Brace Yourselves.

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10343
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Postby RevanFan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:I'm rooting for Min. I need them to win to bring the cowboys down a game so the Giants possibly can close the gap on the NFC east/at least get a wild-card.......lol.....Where is AP when you need him argh!!!!! I hope he's playing this game they said he'd be back by December.....he's essential for minny to have any chance.....

The Giants don't need Dallas to lose to make the wild card. They're 8-3. The likelihood of them not making the wild card is slim.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:28 am

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:36 pm

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:I'm rooting for Min. I need them to win to bring the cowboys down a game so the Giants possibly can close the gap on the NFC east/at least get a wild-card.......lol.....Where is AP when you need him argh!!!!! I hope he's playing this game they said he'd be back by December.....he's essential for minny to have any chance.....

The Giants don't need Dallas to lose to make the wild card. They're 8-3. The likelihood of them not making the wild card is slim.


I'm not so sure, most seasons december is the time they choose to do an epic fail.....and lose to sucky teams they should beat.....I don't think a wild-card is guaranteed so to speak b/c of their historic trend of failing in December.....It's probably wishful thinking but I'd also like some of this Dak hype to get put down a bit....nothing against the guy but I'm tired of hearing on every damn sports show about the cowboys lol..... :D....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10343
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Postby RevanFan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:39 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:I'm rooting for Min. I need them to win to bring the cowboys down a game so the Giants possibly can close the gap on the NFC east/at least get a wild-card.......lol.....Where is AP when you need him argh!!!!! I hope he's playing this game they said he'd be back by December.....he's essential for minny to have any chance.....

The Giants don't need Dallas to lose to make the wild card. They're 8-3. The likelihood of them not making the wild card is slim.


I'm not so sure, most seasons december is the time they choose to do an epic fail.....and lose to sucky teams they should beat.....I don't think a wild-card is guaranteed so to speak b/c of their historic trend of failing in December.....It's probably wishful thinking but I'd also like some of this Dak hype to get put down a bit....nothing against the guy but I'm tired of hearing on every damn sports show about the cowboys lol..... :D....

Well, what do you expect the sports shows to talk about when they are 10-1 behind two rookies on offense?
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:28 am

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:46 pm

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:The Giants don't need Dallas to lose to make the wild card. They're 8-3. The likelihood of them not making the wild card is slim.


I'm not so sure, most seasons december is the time they choose to do an epic fail.....and lose to sucky teams they should beat.....I don't think a wild-card is guaranteed so to speak b/c of their historic trend of failing in December.....It's probably wishful thinking but I'd also like some of this Dak hype to get put down a bit....nothing against the guy but I'm tired of hearing on every damn sports show about the cowboys lol..... :D....

Well, what do you expect the sports shows to talk about when they are 10-1 behind two rookies on offense?


No offense RevanFan, but lol I don't care how good the cowboys are.....they aren't the patriots lol....some people on nutty sports shows like on NFL.com think the cowboys are going to the superbowl lol.....I think that's way premature....they may get to divisional round but heck no way they can keep up with a fast paced offense that puts up points via passing attack......they're like the Titans, can hang around with a decent run game and okay passing but if the points go up in a hurry they won't be able to keep up imo......

That defensive secondary is not going to scare anyone for dallas, if rodgers finds his game again it will be game over if they meet in the playoffs....dak is not romo....b/c romo can make reads faster but dak has the most time in the pocket of all rookie qb's due to a great offensive line....I saw the stat on nfl.com it said he was given the most time/protection compared to other rookie qb's/veterans.....If someone like Seattle with a great defense comes to town and throws exotic blitzes dak will crumble.... jmo.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

User avatar
JSamuel
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:39 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Postby JSamuel » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:04 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
I'm not so sure, most seasons december is the time they choose to do an epic fail.....and lose to sucky teams they should beat.....I don't think a wild-card is guaranteed so to speak b/c of their historic trend of failing in December.....It's probably wishful thinking but I'd also like some of this Dak hype to get put down a bit....nothing against the guy but I'm tired of hearing on every damn sports show about the cowboys lol..... :D....

Well, what do you expect the sports shows to talk about when they are 10-1 behind two rookies on offense?


No offense RevanFan, but lol I don't care how good the cowboys are.....they aren't the patriots lol....some people on nutty sports shows like on NFL.com think the cowboys are going to the superbowl lol.....I think that's way premature....they may get to divisional round but heck no way they can keep up with a fast paced offense that puts up points via passing attack......they're like the Titans, can hang around with a decent run game and okay passing but if the points go up in a hurry they won't be able to keep up imo......

That defensive secondary is not going to scare anyone for dallas, if rodgers finds his game again it will be game over if they meet in the playoffs....dak is not romo....b/c romo can make reads faster but dak has the most time in the pocket of all rookie qb's due to a great offensive line....I saw the stat on nfl.com it said he was given the most time/protection compared to other rookie qb's/veterans.....If someone like Seattle with a great defense comes to town and throws exotic blitzes dak will crumble.... jmo.....

