Controversy ?

Littleware
Banned

Re: Controversy ?

Postby Littleware » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:53 pm

NickyJ wrote:I think that Webb should be used along the same lines that I prescribed Tebow as: Change-of-pace QB. Ponder is your main QB, but if your offense is starting to slow and get stuck in the mud, throw in Webb for a drive to change things up. Heck, you could even line Webb up as a receiver with Ponder under center, then maybe do a few trick plays. Either way, after the drive ends, you go back to normal for a while.
Plain crap!

Rookie quarterbacks don't always put up the most stellar stats.Especially when the rest of the team has issues.... Don't Tell Mr. Newton that hi$t!

I mean, you can't blame it ALL on Ponder... Like hell you can't! He's booboo!
Webb seems to do just fine when he comes in. I know Ponder is a rookie, but to be honest he shouldn't have been drafted in the first round anyway. I just don't see him. being any good.[/quote] Amen to that!

But to say the Viking's woes are all on Ponder isn't fair... However he stinks, makes poor decisions and he's got the stats to prove it! Cam Newton is lighting the $hit up and the media has him on the back burner waiting for some other bozo qb to make a splash. It AINT gonna happen! Other than Cam (I AM) and Andy (my man) Dalton, all of the other rookie qb's are clearly not ready (calling out Blaine Garbage and Chris Flounder)!!! The rookies need the reps to get a lather and year's and year's and years of film study! While some of the other QB's just don't cut it (Curtis Painter)! Nobody is talking much about Teblow's 4 picks and getting blew out by the poor Bill's just goes to show who the media guys are rooting for and not!

Cam (The MAN) Newton has broken TWO significant rookie QB records and should clearly be invited to the Pro Bowl as the third QB, NOT Alex Smith. NFC Pro Bowl QB's should be: 1. Aaron Rogers, 2.Drew Brees and 3.Cam Newton! While the AFC should surely invite Andy Dalton as a back up behind. Brady and Rivers! Dude... I know football!

Let's face it, as long as Gabbert, Ponder and Tebow are starter's their teams will not grow and become playoff legit competitive. Even though Denver is a win away from securing a Wild Card spot, it's because of their solid defensive play and a rejuvenated Willis Megahee, Not TEBLOW! Denver must beat the Chiefs and then go on the road as a wild card team! And I put a few bucks on it to say they'll be heading right back home after the game!

In Short... Ponder blows chucks, like when I eat burritos! Webb should get a solid opportunity with what he's done for Minnesota next season! Ponder should seek a CFL opportunity or maybe go on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Playing QB in the NCAA is like duck hunting with a shogun, while playing QB in the NFL is like hunting Lions, Sharks and Polar Bears with a pocket knife... A whole lot of them just can't man up and become the prey, instead of the predator!

Sponsor

Sponsor

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Littleware wrote:Even though Denver is a win away from securing a Wild Card spot

Haha bro they're a win away from a division title. ;)
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:21 pm

It may not be all his fault but Ponder is a turnover machine. That is his fault. Webb just seems to not turn it over and move the offense. Ponder seems incapable of doing this. If I were the vikings I'd try to draft RG3. He is a better passer than Webb and is fast as hell. Ponder was drafted so high because the vikings panicked with the QB's being picked and picked him. Stupid pick.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:24 am

Littleware wrote:Don't Tell Mr. Newton that hi$t!

It is extremely rare to come across a rookie QB like Cam Newton. He is one in a thousand. No rookie is comparable to Newton. That's like comparing Andy Dalton to Peyton Manning. As for Ponder not doing well as a rookie, might I point out John Elway? I'm not saying he is going to turn out like Elway, but you can't throw a QB under the bus for having a poor rookie season.

Littleware wrote:Like hell you can't! He's booboo!
Okay, we're done. If you can't come up with logical arguments, and instead have to resort to "He suckz because he does", then there's really nothing to say.

NFLVICK7 wrote:Webb just seems to not turn it over and move the offense.

Kind of like Tebow?

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:30 pm

NickyJ wrote:
Littleware wrote:Don't Tell Mr. Newton that hi$t!

It is extremely rare to come across a rookie QB like Cam Newton. He is one in a thousand. No rookie is comparable to Newton. That's like comparing Andy Dalton to Peyton Manning. As for Ponder not doing well as a rookie, might I point out John Elway? I'm not saying he is going to turn out like Elway, but you can't throw a QB under the bus for having a poor rookie season.

Littleware wrote:Like hell you can't! He's booboo!
Okay, we're done. If you can't come up with logical arguments, and instead have to resort to "He suckz because he does", then there's really nothing to say.

NFLVICK7 wrote:Webb just seems to not turn it over and move the offense.

Kind of like Tebow?

No there is a huge difference between Webb and Tebow. Webb is first off a better passer than Tebow. And he moves the ball throughout the game. Tebow can't. He just puts together a drive or two late in the 4th, after his defense has held the other team to a low score and gets all the credit for it. Or his Kicker kicking ridiculously long FG's. And Tebow still gets all the credit.

