Adrian Peterson benched for punishing his son.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: Adrian Peterson benched for punishing his son.

Postby NickyJ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:40 pm

The Raven's cutting Ray Rice was a no-brainer from their standpoint. As good as he may be, he costs big bucks, and the negative press that comes with it is simply not worth that price. Adrian Peterson IS the Vikings offense, and without him, their ship would be sunk before it left the port. The Vikings have to decide whether the negative press is worth it or not. I'm predicting that they stick with him, regardless of the ethics.

Gridiron wrote:The establishment psychologists will say Janay suffers from "Stockholm Syndrome", I say it's love.

It's neither. It's money. By defending him, she hopes she can keep his career afloat, which keeps her in the $$$ flow. Money makes people do strange things.

Sponsor

Sponsor

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:03 am

NickyJ wrote:It's neither. It's money. By defending him, she hopes she can keep his career afloat, which keeps her in the $$$ flow. Money makes people do strange things.

I would not be so quick to say that. It is not unusual for women stay in relationships with long histories of extreme abuse with little to no money involved.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:57 am

RevanFan wrote:He said it was Christian to accept punishment decisions, so I felt the need to quote Jesus to tell why doing awful things to children is wrong.

I respected your need and might even agree with you... after we agreed on the subjective concept of 'awful'.
It's all relative. Things that I think are awful are probably not to you, and vice versa.
I could post a picture of the awful ongoing child abuse caused by NFL endorsed organizations,
but I don't want to show a grieving middle eastern father hugging his son's lifeless body with its brains blown out.
It is Christian philosophy to accept and honor your parents decision, but didn't the historical Jesus Christ stand up against the overbearing establishment?

NickyJ wrote:The Raven's cutting Ray Rice was a no-brainer from their standpoint. As good as he may be, he costs big bucks, and the negative press that comes with it is simply not worth that price. Adrian Peterson IS the Vikings offense, and without him, their ship would be sunk before it left the port. The Vikings have to decide whether the negative press is worth it or not. I'm predicting that they stick with him, regardless of the ethics.

Gridiron wrote:The establishment psychologists will say Janay suffers from "Stockholm Syndrome", I say it's love.

It's neither. It's money. By defending him, she hopes she can keep his career afloat, which keeps her in the $$$ flow. Money makes people do strange things.

Indeed, keeping the money flowing has a great deal to do with all of this behavior by all involved.
However, I do not agree with the government automatically assuming that the wife is mentally incompetent, which is the justification used in these government overreach cases.
HINT: The Ray Rice matter should have its own thread.

Sleeper66 wrote:The idea of AP being released is less far-fetched now. Second report of abuse is circulating, suggesting a pattern. Not good.

A small correction to your post. A second report of alleged abuse is circulating.

Sleeper66 wrote:He never should have let his kids watch The Simpsons.

That is true for TV in general.
The exception is to let children watch the cartoon programs as they learn to read, and always have the closed captioning on as they watch.
It works, my 7th grader reads at a 13th grade level. My 9th grader reads at a 14th grade level.

Sleeper66 wrote:I'm sure the Vikings are hoping the PR situation will blow over, but apparently some fans are taking this s**t seriously.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24711321/vikings-message-board-shuts-down-calls-teams-handling-of-peterson-cowardly

Key quote: "Vikings Message Board has been shut down permanently. It will not return. There are two primary reasons.

"1. The Vikings cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.

"2. We will not give a voice to thugs who think child abuse is "cultural" or worse, openly advocate child abuse as a reasonable method of punishment. This ends here. Yes, a few board members have ruined it for everyone. Congratulations, a--holes."

The 'fans' running that board are in my opinion very hypocritical and intolerant of allowing others to express their views.
They had absolutely no problem with the Vikings' and the NFL's support of abusers and murderers, as long as the abusers are wearing government issued uniforms.
For me the uniforms do not override the atrocities committed by those who wear them.
I find the selective indignation expressed by those who ran that forum stupid at best, but more likely a calculated reaction by the NSA's culture controllers.

