The Football Team halts Steelers run @ 11

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:47 pm

:o :shock: Without a solid run game, there's more pressure on the passing game. Guys dropped passes routinely caught, simply too many passes thrown, another one-sided attack (53 pass attempts) yuk! Last week Ben had 51 attempts, that's not Steeler football! No ball/run game control equals less game/TOP control! It showed in redzone and during the second half! Snell & Samuels need more production and must improve! 14 rush attempts for 21 yards for the game won't cut it! Smile in the face of adversity and move forward! But without that run game balance, it's easier said than done!

That was an ugly performance! Alex Smith caught em' slippin! :oops:

It's like the Steeler's are missing a gear or two! A short week and a solid test vs Buffalo will be a tough game to win! We'll see what the Steelers are made of moving forward these last 4 games (Bill, Bengals, Colts, Browns)! What changes will Tomlin make to get his team back on track?

72 Dolphins undefeated record still stands!

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: The Football Team halts Steelers run @ 11

Postby BUS36 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:47 am

Agree 100000000000000000000% we look sloppy and are not aggressive at all at the POA. The OL has too much emphasis on keeping Ben up and not blowing guys off the ball. OL coaches Grim and Munchak are really missed. Plus too much reading their own press clippings...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:17 am

BUS36 wrote:Agree 100000000000000000000% we look sloppy and are not aggressive at all at the POA. The OL has too much emphasis on keeping Ben up and not blowing guys off the ball. OL coaches Grim and Munchak are really missed. Plus too much reading their own press clippings...

The first gear missing: In the past, I thought James Conner was a good back. Now it's clear what he really meant to the Steelers offense. They miss his effectiveness more now than ever and the 18-23 carries to somewhat balance the offense keeping defenses of balance. Snell and Samuel aren't getting it done!

The Steelers identity on both sides of the ball is simply physical beat you up. The offense was a physical balanced style even though they passed 60% of the time! Now without Conner, the identity is more finesse and not their strong suit!

The second gear missing: Bud Dupree (gone for the season) has already affected how the defense has been playing. He was the alpha male on the defense calling the defenses putting his guys in the right position to make the plays. For the last two weeks, Tomlin has mentioned defensive communication being a problem! Haden concussion (out) will put more pressure on the back end. Fitzpatrick will get a chance to prove even more how good he truly is! He's got to make more plays now!

It's chess game and Tomlin's next two moves will determine how they finish the season!

Got any more practice squad gems? They'll need them!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:27 am

Agree with that...Conner has that I want to run you over attitude. I do think that they have been reading their press clipping too much. I think this will humble them and get them back on track. Dupree gave them a speed and power guy from the blindside. Highsmith did an ok ( rating of a 6.5 out of 10 ) But now getting almost a whole week to work with the first team may make a difference. Oh hell we could bring back James Harrison for the stretch ( just kidding ).
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:03 am

BUS36 wrote:Oh hell we could bring back James Harrison for the stretch ( just kidding ).

:lol: I'm sure he'd welcome the chance. And I think he could be effective for situational play! I watch his youtube video''s. He's very powerful and got plenty of diesel in the tank!

Next man up!

Return to “AFC North”