There is a problem. And it's glaring.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:22 pm

We've hit a new low already. I know that we can't fix this O-line, but come on. Fire the O-line coach or something. The defense has lost it's swagger too.
Not in the mood to rant. Open thread. Talk about this game.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: There is a problem. And it's glaring.

Postby Danchat » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:37 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:We've hit a new low already. I know that we can't fix this O-line, but come on. Fire the O-line coach or something. The defense has lost it's swagger too.
Not in the mood to rant. Open thread. Talk about this game.

I could rant too, but I'm not going to... but in short the Vikings O-line is made up of human turnstiles. I'd like to see some replay footage of RT T. J. Clemmings getting whipped on every single play.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:22 am

I feel you. The Patriots offensive line sucks too.

And I just read we traded OL Josh Kline to the Eagles for defensive back Eric Rowe. So yeah, it's getting even worse. :cry:

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:28 pm

What blows me away, not just with the Vikes.. teams with bad O-lines continue to send 4 receivers out regardless. They're hellbent on throwing the ball even if they can't protect their QB. STUPID. Just bad football. The spread is the worst thing to happen to this League.

I think the next trend in the NFL will be good old smashmouth downhill football. Just load up with roadgraders and maul these whimpy @ss defenses that have no idea what it is to tackle.

.. I still think the Vikes win the division again, although they may do it at 10-6 instead of 12-4. The Packers have way too many problems to be a real threat, and the Lions? Please.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:02 pm

AaronS wrote:What blows me away, not just with the Vikes.. teams with bad O-lines continue to send 4 receivers out regardless. They're hellbent on throwing the ball even if they can't protect their QB. STUPID.

An offensive line is one of the most valuable aspects of a football team. Without a good one, you can't pass, throw, or even kick and punt. Teams need to figure that out.

AaronS wrote:Just load up with roadgraders and maul these whimpy @ss defenses that have no idea what it is to tackle.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:57 pm

This is pretty much all I have for the game:

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:25 pm

JSamuel wrote:An offensive line is one of the most valuable aspects of a football team. Without a good one, you can't pass, throw, or even kick and punt. Teams need to figure that out.

John Madden has a legendary quote in some of these Madden games, probably '02 through '06/'07.
Possibly '08, also.....just haven't heard, or noticed it yet.

"Give the boys up-front credit. Without them, NOBODY gets into the endzone" - John Madden

I have always felt that the offensive lineman are the toughest men in the NFL.
They literally, get the sh%@ kicked out of them by the #2 toughest men in the league for the entire game.
Big, fast, agile, and insanely strong dudes come at them with a barrage of attacks every play , but they can't really defend themselves without a penalty.
They have to take all that punishment to protect the QB and RB.
Big hits by defensive players are always fun to watch.
But, I absolutely love it when an O-Lineman blows up a DE, or LB to spring his running back.
Good stuff.
Them hogs, man. Give them mad props.

P.S.
I heard Larry Allen, the Hall of Fame O-lineman for the Cowboys, could bench-press 700lbs.
I would believe it, that dude was a frickin' specimen...but does anyone know if that is true?? Or embellished??

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:05 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
JSamuel wrote:An offensive line is one of the most valuable aspects of a football team. Without a good one, you can't pass, throw, or even kick and punt. Teams need to figure that out.

John Madden has a legendary quote in some of these Madden games, probably '02 through '06/'07.
Possibly '08, also.....just haven't heard, or noticed it yet.

"Give the boys up-front credit. Without them, NOBODY gets into the endzone" - John Madden

I have always felt that the offensive lineman are the toughest men in the NFL.
They literally, get the sh%@ kicked out of them by the #2 toughest men in the league for the entire game.
Big, fast, agile, and insanely strong dudes come at them with a barrage of attacks every play , but they can't really defend themselves without a penalty.
They have to take all that punishment to protect the QB and RB.
Big hits by defensive players are always fun to watch.
But, I absolutely love it when an O-Lineman blows up a DE, or LB to spring his running back.
Good stuff.
Them hogs, man. Give them mad props.

P.S.
I heard Larry Allen, the Hall of Fame O-lineman for the Cowboys, could bench-press 700lbs.
I would believe it, that dude was a frickin' specimen...but does anyone know if that is true?? Or embellished??

Yes, I've heard that John Madden quote in Madden 08. I think offensive linemen deserve more credit than they get. Running backs and quarterbacks are important, but it's the O-line who really makes the play.

Here's your video evidence for the 700lb bench press: (This dude is a horse).

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:23 pm

JSamuel wrote:I feel you. The Patriots offensive line sucks too.

And I just read we traded OL Josh Kline to the Eagles for defensive back Eric Rowe. So yeah, it's getting even worse. :cry:

My apologies, but have you been living under a rock? :shock:

Josh Kline was cut by the Pats back in early September. They traded a future 4th for Eric Rowe soon after. You didn't even notice Rowe was starting on your own team..?
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:56 pm

ycleped wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I feel you. The Patriots offensive line sucks too.

My apologies, but have you been living under a rock? :shock:

Josh Kline was cut by the Pats back in early September. They traded a future 4th for Eric Rowe soon after. You didn't even notice Rowe was starting on your own team..?

I don't play much attention to the players on the offensive line. I probably should, I just don't.

Somehow I saw that in the news just now... Hmmm...

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”