

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Hue Jackson is no more

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:34 pm

So, after what looks like a pathetic season, and having a record of 1-31 before the start of this season, and after getting beat by the Steelers in a game that looked winnable after a ... weird .... safety punt brain fart (Safety punts are free kicks. Ryan Switzer didn't knew that, which I can forgive. Rosie Nix and Antonio Brown apparently didn't either, which I can't.) but let them go away (Thank you, James Conner), the Browns finally got rid of Hue Jackson. Mid Season. It was going to happen, although I was expecting to be either after the season, or before the season. Al Saunders will be the interim HC for the Browns for now.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Hue Jackson is no more

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Hue Jackson is no more

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:54 pm

jose21crisis wrote:So, after what looks like a pathetic season, and having a record of 1-31 before the start of this season, and after getting beat by the Steelers in a game that looked winnable after a ... weird .... safety punt brain fart (Safety punts are free kicks. Ryan Switzer didn't knew that, which I can forgive. Rosie Nix and Antonio Brown apparently didn't either, which I can't.) but let them go away (Thank you, James Conner), the Browns finally got rid of Hue Jackson. Mid Season. It was going to happen, although I was expecting to be either after the season, or before the season. Al Saunders will be the interim HC for the Browns for now.

Their last six head coaches were all fired after the second Pittsburgh game.

According to Ian Rappaport on NFL Network, no interim has been selected, and many on the team haven't even been informed yet.

They were competitive in most games the last two years. Just could never seal the deal.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Well, the guy is still alive. :lol:
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:44 pm

And Todd Haley also got punted out of Cleveland. Apparently, Baker Mayfield is not going to miss either of them. Al Saunders is now the interim HC.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:27 pm

Rappaport reports it's Gregg Williams, not Saunders.
My Cowboys Journal

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:08 pm

John Dorsey doesn't screw around, he basically just cleaned house...

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm

RevanFan wrote:Rappaport reports it's Gregg Williams, not Saunders.

Just read that part a while ago.

Austinmario13 wrote:John Dorsey doesn't screw around, he basically just cleaned house...

You still have to wonder why Jackson still had a job after a season with a single win, and a perfect loss season back to back.
Semper fi

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:09 pm

jose21crisis wrote:

Austinmario13 wrote:John Dorsey doesn't screw around, he basically just cleaned house...

You still have to wonder why Jackson still had a job after a season with a single win, and a perfect loss season back to back.

Because they knew that it was the front office that was fighting with Jackson, so they that maybe with that person gone, it help. It didn’t. Now they got rid of the REAL problem.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:

Because they knew that it was the front office that was fighting with Jackson, so they that maybe with that person gone, it help. It didn’t. Now they got rid of the REAL problem.

You can't say Jackson was the "real problem." He was one of MANY "real problems."
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Cleveland Browns”