This is absolutely pathetic...

This is absolutely pathetic...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Re: This is absolutely pathetic...

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:38 am

Austinmario13 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870523/article/late-paperwork-nixed-browns-aj-mccarron-trade

See this is the problem with the Browns when it comes to free agency and trading.

They're just like: "Hey! Who needs to trade for Garappolo? We'll just get someone with adequate skills, like AJ McCarron." :roll:

It is very stupid but very hilarious at the same time :lol:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870523/article/late-paperwork-nixed-browns-aj-mccarron-trade

See this is the problem with the Browns when it comes to free agency and trading.

They're just like: "Hey! Who needs to trade for Garappolo? We'll just get someone with adequate skills, like AJ McCarron." :roll:

It is very stupid but very hilarious at the same time :lol:

Garappolo has only played two full games. We don't really know if he's any good.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:54 pm

RevanFan wrote:Garappolo has only played two full games. We don't really know if he's any good.

That's exactly what I've been saying.
There have been several "Brady backups" that were highly touted, but when given the chance to be a franchise QB....complete disappointments.
Ryan Mallett, Bryan Hoyer, to name a couple. And does anyone remember Matt Cassell? He's the only one that got to fill in for an entire season, when Brady had knee surgery in '07. Cassell threw for over 4000 yds and led the Patriots to an 11-5 record (only 11 win team to not make the playoffs in league history).
And he was the Chiefs "Life Saver". Yeah, that didn't turn out very well.

Keep in mind, all three of those players are still in the league making millions of dollars. Hoyer is now back with the Pats, even.
But, let's hold off on the "Garroppolo Dynasty" talk for a few months, at least.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:51 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Garappolo has only played two full games. We don't really know if he's any good.

That's exactly what I've been saying.
There have been several "Brady backups" that were highly touted, but when given the chance to be a franchise QB....complete disappointments

Prescott, Wentz, Watson, etc wouldn't be playing at high levels if they were in Cleveland. The reason the Patriots have never had to suffer through terrible backup QBs is because of the supporting cast. Not just the "Belichick" offensive system (which changes almost every season based on the personnel available), but because the Patriots organization pays their assistant coaching staff, which is far better than lesser organizations, they know their team's strengths and weaknesses and game plan accordingly, and they have always had solid blocking and skills positions on the offensive side of the ball, which ties into their superior scouting department. Also, it doesn't hurt that Bill's father authored Football Scouting Methods - Steve Belichick, 1962; which has been called "the Bible of scouting techniques" and might have something to do with Belichick's success with the Patriots...

When former Patriot players end up elsewhere (QB or otherwise) they tend to perform on par with the level their new organization operates at.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “Cleveland Browns”