Browns Future

superben21
MVP

Browns Future

Postby superben21 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:27 am

I should start by saying I went to the Browns vs Ravens game last weekend in Cleveland and that inspired me to write.

After watching the team in person the Defense is truly phenomenal, there's only one problem. That problem is the offense can't keep them off the field and once they get worn down they start to fall apart at the end of the halves. The main problem was the pathetic run blocking our offensive line supposedly was doing. Our line is AWFUL at run blocking. Starting with Joe Thomas on the left and going to the right there is NOT one above average run blocker on the line. Alex Mack is the best of them all and maybe he's above average but everyone around him is so bad it doesn't really matter. If we could run block it would have been a 40-10 game against the Ravens instead of a 24-18 nail-biter.

The Browns need to upgrade at the RB position but only after we get a few respectable offensive linemen. Jason Campbell had a very good stat line and looked just fine. He did bruise/break a rib or two in the first half but came back in the next drive and performed very well. He was under pretty constant pressure and took a lot of hits but was very accurate most of the time especially when he had time to scan the field.

The receivers made big plays on Sunday. One week after blowing it in Kansas City, Devon Bess had a huge game against the Ravens including some very important 3rd and 4th down catches including a 4th and 1 catch on the Brown's last drive to extend the drive and put them in field goal range. A very low pass but a sweet catch. Also his two touchdown catches came in big situations and the way he held onto the first one was crazy, big hit easily heard by everyone in the stadium.

Overall I thought the Browns had a lot of potential and maybe the best team in the division (best division record). I guess we'll find out more after the bye week and our games against the Bengals and Steelers. However, being only two games back of the Bengals there is a lot of potential to make a stand by beating them again!

Believeland lives on!!!
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Browns Future

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Cleveland Browns”