Furthermore, I sincerely hope that most NFL football fans remain American, Christian, and mature enough to realize that due process is a valuable tradition in our culture,

Finally, I believe it would be better for the sport of football if in the future the NFL stayed out of politics, and quit trying so hard to be 'Politically Correct'.

That includes its propaganda endorsement of any government entity.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Has it ever occurred to you that bemoaning the corrosive effects of TV on the children (Don't show them the gays! Don't expose them to dirty words!) is a version of the PC mentality you appear to be obsessed with? When you assert that something's "wrong" that doesn't subscribe to your personal definition of "right," then try to impose that worldview on others, you become the thing you appear to hate.

Also....

a calculated reaction by the NSA's culture controllers.

Would you care to share your five favorite false flags with the class? Or are you not as paranoid as I think you are?

If you really believe the outrage directed at AP, and maybe Rice, is primarily PC-driven, and this belief is derived from your interpretation of scripture, then 90% of this thread has been a waste of words. And I'm done wasting mine.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 pm

It appears that this roller coaster of a story is taking another turn. Several advertisers for the NFL and Vikings are beginning to pull their support away. Nike, Raddison Hotels, and Anheuser-Busch (beer company) are backing down. A writer on Rotoworld speculates that the Vikings might overturn their decision. The NFL could bring down punishment right away if they are pressured to do so. But that would also mean that the Greg Hardy and Ray McDonald situations would have to get equal treatment.

The NFL isn't invincible as some people once thought. However, they'll likely fix the situation before it goes completely downhill so they won't lose too much money.

It's just a shame that for anything to get done, it takes a lot of outraged people and opinions. Ray Rice was only suspended because of the video. And if Adrian Peterson is suspended early, it's going to be because of the public backlash, not because the NFL suspended him when they thought it was right.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:53 pm

So the loominmg question is...
Will AP be allowed to play football with the Vikings this week?
I think that the squeaky wheels will get the grease, and although I wish it were not so, I'm leaning towards no.

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:39 pm

I agree with Sleeper 66 it is PC driven. It gives the liberals the opportunity to act self-righteous with their form of goodness. They forget they will be judged for their actions too by the one who can look into men's hearts and says that by the way you judge others you will be judged. When you go to a football site and see more news articles on social issues in and outside the league than actual football you start wondering if the nannies aren't lurking in the shadows.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Raston wrote:I agree with Sleeper 66 it is PC driven. It gives the liberals the opportunity to act self-righteous with their form of goodness. They forget they will be judged for their actions too by the one who can look into men's hearts and says that by the way you judge others you will be judged. When you go to a football site and see more news articles on social issues in and outside the league than actual football you start wondering if the nannies aren't lurking in the shadows.

Actually then you would be agreeing with me and not him. :D
And you are absolutely correct.
Those who advocate the liberal use of government to solve society's problems have become a real societal problem.

Gridiron wrote:Finally, I believe it would be better for the sport of football if in the future the NFL stayed out of politics, and quit trying so hard to be 'Politically Correct'.

Thanks for your understanding.

Gridiron
MVP

Fascism wins again.

Postby Gridiron » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:59 am

Vikings bar Peterson from all team activities

For those unaware, the dominant characteristic of a fascist political system is the blending of corporate and government power.

The previously alien concept of children's rights trumping adult rights is being solidly reinforced by the corporate media programming.

Our long held American tradition of assumed innocent until proven guilty in court is no longer respected,
when it pertains to a father's interactions with children (or their female mates).

On another related note which directly pertains to the fascist corporate directives influencing American family values and NFL political correctness:
NFL reportedly tells Redskins’ RG3 to remove ‘Know Jesus, Know Peace’ T-shirt

So glorifying the (City of London's) Pentagon armed forces is cool, but a t-shirt isn't?
Hopefully you can see where the controllers are going with their destruction of America.

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Fascism wins again.

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:36 am

Gridiron wrote:Our long held American tradition of assumed innocent until proven guilty in court is no longer respected,
when it pertains to a father's interactions with children (or their female mates).

Do you know anything about the situation? Have you seen the photos. Have you read the first hand accounts. No person should be even able to defend him.

But I do agree that innocent until proven guilty is going away. However, in this case, with the evidence, Peterson is clearly guilty.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”