I hate to say this but... the Cowboys kind of are the Patriots this year. As a matter of fact, the Cowboys are 10-1 and the Patriots are 9-2

Dallas has Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliot, Jason Witten, a bunch of awesome receivers, a reliable secondary, and Jerry Jones. They are destined for greatness.
Image

User avatar
NickyJ
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Postby NickyJ » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:16 pm

JSamuel wrote:I hate to say this but... the Cowboys kind of are the Patriots this year. As a matter of fact, the Cowboys are 10-1 and the Patriots are 9-2

Dallas certainly is threatening, but I can't help but trust the Patriots' experience to end up lasting over the Cowboys. The Patriots didn't get to be where they are without beating a few powerhouses in their time. A rookie QB and RB wouldn't be the hardest challenge they've had.

JSamuel wrote:Dallas has Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliot, Jason Witten, a bunch of awesome receivers, a reliable secondary, and Jerry Jones. They are destined for greatness.

You say that as if that's he's actually supposed be help the team get further lol. The best thing that Jerry has done is back away. Stephen Jones is the one who needs credit for being able to keep Jerry in check. Last I heard, Jerry was still disappointed on 'missing out' on Manziel.
Image

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10343
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Postby RevanFan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

NickyJ wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Dallas has Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliot, Jason Witten, a bunch of awesome receivers, a reliable secondary, and Jerry Jones. They are destined for greatness.

You say that as if that's he's actually supposed be help the team get further lol. The best thing that Jerry has done is back away. Stephen Jones is the one who needs credit for being able to keep Jerry in check. Last I heard, Jerry was still disappointed on 'missing out' on Manziel.

Actually, earlier this year, in the offseason, Jerry said in an interview, (note: this is paraphrasing, but the general message and sentiment were the same) "I thank Stephen and Jason for not listening to me there. I think we ended up doing better than I could have thought." Those aren't the exact words, but it's very close to what he said. It was too long ago for me to remember the exact words. He has without a doubt accepted that Martin is a thousand times better than Manziel, and when Manziel was released, Jerry and Stephen were both asked if they would sign him or work him out. Jerry said, "I think we're good with what we have right now." Stephen said, "No. That's not happening."
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
NickyJ
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Postby NickyJ » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:00 pm

That's definitely an improvement. I'd still chalk it up to Stephen, though. He steered them clear of Manziel from the start, and I'm fairly certain that Stephen had to deal with his father to keep him from making more high risk signings like they did all through last decade. Washington had to go the same route when we signed Scot McCloughan as our GM: Scot had to have it out with Dan Snyder to bench RG3 last year. Ever since then, we've had smooth sailing. The owners aren't likely to suddenly change their tune. Someone else has to make it happen.
Image

User avatar
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:28 am

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:35 am

NickyJ wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I hate to say this but... the Cowboys kind of are the Patriots this year. As a matter of fact, the Cowboys are 10-1 and the Patriots are 9-2

Dallas certainly is threatening, but I can't help but trust the Patriots' experience to end up lasting over the Cowboys. The Patriots didn't get to be where they are without beating a few powerhouses in their time. A rookie QB and RB wouldn't be the hardest challenge they've had.

JSamuel wrote:Dallas has Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliot, Jason Witten, a bunch of awesome receivers, a reliable secondary, and Jerry Jones. They are destined for greatness.

You say that as if that's he's actually supposed be help the team get further lol. The best thing that Jerry has done is back away. Stephen Jones is the one who needs credit for being able to keep Jerry in check. Last I heard, Jerry was still disappointed on 'missing out' on Manziel.


I agree with you NickyJ, the patriots have had consistent success for well over a decade, while the cowboys are here and there with making the playoffs/dominating other teams....

Squeaking by minnesota today is not a dominant team they are lucky lol....17-15 win is not dominance I don't care how good Dak or Elliot are that type of margin won't win in the playoffs consistently....

Min had a lot of chances to win today but that punt fumble really hurt in the end and was the difference in the game really.

Plus that defense has the same core that stunk it up for almost 2 years now, and thanks to the running back and clock winding it masks their deficiencies but if someone piles up points on Dallas they will not be able to keep up....scandrick and church are sub-par players at best and if someone goes deep on them with a good receiver like a Julio Jones or even a big guy TE like Gronkowski they will get owned bad.....

Stephen Jones has a better feel for being a GM than Jerry who thinks more with his heart and not with his head whereas stephen makes good logical sound moves.....taking Martin over Manziel was a good solid move and good ROI (return on investment) whereas Johnny flameout is in rehab now.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

User avatar
JSamuel
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:39 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Brace Yourselves.

Postby JSamuel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:49 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Squeaking by minnesota today is not a dominant team they are lucky lol....17-15 win is not dominance I don't care how good Dak or Elliot are that type of margin won't win in the playoffs consistently....

Yes, but one game doesn't prove anything. The Patriots got by the Jets in a very close game: 22-17, and they lost to the Seahawks. That's not consistency, or at least it's not the consistency the Cowboys have shown.

I don't care what the final scores of games are, because if you are 11-1, it means you've won 11 games. You've won 11 games out of 12. You don't win 11 games out of 12 if you are an inconsistent team. That just doesn't happen.

Yes, the Cowboys have two inexperienced rookies, and there are tough times ahead for sure. But the fact is, those two rookies have gotten Dallas the best record in the NFL this year, and it wasn't because of luck or chance. The Cowboys are for real.
Image


Return to “Minnesota Vikings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest