Poor Vikings

WhatAboutBigBob
Rookie

Re: Poor Vikings

Postby WhatAboutBigBob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:32 pm

I was a huge fan of Webb's during his college days and he even helped me to my College Fantasy Football Championship the first year I ever played it (never knew anyone had a College Fantasy Football). I personally have nothing against Ponder, I just felt at the time with Webb, we had bigger holes then the quarterback position.

I agree with you, Cliff will definitely be a steal. This is a possible top 10-15 pick who's probably going to fall out of the first round, possibly the second because of getting kicked off the team. Whoever picks him up, I won't be shocked to see him fighting for a starting job during training camp.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:02 pm

WhatAboutBigBob wrote:I was a huge fan of Webb's during his college days and he even helped me to my College Fantasy Football Championship the first year I ever played it (never knew anyone had a College Fantasy Football). I personally have nothing against Ponder, I just felt at the time with Webb, we had bigger holes then the quarterback position.

I agree with you, Cliff will definitely be a steal. This is a possible top 10-15 pick who's probably going to fall out of the first round, possibly the second because of getting kicked off the team. Whoever picks him up, I won't be shocked to see him fighting for a starting job during training camp.

Wait a second.......what if the Vikings got Kalil 3rd overall, Harris with the 2nd round pick, and a WR with the 3rd round pick.....wow this team's future would look a whole lot brighter. Harris would be guaranteed a starting job here, whether Cook is in jail or not.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

WhatAboutBigBob
Rookie

Postby WhatAboutBigBob » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:41 am

Danchat wrote:Wait a second.......what if the Vikings got Kalil 3rd overall, Harris with the 2nd round pick, and a WR with the 3rd round pick.....wow this team's future would look a whole lot brighter. Harris would be guaranteed a starting job here, whether Cook is in jail or not.

It would be nice for us to get a majority of our needs at the beginning of a class instead of the end of it. Grabbing Kalil in the first and Harris in the second would be great, but I think we could actually pick Harris up in the fourth or fifth round if needed because of his "off-the-field" issues. It would be nice to get a big receiver, someone like Jones (North Carolina), Criner (Arizona) or Streeter (Miami). As much as I love Jones, and I really would love him on the team.. Streeter's combination of size and speed reminds me of Randy Moss. Of no way shape or form am I comparing him to Randy though, but Streeter's 6'5", 215lbs and runs a 4.3 40 time. He's a burner and will get physical if needed.

This is how I would love our draft to go in some way shape or form.

1. Matt Kalil OT
2. Cody Glenn OG (projected as a late 1st, early 2nd)
3. Tommy Streeter WR
4. Kheeston Randall DT (projected as a late 3rd, early 4th)
5. Cliff Harris CB (projected as a third day pick because of "off-the-field" issues)
6. Stephen Good G (projected as a late 5th, early 6th because of an injury)
7. Ben Bojicic C (projceted between the 5th and 7th)
7. Matt Merletti SS (projected as a 6th-to-undrafted due to being injury prone)

The reason my draft looks like that is because we need to solidify that offensive line. Charlie Johnson just didn't cut it at right tackle, Hutchinson has said he's going to retire once his contract is up, you never know which Herrera is going to show up and I can't stand Sullivan. The pick of Tommy Streeter is to get us our big time outside receiver to help opening up the middle for Percy some more, Randall is to push the other defensive tackles on the roster and possibly take over once Williams retires. The Merletti pick is just because that's a solid value pick in the 7th round and could push our other safeties.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah Harris probably won't go till the 4th round at the earliest. I mean he would be a steal in the 2nd round, but he won't get drafted that high.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:05 pm

WhatAboutBigBob wrote:
It would be nice for us to get a majority of our needs at the beginning of a class instead of the end of it. Grabbing Kalil in the first and Harris in the second would be great, but I think we could actually pick Harris up in the fourth or fifth round if needed because of his "off-the-field" issues. It would be nice to get a big receiver, someone like Jones (North Carolina), Criner (Arizona) or Streeter (Miami). As much as I love Jones, and I really would love him on the team.. Streeter's combination of size and speed reminds me of Randy Moss. Of no way shape or form am I comparing him to Randy though, but Streeter's 6'5", 215lbs and runs a 4.3 40 time. He's a burner and will get physical if needed.

This is how I would love our draft to go in some way shape or form.

1. Matt Kalil OT
2. Cody Glenn OG (projected as a late 1st, early 2nd)
3. Tommy Streeter WR
4. Kheeston Randall DT (projected as a late 3rd, early 4th)
5. Cliff Harris CB (projected as a third day pick because of "off-the-field" issues)
6. Stephen Good G (projected as a late 5th, early 6th because of an injury)
7. Ben Bojicic C (projceted between the 5th and 7th)
7. Matt Merletti SS (projected as a 6th-to-undrafted due to being injury prone)

The reason my draft looks like that is because we need to solidify that offensive line. Charlie Johnson just didn't cut it at right tackle, Hutchinson has said he's going to retire once his contract is up, you never know which Herrera is going to show up and I can't stand Sullivan. The pick of Tommy Streeter is to get us our big time outside receiver to help opening up the middle for Percy some more, Randall is to push the other defensive tackles on the roster and possibly take over once Williams retires. The Merletti pick is just because that's a solid value pick in the 7th round and could push our other safeties.

The Vikings are also most likely going to receive 2 4th round compensation picks this year. While the round they are in is unconfirmed, we will be compensated for losing Ray Edwards and Sidney Rice last offseason.

WhatAboutBigBob
Rookie

Postby WhatAboutBigBob » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Danchat wrote:The Vikings are also most likely going to receive 2 4th round compensation picks this year. While the round they are in is unconfirmed, we will be compensated for losing Ray Edwards and Sidney Rice last offseason.

I wasn't 100% sure what round they were going to receive, and I wouldn't be shocked if they were both 3rd rounders either. To be honest though, I highly doubt we'll keep all of those picks. I didn't add undetermined picks because there are a total of four because of other trades we made with the Giants and the Browns.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:40 pm

WhatAboutBigBob wrote:
Danchat wrote:The Vikings are also most likely going to receive 2 4th round compensation picks this year. While the round they are in is unconfirmed, we will be compensated for losing Ray Edwards and Sidney Rice last offseason.

I wasn't 100% sure what round they were going to receive, and I wouldn't be shocked if they were both 3rd rounders either. To be honest though, I highly doubt we'll keep all of those picks. I didn't add undetermined picks because there are a total of four because of other trades we made with the Giants and the Browns.

From some offical sources we did get a 6th round pick for the Jayme Mitchell trade to Cleveland. Also, we did not get a 7th round pick for Reynaud and Rosenfels.

WhatAboutBigBob
Rookie

Postby WhatAboutBigBob » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Danchat wrote:From some offical sources we did get a 6th round pick for the Jayme Mitchell trade to Cleveland. Also, we did not get a 7th round pick for Reynaud and Rosenfels.

We got a 7th round pick for the Randy Moss trade last year.

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”