Ed Reed is retiring

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Ed Reed is retiring

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:33 am

While not a ravens fan, I have to say watching ed reed's pick 6's during his playing time was fun to watch. Most defenders could not return interceptions to the house like he did when he was in his prime, darting and dashing through would be tacklers. It was awesome!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-rav ... highlights
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Ed Reed is retiring

Sponsor

Sponsor

deathcrow89
All-Pro

Re: Ed Reed is retiring

Postby deathcrow89 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:06 pm

it sucks that Sean Taylor had to leave this world so soon he would have been right there up with Ed. Those 2 at Miami made life a nightmare on the field lol.

"I Bleed Blue"

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:39 am

deathcrow89 wrote:it sucks that Sean Taylor had to leave this world so soon he would have been right there up with Ed. Those 2 at Miami made life a nightmare on the field lol.

Yea crazy, how Taylor tried to help kids from broken down families and they turn around rob him, then end up killing him. I remember Taylor was a ferocious hitter even in pro bowl's he played it like it was a regular game delivering bone jarring hits.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

deathcrow89
All-Pro

Postby deathcrow89 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:08 am

those hits have always mde me wonder how much he would continued that with goodells defenseless receiver rules lol taylor didnt ever care lol he wanted to make the play and get the ball.

"I Bleed Blue"

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:18 am

deathcrow89 wrote:those hits have always mde me wonder how much he would continued that with goodells defenseless receiver rules lol taylor didnt ever care lol he wanted to make the play and get the ball.

Yea same mentality as donte whitner/bernard pollard till it starts hurting the player's wallet. :lol: Goodell is too fine happy, I wish he would go away he's not competent to be a comissioner. :x

I loved that style of football, not today's over inflated pro offense game. I don't care for manning/brady to put up madden numbers every game it gets old and boring after a while. I like seeing smash mouth old school defense. Where they don't give receivers wide open field to run in but allow tight defense. Those manning/brady numbers would be lower and they would be lucky to reach 3000yds passing instead of their 4000+ every year. It would force the running game to become relevant again. Sadly everyone is trying to go 3wr sets etc and use the ground game only when inside the 5 within the redzone.

deathcrow89
All-Pro

Postby deathcrow89 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:36 am

I remember most recently jacobs ward and bradshaw lighting up the run game as a 3 headed attack i miss that had defenses trying to prepare for 1 or 2 while the others just run all over lol. I remember some good games just before goodell got his panties in a twist lol ive never been a fan of the new commish they should have done better with searching then just here ya go heres the nfl reins go nuts.

"I Bleed Blue"

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue May 12, 2015 5:55 pm

As much as I like to blame stuff on Goodell, the the disappearance of those storied "hard hits" is mostly on the media, and ultimately, the fans. We say now how we miss seeing defenders mercilessly pursuing the ball, but we're also the people that say something needs to be done when a player gets a concussion or other major injury after one of those hits when a receiver is seemingly defenseless. If nobody is injured, we glorify it. When someone inevitably does, we vilify it. As the heavy hits go away, defense loses its teeth, and we get what we have now, with still more to slowly erode as concussions garner more attention.

deathcrow89
All-Pro

Postby deathcrow89 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:07 pm

im not the one to say anything yes its a problem with injuries but its also part of the game has always been apart of the game. plus i blame goodell for more then just "hits".

"I Bleed Blue"

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:23 am

I agree with you NickyJ, football will no longer be football in 5 years. While player safety is important this is a sport that is full of inherent danger. Defense has gotten the short end of the stick by not being allowed to be more aggressive. The more rules get bent to favor offense and not defense, the more points/offensive stats pile up, until defense will eventually become irrelevant and everyone will have a high powered offense to out-gun the other team. It seems most teams are trying to build that model (except the seahawks and a few others) of building a juggernaut offense (like peyton for years with the colts) and an average or even below average defense (colts d during peyton's time).

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:27 am

Yea deathcrow89, as a giants fan I miss those days of jacobs running over people like a mack truck and seeing guys fly off his behemoth shape lol. I agree with what you say about injuries being a part of the game, and on another note the only hits goodell delivers are to players' pocketbooks. :lol:

Return to “Baltimore Ravens”