Controversy ?

NFLVICK7
MVP

Re: Controversy ?

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:16 pm

superben21 wrote:There's a lot of good points here from both sides but to say you have a great enough body of work in Webb's 31 attempts is just plain dumb ass :roll: you put him in there for as long as Ponder has been and he'll have less picks but they'll still be there.

Oh and did anyone else notice that Tebow has a better rushing yards per game than Newton? I thought that was strange.

Tebows can't pass thats why. Hisoffense is built around the run. Cam Broke the Passing yards record. Cam could shatter Vick's rushing yard record for a QB if he really wanted too. But he is doing it the right way. Pass first run second.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Sponsor

Sponsor

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:10 pm

superben21 wrote:There's a lot of good points here from both sides but to say you have a great enough body of work in Webb's 31 attempts is just plain dumb ass :roll: you put him in there for as long as Ponder has been and he'll have less picks but they'll still be there.
The point is, "Webb's great enough body of work" as you put it, should have earned him a few more starts or a solid look which he never got! It's the offensive coordinator who designs the offense based on personnel. Just as the Broncos "dummied down" the play book for Tebow, Minnesota could have went in a similar fashion catering to Webb's strengths. And frankly, sb21, Webb did have a great body of work. If you put those numbers in a single game... Wow! But their not, we understand that. The numbers came in between snaps from the other QB's faltering, mostly Ponder. The coordinator tried to get a spark, instead of building a fire! Who's to say, next year Ponder may come into is own and be better! But we're talking about right now!

Oh and did anyone else notice that Tebow has a better rushing yards per game than Newton? I thought that was strange.
Stop it... just stop it! We're talking about QB's not RB's. I only quoted QB stats, and threw in a few tid-bits not my fantasy league!

Tebow having a better rushing yards per game only mean that the OC called more runs for him hoping he'd capitalize on them. Knowing full well what we already know... He can't pass effectively slingin it 30 plus times per game! Did you mention that Cam threw for 400+ in his first two NFL starts? Surely you know there is no controversy between Cam and Tim!?! We're on Ponder at the moment... well I'm done!

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 pm

Littleware wrote:

The point is, "Webb's great enough body of work" as you put it, should have earned him a few more starts or a solid look which he never got! It's the offensive coordinator who designs the offense based on personnel. Just as the Broncos "dummied down" the play book for Tebow, Minnesota could have went in a similar fashion catering to Webb's strengths. And frankly, sb21, Webb did have a great body of work. If you put those numbers in a single game... Wow! But their not, we understand that. The numbers came in between snaps from the other QB's faltering, mostly Ponder. The coordinator tried to get a spark, instead of building a fire! Who's to say, next year Ponder may come into is own and be better! But we're talking about right now!

You listed he was 17 of 31 this season I do believe. It should have earned him more time. But your making it sound like the guy has no flaws. Even if you put those numbers in a single game its not a great body of work bro! You need a good amount of games under his belt not just a single little stat line. I def agree he should get a better chance especially after what I saw of him last year. He's got some wheels, not to sure about his arm though, I haven't seen him enough. Same with Ponder, I don't get to see him. All I saw was his first start against the Packers we're he actually did well :o so I'm not ready to trash him yet.

Littleware wrote:
superben21 wrote:Oh and did anyone else notice that Tebow has a better rushing yards per game than Newton? I thought that was strange.
Stop it... just stop it! We're talking about QB's not RB's. I only quoted QB stats, and threw in a few tid-bits not my fantasy league!

Tebow having a better rushing yards per game only mean that the OC called more runs for him hoping he'd capitalize on them. Knowing full well what we already know... He can't pass effectively slingin it 30 plus times per game! Did you mention that Cam threw for 400+ in his first two NFL starts? Surely you know there is no controversy between Cam and Tim!?! We're on Ponder at the moment... well I'm done!

Yeah but Tebow's played like 9 or 10? games and I didn't think he had that much, chill dude.

Question for all. Is Tebow clutch? :P This takes us back to the Sanchez and Alex Smith Convo.
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:51 pm

superben21 wrote:
Littleware wrote:

You listed he was 17 of 31 this season I do believe. It should have earned him more time. But your making it sound like the guy has no flaws. Even if you put those numbers in a single game its not a great body of work bro! You need a good amount of games under his belt not just a single little stat line. I def agree he should get a better chance especially after what I saw of him last year. He's got some wheels, not to sure about his arm though, I haven't seen him enough. Same with Ponder, I don't get to see him. All I saw was his first start against the Packers we're he actually did well :o so I'm not ready to trash him yet.

