Adrian Peterson benched for punishing his son.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Adrian Peterson benched for punishing his son.

Postby Danchat » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:26 pm

If you guys want to read a good summary about the whole situation and all of the facts that have been revealed, read here: http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Mackey_The_NFL_has_no_choice_but_to_come_down_hard_on_Adrian_Peterson091314
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Nick Wright [CBS Houston] has said that the photos of the child's injuries "were taken at least a week after incident" so imagine (and I'd assume police and doctors--who described "open wounds"--who called this child abuse are doing less imagining and more knowing) what they must have looked like before healing for 7+ days. Also note that, reportedly, the child said "“Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities." This is much more than a simple spanking.

If this is a good example of "Spare the rod and spoil the child" in action then I for one rejoice that this is not a christian nation.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:05 pm

petroleum wrote:Nick Wright [CBS Houston] has said that the photos of the child's injuries "were taken at least a week after incident" so imagine (and I'd assume police and doctors--who described "open wounds"--who called this child abuse are doing less imagining and more knowing) what they must have looked like before healing for 7+ days. Also note that, reportedly, the child said "“Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities." This is much more than a simple spanking.

If this is a good example of "Spare the rod and spoil the child" in action then I for one rejoice that this is not a christian nation.

The evidence definitely appears to be showing that Peterson went overboard. The pictures of the child's wounds makes this clear to me.

Read what is said in the last article link above because I think it says some good things in it-like this:
I don't think there's any question Peterson went entirely too far based on the police report and photos. Authorities clearly felt the same way. Spanking is "reasonable" (although many parents would even disagree on this). A bar of soap is "reasonable." What Peterson did is not acceptable in 2014. What Adrian did goes beyond "reasonable."

"Spare the rod and spoil the child" does not include making the child bleed when hit and threaten to punch the child in the face. Beating your child and being Christian have nothing to do with each other.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

footballidiotcom

Postby footballidiotcom » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Well said Danchat.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 am

Danchat wrote:"Spare the rod and spoil the child" does not include making the child bleed when hit and threaten to punch the child in the face. Beating your child and being Christian have nothing to do with each other.
Allowing the government to micro-manage our lives isn't Christian.
Respecting the rights of parents is Christian.
That should be your take away from my posting.

To me soap in the mouth is unacceptable abuse.
However I'd respect your right to do that to your child should you choose to.
Unfortunately it sems that my attitude is a dying American tradition.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 am

Respecting the rights of parents is Christian.... To me soap in the mouth is unacceptable abuse. However I'd respect your right to do that to your child should you choose to.

If someone chooses beating, or starvation, to discipline their kid, I'm simply supposed to "respect" their right to do so?

Yeah, f**k that.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Sleeper66 wrote:
Respecting the rights of parents is Christian.... To me soap in the mouth is unacceptable abuse. However I'd respect your right to do that to your child should you choose to.

If someone chooses beating, or starvation, to discipline their kid, I'm simply supposed to "respect" their right to do so?

Yeah, f**k that.

A Christian is someone who SHOULD be against all unnecessary violence, and should not do anything other than love those around him/her. What Peterson did, and if you ask me, all physical and mental abuse to a child, even spanking, is inherently UN-CHRISTIAN. Jesus taught that a child is the most pure being on earth. He himself said,

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." - Matthew 18:6.

Harming children for any reason, to me, is an act of evil. If you were a Christian, you would know that Jesus agreed.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Sleeper66 wrote:

Yeah, f**k that.

Starvation? Your including that into the conversation is disingenuous at best.

RevanFan wrote:A Christian is someone who SHOULD be against all unnecessary violence, and should not do anything other than love those around him/her. What Peterson did, and if you ask me, all physical and mental abuse to a child, even spanking, is inherently UN-CHRISTIAN. Jesus taught that a child is the most pure being on earth. He himself said,

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." - Matthew 18:6.

Harming children for any reason, to me, is an act of evil. If you were a Christian, you would know that Jesus agreed.

As much as I'm tempted, I won't descend into a religious discussion.
I respect your opinion RevanFan, and I hope that you can respect mine.

No permanent physical harm is the rule.
Switch/whip/belt marks and scars are a sign of character.
Heck some crazy people and ones from other cultures even scar themselves on purpose.

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Switch/whip/belt marks and scars are a sign of character.

I just... the thing is... alrighty then.

Do they stone adulterous wives to death in your neighborhood?

Do you respect Ray Rice's disciplinary methods, since the bible has some BS about men having dominion over their women?

Keep posting, Gridiron. Get all of your rage and bitterness out. Cleanse that soul of yours, brother!

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:47 pm

I will respond to the only remotely on topic part of your diatribe.

Sleeper66 wrote:{snip}
Do you respect Ray Rice's disciplinary methods {disrespectful statement removed}?
{snip}

Like you, I wasn't there and do not know the whole story.
I don't even have any interest in looking at the video of the incident.
I did hear somewhere that she had spit on him before the knockout.
A lover's spat! ;)
Seems like they may deserve each other, and might be a good intellectual match.

Janay Rice stands by her man during “horrible nightmare”
Janay Palmer, Ray Rice’s Wife, Implied the Assault Was Taken Out of Context

To answer your question directly and fully, I don't know.
But if she is not wanting to prosecute Ray, why is the corporate government so eager?
The establishment psychologists will say Janay suffers from "Stockholm Syndrome", I say it's love.

It has become increasingly clear to me that corporate government is at war against citizens.
Sadly far too many of you are comfortable as collaborators and enablers... until they come after you.
I've decided to label the condition as "Capitol City Syndrome".

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”