Bengals have made history

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Bengals have made history

Postby Danchat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:03 pm

It doesn't matter that Cincinnati has all those weapons when their offensive line is terrible. They lost Kevin Zeitler, a top 5 offensive guard, and Andrew Whitworth, a top 5 left tackle in free agency and all of their replacements have been really bad. The one decent player on that O-line is Clint Boling.

I don't understand why the Bengals didn't draft any more help for them - they've spent 3 2nd round picks on HBs in the past 5 seasons! (Bernard, Hill, Mixon) Draft O-linemen in the early rounds and wait on HBs, there have been many teams that have waited on HB and found guys in the 4th-7th round and even undrafted who can be great. Just poor management of the roster by the Bengals.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Danchat wrote:It doesn't matter that Cincinnati has all those weapons when their offensive line is terrible. They lost Kevin Zeitler, a top 5 offensive guard, and Andrew Whitworth, a top 5 left tackle in free agency and all of their replacements have been really bad. The one decent player on that O-line is Clint Boling.

I don't understand why the Bengals didn't draft any more help for them - they've spent 3 2nd round picks on HBs in the past 5 seasons! (Bernard, Hill, Mixon) Draft O-linemen in the early rounds and wait on HBs, there have been many teams that have waited on HB and found guys in the 4th-7th round and even undrafted who can be great. Just poor management of the roster by the Bengals.

They could do what Dallas did. Build you offensive line for four years, get your quarterback hurt, have a crappy year, and then draft a running back.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:First team since the 1939 Philadelphia Eagles to not score a TD within the first two games. I have a strong feeling someone is getting fired and Dalton is going to get benched for McCarron.

IIRC the Rams did that last season?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:25 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:First team since the 1939 Philadelphia Eagles to not score a TD within the first two games. I have a strong feeling someone is getting fired and Dalton is going to get benched for McCarron.

IIRC the Rams did that last season?

The record was for the first two games being home games.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Cincinnati Bengals”