Ray Lewis to retire after the playoffs

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Source.
Ray Lewis will end his brilliant 17-year NFL career after the Baltimore Ravens complete their 2013 playoff run.

Lewis has been sidelined since Oct. 14 with a torn right triceps. The 13-time Pro Bowl middle linebacker intends to return Sunday to face the Indianapolis Colts in what will almost certainly be his final home game.

''I talked to my team today,'' Lewis said Wednesday. ''I talked to them about life in general. And everything that starts has an end. For me, today, I told my team that this will be my last ride.''

Lewis will walk away from the game because he wants to spend more time with his two sons. While working to return from his injury, Lewis watched them play on the same high school football team, and he intends to watch Ray Lewis III perform as a freshman next year for his alma mater, the University of Miami.

Sorry to see Rayman go. How long does he have to wait before he's HoF eligible?

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Ray Lewis to retire after the playoffs

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:12 pm

NickyJ wrote:Source.
Ray Lewis will end his brilliant 17-year NFL career after the Baltimore Ravens complete their 2013 playoff run.

Lewis has been sidelined since Oct. 14 with a torn right triceps. The 13-time Pro Bowl middle linebacker intends to return Sunday to face the Indianapolis Colts in what will almost certainly be his final home game.

''I talked to my team today,'' Lewis said Wednesday. ''I talked to them about life in general. And everything that starts has an end. For me, today, I told my team that this will be my last ride.''

Lewis will walk away from the game because he wants to spend more time with his two sons. While working to return from his injury, Lewis watched them play on the same high school football team, and he intends to watch Ray Lewis III perform as a freshman next year for his alma mater, the University of Miami.

Sorry to see Rayman go. How long does he have to wait before he's HoF eligible?

Five years.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Its always sad to see such a legend retire :(

He's a first ballot HOF easily. Here's to 2018!
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 pm

only feeling about the SuperBowl ...Is the 49ers will lay down so the Ravens win and Reed and Lewis will be winners. They did it last season so the Ravens could stay ahead of the Steelers and win the division. This is just a gut feeling..hopefully I am wrong.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 pm

BUS36 wrote:only feeling about the SuperBowl ...Is the 49ers will lay down so the Ravens win and Reed and Lewis will be winners. They did it last season so the Ravens could stay ahead of the Steelers and win the division. This is just a gut feeling..hopefully I am wrong.

The 49ers didn't toss the Thanksgiving game. The Ravens simply outplayed them. And the 49ers certainly won't toss this game. I think you're letting your rivalry with them get in the way of seeing that the Ravens are actually a good team.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm just saying that up to that Thanksgiving show down SF was one of the top teams ... Baltimore and Pittsburgh were tied in the division..SF was way ahead ..they could afford to lose a game especially to his brother.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “Baltimore Ravens”