Lamar Jackson

RevanFan
Legend

Lamar Jackson

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:42 pm

I doubted him before the season, but so far... wow. Really, really impressive.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Lamar Jackson

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Lamar Jackson

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:46 pm

Well ..those were the Dolphins ... you do need to crush bad teams, so yeah ...
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:51 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Well ..those were the Dolphins ... you do need to crush bad teams, so yeah ...

I know, but it's still impressive. 17/20 with 5 touchdowns, I believe? Even against a terrible team, that's nuts.
My Cowboys Journal

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 pm

8-) raise your hand if you started him this week in fantasy.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 pm

KO'BBF wrote:8-) raise your hand if you started him this week in fantasy.

Ohh! Me! Me!
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:42 am

He played well but their offensive play calling reminds me of RG3 with the Redskins back in 2012 with the gimmick run fake and then throwing read option. Really it's just nothing more than a play action fake and after a while teams will catch on to it....especially against a better defense I don't think he will put up those kind of numbers like he did with the dolphins. He'll be lucky to put up 14 against a good defense on their schedule especially if they stuff mark ingram and the run game....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:13 pm

I watched most of that game. The team looks solid across the board. I know it was Miami they beat! What excited me was Mark Ingram! He looked like the Mark who ran hard for the Tide! They are solid, not too many teams will stop them! Lamar will shine all season! I expect them to with their division!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:42 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:He played well but their offensive play calling reminds me of RG3 with the Redskins back in 2012 with the gimmick run fake and then throwing read option. Really it's just nothing more than a play action fake and after a while teams will catch on to it....especially against a better defense I don't think he will put up those kind of numbers like he did with the dolphins. He'll be lucky to put up 14 against a good defense on their schedule especially if they stuff mark ingram and the run game....

I disagree that they'll be bad against good defenses. Jackson, the whole game, barely even thought about running the ball. Not only is that a good sign that his pocket awareness is better, but that is also a completely other aspect to his game thus far untapped. If he can't get a good passing game going, he'll run with the ball. A dual threat quarterback who is good at both is dangerous.
My Cowboys Journal

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:36 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:He played well but their offensive play calling reminds me of RG3 with the Redskins back in 2012 with the gimmick run fake and then throwing read option. Really it's just nothing more than a play action fake and after a while teams will catch on to it....especially against a better defense I don't think he will put up those kind of numbers like he did with the dolphins. He'll be lucky to put up 14 against a good defense on their schedule especially if they stuff mark ingram and the run game....

I disagree that they'll be bad against good defenses. Jackson, the whole game, barely even thought about running the ball. Not only is that a good sign that his pocket awareness is better, but that is also a completely other aspect to his game thus far untapped. If he can't get a good passing game going, he'll run with the ball. A dual threat quarterback who is good at both is dangerous.

Yep, what he said!

Return to “Baltimore Ravens”