There is a problem. And it's glaring.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: There is a problem. And it's glaring.

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:52 am

JSamuel wrote:Here's your video evidence for the 700lb bench press: (This dude is a horse).

Spoiler:

I'm speechless....

Sponsor

Sponsor

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:34 pm

That is a bit shocking for Turner to suddenly resign. I've thought of Turner's system there as being one of the most elegant in the NFL for years.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:40 pm

moonbax wrote:That is a bit shocking for Turner to suddenly resign. I've thought of Turner's system there as being one of the most elegant in the NFL for years.

You might be surprised that a lot of Vikings fans don't like Turner's offense. This might be a big boost for the offense, thought it depends how much Shurmur will change up things.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Was walking into my Period 3 class when someone shouted the news. Norv's a nice guy, but...

The day of liberation has come.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:22 pm

I would imagine Zimmers issues with Norv had to revolve around pass protection.. but what guarantee is there Shurmur will be better?

His resume seems pretty sketchy. The Eagles were a top 10 offense in his first go-round there.. but nobody is gonna debate anyone but Andy Reid was the brainchild. Then it was on to St Louis, Cleveland, and then to Chip Kelly... YIKES!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:32 am

Norv Turner is not a winner, that being said, he makes stellar offensive plays for his running backs like when with LT in san diego, he really gets great stats/production from his offenses.....but as a coach when it matters (playoffs) for whatever reason he just can't get it done and his playcalling becomes very predictable once DC's figure out his tendencies.....

They need a new OC with a focus more on short passing/run game then only run game or extreme passing(looking at you mike martz)
their short passing is very effective with stefon diggs, mix in a decent run game and they could manage a game very well with a slow clock burning drive that wears out Defenses....if it's a shootout they will lose b/c Offensive talent is not there other than peterson, diggs, and rudolph the rest are just meh.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:07 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Norv Turner is not a winner, that being said, he makes stellar offensive plays for his running backs like when with LT in san diego, he really gets great stats/production from his offenses.....but as a coach when it matters (playoffs) for whatever reason he just can't get it done and his playcalling becomes very predictable once DC's figure out his tendencies.....

Norv's offense won back-to-back Super Bowls ('92-'93 Cowboys)

.. He could be credited for 3. Ernie Zampese was his successor and won another ring running the same offense.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:16 pm

It's all in what you have to work with as well. Look at what he had to work with when he won those Superbowls. Not saying that he is a bad OC, but I think there is more to it than just the man at the top.
I agree with the comments about the O-line. If the boys up front aren't stars then your QB is going the spend a lot of time scrambling or on his back side.

In the final analysis, it is a sad day in Minnesota! 5-3 after starting the season 5-0.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:38 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:It's all in what you have to work with as well. Look at what he had to work with when he won those Superbowls. Not saying that he is a bad OC, but I think there is more to it than just the man at the top.

Fair enough, and I agree, but the statement he wasn't a winner isn't true. The simple Fact is, he did win Super Bowls.

That team probably could have won, and DID win with someone else after Norv moved on. But I'll tell you right now, I've heard Troy Aikman say more than once Norv was a key for that offense. Not just in the context of propping up his guy, literally crediting Norv with some of the greatness of that offense.

I credit the O-line, myself, just a disgusting amount of talent. But somebody has to conduct the orchestra.

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”