Littleware wrote:
superben21 wrote:Oh and did anyone else notice that Tebow has a better rushing yards per game than Newton? I thought that was strange.

Yeah but Tebow's played like 9 or 10? games and I didn't think he had that much, chill dude.

Question for all. Is Tebow clutch? :P This takes us back to the Sanchez and Alex Smith Convo.

I will give Tebow that. He is clutch.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:06 pm

@ sb21, what's with the "Chill dude"?!? I'm not one of your friends, nor one of your children, if you have any. And definitely not your "bro". So "Chill your dam self". If you have to resort to immature remarks, keep them to yourself. I'm not interested. Normally when a person can't say anything definitively factual about a discussion, they normally say something foolish or childish in their biased defense due to of lack of knowledge. Either stay on topic and keep it clean! Or don't say anything, especially stupid things to make yourself standout! You're words are yours, they don't move me at all! I just wanted to let you know! And please spare me the internet tough guy thug crap! It's a waste of your time! The topic is a controversy of whether Minnesota should go with Webb or Ponder, nothing more!

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:09 pm

Littleware wrote:@ sb21, what's with the "Chill dude"?!? I'm not one of your friends, nor one of your children, if you have any. And definitely not your "bro". So "Chill your dam self". If you have to resort to immature remarks, keep them to yourself. I'm not interested. Normally when a person can't say anything definitively factual about a discussion, they normally say something foolish or childish in their biased defense due to of lack of knowledge. Either stay on topic and keep it clean! Or don't say anything, especially stupid things to make yourself standout! You're words are yours, they don't move me at all! I just wanted to let you know! And please spare me the internet tough guy thug crap! It's a waste of your time! The topic is a controversy of whether Minnesota should go with Webb or Ponder, nothing more!

This is off topic but "chill dude" is in no way offensive or immature or an insult in anyway. I mean it really isn't.
It really just should not be taken offensively. Just sayin.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:12 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:
Littleware wrote:@ sb21, what's with the "Chill dude"?!? I'm not one of your friends, nor one of your children, if you have any. And definitely not your "bro". So "Chill your dam self". If you have to resort to immature remarks, keep them to yourself. I'm not interested. Normally when a person can't say anything definitively factual about a discussion, they normally say something foolish or childish in their biased defense due to of lack of knowledge. Either stay on topic and keep it clean! Or don't say anything, especially stupid things to make yourself standout! You're words are yours, they don't move me at all! I just wanted to let you know! And please spare me the internet tough guy thug crap! It's a waste of your time! The topic is a controversy of whether Minnesota should go with Webb or Ponder, nothing more!

This is off topic but "chill dude" is in no way offensive or immature or an insult in anyway. I mean it really isn't.

That's you, you don't speak for me... I said what I felt and that's that!

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Littleware wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:

Uhh Ok. If that offends you thats cool. Funny but cool.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:46 am

NFLVICK7 wrote:
Littleware wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:This is off topic but "chill dude" is in no way offensive or immature or an insult in anyway. I mean it really isn't.

Uhh Ok. If that offends you thats cool. Funny but cool.

"Chill dude," "take a chill pill," etc. never bother me. What bothers me is if someone says my work sucks or calls me "crap for brains" or something similar. And even that doesn't bother me too much. I know I'm smart. No one else can change my outlook on that. "Chill out" is probably one of the least offensive things I can think of. It's akin to "calm down" or "ease up."

Anyway, can we get back on topic now? Who's the worst of the young quarterbacks in the NFL? I still say the Big Gabbs. They should have never cut Garrard. If you want to talk about controversies, the only one I can think of is the Ponder/Webb situation. Maybe in a year it'll be the Hasselbeck/Locker situation.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:22 am

Kolb/Skelton. Kolb has been nothing but a joke his entire NFL career. Why people still think he can be a good NFL QB is beyond me. I watched this bum while he was in philly. And I was so mad when Reid made him the starter to start last season. When he got hurt I know its bad but I got excited. Because I knew my boy Vick was coming to take over. Anyway back to Kolb. He is a plain bum. People think he can be an NFL QB but not Tyrod Taylor? Really? Tyrod was awesome in the preseason. Kolb has never been awesome. Not even in Reids QB friendly system. Cardinals were dumb for trading DRC n a draft pick for him, then signing him to that contract.

Also Oakland has something to think about. Palmer/Campbell Palmer has been pedestrian this year, and has been the last few years. He just isn't the elite QB he once was. Campbell was having a good year b4 the injury and seemed to really fit their system and had good chemistry with the WR's

They were dumb for getting Palmer, I know they'll keep him because of what they gave up. Bad move.

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”