Are the Browns going to cut Manziel?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Are the Browns going to cut Manziel?

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:36 am

1312qohelet wrote:To me, it's a moot point.....even if he straghtens up and walks the line, his blatant lack of skill will keep him off of NFL rosters.

Skills-wise, he's ALOT like Tebow. Sure Tebow is bigger and tougher, but they are on the same level as NFL QB's - talent-wise, I know how many games Tebow won in 2011. He beat my bears with a come from behind, overtime touchdown

My point is, Tebow got chance, after chance based solely on his "straight-arrow, good guy" personality. If he ran around partying, ditching re-hab, and doing whatever else Johnny does, does anyone think he would have received multiple shots to make NFL teams?

I don't think so. Tebow DESERVED each of his chances, he just couldn't hack it.
Even if Johnny gets his stuff together, he doesn't deserve another chance. Then again, if one takes a look around the league, there are so many you could not count the number of players that don't deserve to be banking an NFL paycheck

You're right, I think Manziel does not deserve another chance....he's disrespected a browns organization that stood by him with all his crap. But maybe b/c of his so called "potential" he may get one more chance but I sure hope this loser hits rock bottom to get reality into him....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:36 pm

To me, it's a moot point.....even if he straghtens up and walks the line, his blatant lack of skill will keep him off of NFL rosters.

Johnny did play decently in his starts in 2015. There were some games where he fared well and flashed some talent - if he could focus on the playbook and make some chemistry with his receivers, he could be a decent QB. Too bad he'd rather focus on getting drunk.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:01 am

Danchat wrote:
To me, it's a moot point.....even if he straghtens up and walks the line, his blatant lack of skill will keep him off of NFL rosters.

Johnny did play decently in his starts in 2015. There were some games where he fared well and flashed some talent - if he could focus on the playbook and make some chemistry with his receivers, he could be a decent QB. Too bad he'd rather focus on getting drunk.

His "playbook" is all play no work hahaha :)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:40 pm

1312qohelet wrote:Even if Johnny gets his stuff together, he doesn't deserve another chance. Then again, if one takes a look around the league, there are so many you could not count the number of players that don't deserve to be banking an NFL paycheck

I think the Browns really blew it by cutting him. Weak, weak move.

He should have been suspended for conduct detrimental to the team and then taken their chances that the NFL would suspend him for all the issues with his girlfriend. He should be rotting on a reserve for at least another year. WITHOUT pay.

If the NFLPA wanted to fight with them about that, let them take their chances. Based on the way they have laid down over Goodells 'Personal Conduct Policy' my assumption is the NFLPA wouldn't stand a chance trying to win a fight for Manziel here.

.. and I really don't blame the guy for wanting to party his life away. I'd sure as H@ll do it if I had the means. But just go do that. Don't steal money from a team, or take a roster spot from a player who actually wants to be in the League.

I'll be truly shocked if another team takes a chance on him. This guy is epic on the failure scale. When Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell are light years better than you, you've set a new benchmark for failure.

Return to “Cleveland Browns”