Are the Browns going to cut Manziel?

Hugdzzz
Rookie

Postby Hugdzzz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:44 am

I just wanted to know if the Cleveland Browns would cut Manziel, or if anyone knew. (I would if I were Ray Farmer... Even though Manziel is the only Browns quarterback that could handle himself in the pocket...)

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Are the Browns going to cut Manziel?

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:47 am

Latest reports say they are not considering cutting him. I doubt anyone here would know more than the public reports.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:15 pm

I hear the asking price for a trade is a 6-pack of beers with a pack of smokes as bonus. :P ha ha just kidding!
But in all seriousness, this guy may be ryan leaf 2.0. Dude is immature and it takes maturity to be a NFL QB. You need a strong mind to be a great qb in the league and someone who is pre-occupied with partying and not studying the playbook is headed in the wrong direction. It is sad (not a browns fan here) that cleveland always picks a qb only to have a letdown. I would like to see them turn it around, as they have all the tools on defense and even an okay offense just not a qb worth following/leading. He will be broke in 2 years (after getting cut and wasting his cash) and an ESPN documentary on what could have been on those (30 for 30 types) will be played to make him look like a victim when its his own damn fault.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:51 pm

Hugdzzz wrote:I just wanted to know if the Cleveland Browns would cut Manziel, or if anyone knew. (I would if I were Ray Farmer... Even though Manziel is the only Browns quarterback that could handle himself in the pocket...)

He's getting cut in March....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... be-charged

Instead of Johnny Manziel, he will be johnny man-cell ( in jail).
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:51 pm

I've said this elsewhere, but I can't imagine any team in 2016 signing Manziel after the Browns cut him. He has to get his life together off the field before any team will even think about signing him.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:16 am

Danchat wrote:I've said this elsewhere, but I can't imagine any team in 2016 signing Manziel after the Browns cut him. He has to get his life together off the field before any team will even think about signing him.

Well he's gone now, wonder who will pick him up probably the cowboys or rams?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:26 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
Danchat wrote:I've said this elsewhere, but I can't imagine any team in 2016 signing Manziel after the Browns cut him. He has to get his life together off the field before any team will even think about signing him.

Cowboys have no interest in him.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:49 am

ultimatum77 wrote:

I don't think Manziel gets a shot unless he straightens things up - and then the earliest he'll get a shot is 2017. I don't think any NFL GM is going to take a risk on Johnny Football, especially with all the problems and media circus that will follow him.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:36 am

Danchat wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

I don't think Manziel gets a shot unless he straightens things up - and then the earliest he'll get a shot is 2017. I don't think any NFL GM is going to take a risk on Johnny Football, especially with all the problems and media circus that will follow him.

To me, it's a moot point.....even if he straghtens up and walks the line, his blatant lack of skill will keep him off of NFL rosters.

Skills-wise, he's ALOT like Tebow. Sure Tebow is bigger and tougher, but they are on the same level as NFL QB's - talent-wise, I know how many games Tebow won in 2011. He beat my bears with a come from behind, overtime touchdown

My point is, Tebow got chance, after chance based solely on his "straight-arrow, good guy" personality. If he ran around partying, ditching re-hab, and doing whatever else Johnny does, does anyone think he would have received multiple shots to make NFL teams?

I don't think so. Tebow DESERVED each of his chances, he just couldn't hack it.
Even if Johnny gets his stuff together, he doesn't deserve another chance. Then again, if one takes a look around the league, there are so many you could not count the number of players that don't deserve to be banking an NFL paycheck

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:34 am

Yea Im actually surprised the cowboys don't want to even talk to him...maybe their going for RG3 instead? He would be better in terms of maturity compared to manziel....

I agree with Danchat, he may be going the Josh Gordon year long suspension route to getting back into football. My gut is he won't be sought after until next season is over or a catastrophic injury happens in preseason this year to a high quality starter then maybe and that's a big maybe he gets a chance...but realistically 2017 looks like it will be his last chance if he proves he can control himself...

Return to “Cleveland Browns”