Better than a loss I guess?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Tyrod Taylor was so ineffective. Idk if it was the rain or what.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Re: Better than a loss I guess?

Postby ycleped » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Tyrod just isn't great. There's a reason the Bills traded him...
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:20 pm

ycleped wrote:Tyrod just isn't great. There's a reason the Bills traded him...

But look what they're left with after trading him. Nothing.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Well, that was ... upsetting.
Austinmario13 wrote:Tyrod Taylor was so ineffective. Idk if it was the rain or what.

It's not like he's totally to blame for the tie. He didn't commit a lot of mistakes (Other than having passes fall incomplete or deflected. A lot at that) but didn't really do a lot when it came to the pass. He did ran a fair lot (Why Keith Butler didn't have anyone spying on Tyrod Taylor beats me). That's Tyrod's stylel, he won't give the other team a turnover most of the time, but he won't do a lot of big time plays.

RevanFan wrote:
ycleped wrote:Tyrod just isn't great. There's a reason the Bills traded him...

But look what they're left with after trading him. Nothing.

I still look at that trade as "Stupid and bad". Not only they gave the keys of their offense to a QB who, in his first start, threw 5 picks compared to the turnover averse Taylor, they also drafted potential bust Josh Allen and got perennial backup QB A.J. McCarron. The Browns' QB situation is better than the Bills' QB situation.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:53 pm

jose21crisis wrote:I still look at that trade as "Stupid and bad". Not only they gave the keys of their offense to a QB who, in his first start, threw 5 picks compared to the turnover averse Taylor, they also drafted potential bust Josh Allen and got perennial backup QB A.J. McCarron. The Browns' QB situation is better than the Bills' QB situation.

Actually they traded McCarron to the Raiders, so its just Allen and Peterman, even worse.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:34 pm

The real question is...which is worse: the Steelers not being able to beat the Browns or both kickers missing what could've been game-winning field goals?

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:35 pm

It is the Browns.. when a team gives you 6 turnovers and you do not capitalize on them.. a QB(Taylor) that goes 15 for 44 (less than 30%) for 177 yards ( 157 - 7 sacks= 22 yards). Ben going 23 for 41 for 335 and 3 INTs and 2 Fumbles. Rain yes was a fact but Taylor just stunk and was too cautious..where was Haley killer threat?

Stars of the game ....
Steelers
Conner- 135 rushing yards 2 TDs 57 receiving yards ( LeVeon Bell WHO?)
TJ Watt- 11 Tackles 4 sacks blocked GW FG

Browns
Garrett- 6 Tackles 2 sacks FF
Ward- 6 Tackle 2 INTs
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:The real question is...which is worse: the Steelers not being able to beat the Browns or both kickers missing what could've been game-winning field goals?

The Steelers not being able to beat the Browns due to themselves. Ben was SOOO rusty on that game, forcing passes and making bad reads. I really think the starters should play the last preseason games, otherwise stuff like that happens. He snaps out of it by the end of the season, but ... dang. Boswell missing his game winner was bad. Gonzales missing his game winner was not his fault, T.J. Watt got his hand up in there (He was EVERYWHERE on the game).
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Browns (0-0-1) best start since 2004

MagneticPotato
Rookie

Postby MagneticPotato » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:24 pm

The Browns should be on the rise now. In the past 15 years they've had a trend of bad offenses and good defenses. The only piece they were missing was a QB and now it looks like Baker Mayfield is that guy. Give them 2 more seasons and see what happens.

Return to “Cleveland Browns”