Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

User avatar
Austinmario13
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3216
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: West Odessa, TX
Contact:

Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu May 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Good. I want to see Young in the NFL again.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... er-thigpen

Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

TheGlitch
Pro Bowl
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby TheGlitch » Thu May 01, 2014 10:42 pm

The more the merrier. I wouldn't care if they brought in Doug Flutie for workouts...just find a decent QB tandem and stick with it for longer than two seasons, please.

User avatar
Danchat
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2452
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby Danchat » Fri May 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Why is Vince Young still getting on teams? I'm sorry to mention his name again, but seriously, if you want a backup, just sign Tim Tebow. Thigpen has a small shot to make the team, but with Derek Carr, Johnny Manziel, or the rookie QB coming in, I can imagine these two won't be making the team.

This means two things: the Rex Grossman rumored signing is now not happening. Alex Tanney is also on his way out.

I think for next season, we'll see Hoyer vs the rookie and Thigpen/Young/or another rookie on the bench as the 3rd stringer.
And it sounds like if they draft Derek Carr, they may bring in David Carr in as a 3rd stringer. David has to be happy that his brother could get him a job. (of course, these are just rumors)
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

TheGlitch
Pro Bowl
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby TheGlitch » Fri May 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Danchat wrote:... but seriously, if you want a backup, just sign
Spoiler:
He of Whom We Do Not Speak
.



It's not that bad yet... is it? :lol: I'll reserve judgement on the front office moves until after the draft, just because I'm happy to see any signs of life following an awful season and all the ownership/management drama.

User avatar
Sidelion
MVP
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:12 am
Location: East Tennessee

Re: Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby Sidelion » Sat May 03, 2014 4:23 am

Danchat wrote:Why is Vince Young still getting on teams? I'm sorry to mention his name again, but seriously, if you want a backup, just sign Tim Tebow. Thigpen has a small shot to make the team, but with Derek Carr, Johnny Manziel, or the rookie QB coming in, I can imagine these two won't be making the team.

Well, Vince Young is in the mold of RG3, so Shanahan wouldn't have to make drastic changes to his overall gameplan in Cleveland, or could develop a mobile QB package. (I always thought it was RG3 and Kyle's daddy that made the O-coordinator look so good, but this is the Browns we're talking about here... expect a coaching change in two to three years as the Browns ruin yet another QB's development.)
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

TheGlitch
Pro Bowl
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby TheGlitch » Sat May 03, 2014 9:44 am

Sidelion wrote:
Danchat wrote:... expect a coaching change in two to three years as the Browns ruin yet another QB's development.)


This. Fans, shareholders and media pressure have created a "Win right now!" atmosphere, so coaches/GMs/QBs have (at best) three years to produce, or OUT THE DOOR YOU GO.

Heaven forbid you place the blame squarely on the shoulders of ownership for meddling in GM buisness or closing the checkbook, or the GM for not signing choice FAs, or the coach for sticking with fan/media roster darlings.

The mobile QB package is a current trend, but I would prefer building a solid O-line (or a a dependable D like we used to have). By the way, what GM in their right mind would let Phil Dawson go without suitable replacement?

User avatar
Sidelion
MVP
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:12 am
Location: East Tennessee

Re: Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby Sidelion » Sat May 03, 2014 11:46 am

TheGlitch wrote:
Sidelion wrote:
Danchat wrote:... expect a coaching change in two to three years as the Browns ruin yet another QB's development.)


This. Fans, shareholders and media pressure have created a "Win right now!" atmosphere, so coaches/GMs/QBs have (at best) three years to produce, or OUT THE DOOR YOU GO.

Heaven forbid you place the blame squarely on the shoulders of ownership for meddling in GM buisness or closing the checkbook, or the GM for not signing choice FAs, or the coach for sticking with fan/media roster darlings.

The mobile QB package is a current trend, but I would prefer building a solid O-line (or a a dependable D like we used to have). By the way, what GM in their right mind would let Phil Dawson go without suitable replacement?

...what other franchise signs Mike Shanahan's son? The modern Browns' coaching history is a list of mediocrity and failure. After Pettine fails, Jay Gruden will fail, the long-rumored hire of Josh McDaniels will slightly succeed and then massively fail, and then Chip Kelly will fail. Cleveland is the great black hole of coaching talent, except it isn't pulling in the next Bill Parcells.

Yes, the management has a lot to do with it. Growing up in Tennessee, I can assure you, I'm familiar with the Haslam family. Digging Cleveland out of a trench this big has to start with uprooting something major or adding something major... I don't see Cleveland doing either, even after nine more years of mediocre coaching, draft busts, little-to-no FA pickups, poor contract structuring, and understandable fan malaise. I don't know. Maybe McDaniels will be your guy in three years and maybe, after going 9-7 in 2018, he won't absolutely demolish the Browns' public image like he did with Denver. Whatever the case may be... Cleveland still isn't Detroit. lesigh.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

User avatar
NickyJ
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2657
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby NickyJ » Sat May 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Sidelion wrote:...what other franchise signs Mike Shanahan's son?

Houston?
Image

jesse100190
All-Pro
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby jesse100190 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:26 pm

young got released today by the browns

User avatar
Danchat
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2452
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby Danchat » Mon May 12, 2014 3:48 pm

jesse100190 wrote:young got released today by the browns

Alex Tanney was also released. It looks like Hoyer v. Manziel for the starting job and Thigpen v. Connor Shaw for the 3rd string job.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400


Return to “Cleveland Browns”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest