Vikings at 3-0

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Vikings at 3-0

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Man, I did not expect this. The Vikings defense looks like the second coming of the Purple People Eaters. Every QB that has received "Worst QB of the Week" from PFF so far was a QB who played against the Vikings. I think we're ready.

Vikings at 3-0

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Vikings at 3-0

Postby Danchat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:21 pm

You know what this Vikings-Panthers game reminded me of? The Broncos-Panthers super bowl. The Broncos won with 9 sacks with a dominating defense and prevailed 24-10... doesn't that score sound a bit familiar?

This defense is amazing and it basically doesn't have any below-average starter playing (depending on how you see S Andrew Sendejo). The defense is elite and ready to win a super bowl. The offense has been ravaged by injuries but they're holding together. I don't know if the offense will be good enough to get this team deep in the playoffs... but there's no doubt that the Vikings are one of the best in the NFC.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:12 pm

Danchat wrote:You know what this Vikings-Panthers game reminded me of? The Broncos-Panthers super bowl. The Broncos won with 9 sacks with a dominating defense and prevailed 24-10... doesn't that score sound a bit familiar?

This defense is amazing and it basically doesn't have any below-average starter playing (depending on how you see S Andrew Sendejo). The defense is elite and ready to win a super bowl. The offense has been ravaged by injuries but they're holding together. I don't know if the offense will be good enough to get this team deep in the playoffs... but there's no doubt that the Vikings are one of the best in the NFC.

Yeah, once the Vikings' offense get healthy, they're super bowl bound.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
Danchat wrote:You know what this Vikings-Panthers game reminded me of? The Broncos-Panthers super bowl. The Broncos won with 9 sacks with a dominating defense and prevailed 24-10... doesn't that score sound a bit familiar?

Yeah, once the Vikings' offense get healthy, they're super bowl bound.

Well the thing is, Bridgewater, Peterson, and Kalil are all on the IR and only Peterson might return. So they're not going to "get" healthy. They just need to "stay" healthy. (though to be fair Kalil's subtraction is probably a good thing)
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

jedi4hire
All-Pro

Postby jedi4hire » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:30 pm

The Vi-kings are really good (and young).

What do Everson Griffen, Sharrif Floyd, Linval Joseph, Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Xavier Rhodes, and Harrison Smith all have in common? (besides playing defense on the same team) They're all guys who I really liked coming out of college. And they've added good veterans too like Captain Munneryln and Terrence Newman (and Andre Smith and Alex Boone on the OL) to go with leaders who have been Vikings their entire career like Chad Greenway and Brian Robison.

They have an underrated quarterback in Sam Bradford and of course Stefon Diggs and Kyle Rudolph. They have (even more) fresh young talent with the likes of Laquon Treadwell, Charles Johnson, TJ Clemmings, Trae Waynes, and Danielle Hunter. Cordarrelle Patterson may not be all they hoped for, but he still provides them with a good return man.

It wouldn't be possible to assemble such a talented team without a great front office and Rick Spielman is one of the best GM's in the league. I think there will be even more evidence of this down the road when guys like Willie Beavers are getting starting jobs.

And they have an excellent coaching staff, starting with the man Mike Zimmer, but most or all of their coordinators are good too. (including one that is my cousins uncle :D )

I just named 40% of their roster without even mentioning Adrian Peterson or Teddy Bridgewater :) .... I guess I'm a pretty big fan of the Vikings.
"Our vegetables are hand tossed through a cascade of water and chopped in mid air"

Browns customer service
Why the browns Don't have a website
they can't string three W's together :cry:

When the Browns win the Super Bowl?
close Madden :roll:

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:37 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:Man, I did not expect this. The Vikings defense looks like the second coming of the Purple People Eaters. Every QB that has received "Worst QB of the Week" from PFF so far was a QB who played against the Vikings. I think we're ready.

Yeah, Sam Bradford was definitely a surprise. I knew he would be good, but I never could have imagined what I saw in Week 2.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:19 am

That's a pretty good mark especially for losing AP, I'm going on the record to say that they will win the NFC North title this year and GB will be in the wild-card spot in the playoffs......I think defenses are catching up to Aaron Rodgers and McCarthy's offense and now know their tendencies better than compared to the vikings who have been known more of as a run first team but this year are forced to be more balanced with more passing from bradford and diggs excellent route running.....

This team can go very far if bradford does game management throws like favre did in 2009 and the defense is stout for 4 quarters every game.....they can go to the divisional round of the playoffs at least.....mike zimmer is an excellent coach....good job vikes!
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:32 pm

I knew the Vikings were going to strong this season, but it has been outright domination so far. I'm just kind of disappointed that Vikings and Broncos don't face off against each other this season. It would be awfully interesting contest.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:56 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:That's a pretty good mark especially for losing AP, I'm going on the record to say that they will win the NFC North title this year and GB will be in the wild-card spot in the playoffs......I think defenses are catching up to Aaron Rodgers and McCarthy's offense and now know their tendencies better than compared to the vikings who have been known more of as a run first team but this year are forced to be more balanced with more passing from bradford and diggs excellent route running.....

This team can go very far if bradford does game management throws like favre did in 2009 and the defense is stout for 4 quarters every game.....they can go to the divisional round of the playoffs at least.....mike zimmer is an excellent coach....good job vikes!

I'm looking forward to seeing how far the Vikings go this year. It's so fun to watch Stephen Diggs catch what seems like every pass.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:40 am

I just named 40% of their roster without even mentioning Adrian Peterson or Teddy Bridgewater :) .... I guess I'm a pretty big fan of the Vikings.

Well, I do know the names of about all the Browns offensive players. And I call myself a Browns fan. :D

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”