Plus Tebow has been a turnover machine the last two games. His horrible passing MIGHT be catching up to him.

Webb is faster than tebow has a stronger arm, and to me is more accurate. Tebow barely moves the offense throughout the game.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:25 pm

@ NickyJ, We're talking about an NFL Quarterback who really can't get it done. I'm not saying "He suckz because he suckz... I'm saying he sucks because of the poor decisions he makes every game. I'm only stating MO based on his factual game performances, extremely low QB rating and blow hard stats.

Everyone as a right to their opinion. Everyone has a favorite, mine are the KC Chiefs forever. No matter how bad they are, I won't make excuses for them as to why they're bad. To me they've lost their offensive identity and play poor defense. They don't tackle well and the offense needed a QB (I never jumped on the Matt Cassel band wagon). Now that Orton is there, next season has hope!

But back to the controversy, Webb is the best option for the Vikings and he has the mediocre stats better than Ponder's to prove my statement(s). Will the staff gives him a legit shot, who know's! But it will be sad if they stick with guy who clearly isn't up to NFL speed and hasn't found his way with reading defenses and has a dismal out look! just my opinion!

I won't even start on Teblow!

And... Andy Dalton had a better rookie season than Peyton Manning did! Manning was 2-15. Dalton lead his team to a playoff bid! And no you can't compare the two, But Andy has a bright future!

And finally... Nope you can't throw him under he bus, the coach threw him to the wolves, but he chose to throw himself under the bus instead!

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:02 pm

No there is a huge difference between Webb and Tebow. Webb is first off a better passer than Tebow. And he moves the ball throughout the game. Tebow can't. He just puts together a drive or two late in the 4th, after his defense has held the other team to a low score and gets all the credit for it. Or his Kicker kicking ridiculously long FG's. And Tebow still gets all the credit.

Plus Tebow has been a turnover machine the last two games. His horrible passing MIGHT be catching up to him.

Webb is faster than tebow has a stronger arm, and to me is more accurate. Tebow barely moves the offense throughout the game.

I would say that Tebow and Webb are about the same. They both can run great and their throwing accuracy is terrible.
Late in the game they can move their offenses well enough to come back and win. And both don't throw many interceptions.
You people have to understand that rookies have bad games, like:
Joe Webb played poorly against the Bears and the Lions last year.
I remember Cam Newton having a really bad game once this year.
Tebow had bad games against the Lions and the Bills.
Ponder had bad games against the Raiders, Lions, Saints..... :(
And Andy had his bad games too.
You have to give these rookies time to develop, so when they are veterans they don't have these bad games. It's too early to evaluate some of them.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Danchat wrote:

I would say that Tebow and Webb are about the same. They both can run great and their throwing accuracy is terrible.
Late in the game they can move their offenses well enough to come back and win. And both don't throw many interceptions.
You have to give these rookies time to develop, so when they are veterans they don't have these bad games. It's too early to evaluate some of them.

But Dalton and Newton have had a lot of good games. Ponder has not.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Danchat wrote:

With that being said let's look at the overall numbers for 4 QB's: Plus one Notable!

1. Cam Newton - 14th overall QB rating with a 85.0. and completed 60 % of his passes ranking 16th overall. Not to mention 2 rookie records - 1. Most passing yards by a rookie 3,893 and 2. Most rushing TD's for a QB with 14 (vets included). Also note Cam is second in rushing touchdowns for all players including RB's! 20 TD's and 16 picks thrown! and Rushed for 674 yards!

2. Andy Dalton - 16th overall QB rating with 81.8 and completed 58.9 % of his passes ranking 21st overall. Andy did throw for over 3100 yards. 20 TD's against 13 picks. Not bad for a noob!

Now for the bad news:

3. Christian Ponder - 29th overall QB Rating with a 72.4 and completed 54.8 % of his passes ranking again 29th. Ponder threw 13 TD's and 12 picks.

4. Tim Tebow - 25th overall QB Rating with a 75.9 and completed 48.0 % of his passes ranking DEAD last, 33rd! He threw 12 TD's against 6 picks while rushing for 644 with 6 TD's!

Notable: Joe Webb - 103.7 overall QB rating, completed 54.8 % of his passes 17 for 31. 3 TD's, 0 picks. 2 Rush TD's averaging 8.4 yard on 18 carries, longest rush 65 yards! He's nothing like Tim Tebow as someone mentioned!

Ponder didn't have a few bad games, he had a bad season. While, Tim Tebow's season was highly exaggerated and over publicized to say the least!

Ball don't lie!

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:18 pm

There's a lot of good points here from both sides but to say you have a great enough body of work in Webb's 31 attempts is just plain dumb ass :roll: you put him in there for as long as Ponder has been and he'll have less picks but they'll still be there.

Oh and did anyone else notice that Tebow has a better rushing yards per game than Newton? I thought that was strange.
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”