Adrian Peterson benched for punishing his son.

Gridiron
MVP

Re: Adrian Peterson benched for punishing his son.

Postby Gridiron » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:58 am

RevanFan wrote:
Gridiron wrote:Our long held American tradition of assumed innocent until proven guilty in court is no longer respected,
when it pertains to a father's interactions with children (or their female mates).

Do you know anything about the situation? Have you seen the photos. Have you read the first hand accounts. No person should be even able to defend him.

But I do agree that innocent until proven guilty is going away. However, in this case, with the evidence, Peterson is clearly guilty.
Guilty of whipping his son. And despite your declaration, your statements are clearly personally offensive. However, I am happy that we do agree on something.

Reggie Bush: Adrian Peterson should be able to play

So according to you, I, Reggie Bush, Charles Barkley, Adrian Peterson and countless others are all insane.

"Adrian Peterson, I've known for a while, and he's a good guy," Bush said. "... I don't know all the details of the situation what happened, but I know me and like a lot of other guys who were born in the '80s, and even before then, were raised differently and disciplined differently. And I was one of those kids. I got what we called 'whoopings,' whooped with belts and stuff like that. For me, growing up, it was normal. And not to say, not to try to downplay the situation at all, I think that this is genuine, and obviously, I'm sure there's no ill intent against his own son."

If you haven't figured it out yet RevanFan, whipping children is a part of that normal discipline process in the black community.

Unfortunately, as usual in America the white folks want to impose their mindset on the black folks.

And far too many want to Mike Vick Adrian Peterson.
I think the white corporate/white 'fear based' mindset is wrong here, and is leading to an environment where
parents are charged with supposed abuse for normal behavior
like allowing a child to play in a neighborhood park unsupervised.

Since you decided to take it to a personal level RevanFan and post your judgement of my mindset, here is a judgment back at you.

I think that you like most in most human society, are in denial about disrespecting minority cultures and traditions,
and you love to impose your own warped and insane mindset which hypocritically accepts and complicitly supports the continuing abuse of countless brown children by men in uniform, without any protest.
Just as you believe what you want, I believe that you are a young person who has yet to become a parent, one who does not give a crap about (or ignores) the obvious racial bias issues at play here.
If you didn't know before, you do now.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:31 am

Look. I am just getting fired up about all of this. I'm sorry I took it to a more personal level than I should have. You are right. There are a lot of things I don't fully understand and there are things I have yet to experience, but I know how I feel right now. Maybe that will change. Maybe it won't. I think this country is going in a better direction if we are getting rid of social injustice and putting every adult citizen in equal standing, and giving children the protection and rights they deserve.

I may seem like I ignore the problems and the history, but I don't. I have hope. Hope that we as a race of human beings can better ourselves. I don't know if we really will, but I'll never give up hope, and I truly believe ending the pain of children will move us in a better direction.

Again, I'm sorry I offended. I truly did not mean to, and I am just getting fired up about all of this.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:33 am

This conversation has gone way beyond the point of utility, rationality, and sanity four pages back. I think we're done here.

“The trouble with conspiracies is that they rot internally.” - Robert A. Heinlein
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 am

Sidelion wrote:This conversation has gone way beyond the point of utility, rationality, and sanity four pages back. I think we're done here.

“The trouble with conspiracies is that they rot internally.” - Robert A. Heinlein

You know what, I think you may be right. This is just a topic that can't really be discussed without people butting heads or losing their cool. I usually am not the one to fall to that, but even I lost my cool. Tonight I'll go over this thread and decide if we should shut it down.
My Cowboys Journal

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:13 am

RevanFan wrote:This is just a topic that can't really be discussed without people butting heads or losing their cool. I usually am not the one to fall to that, but even I lost my cool. Tonight I'll go over this thread and decide if we should shut it down.
You have quietly edited your original quotes that were contained in my post to remove your offensive statements to me.
Perhaps that editing is good moderating, but don't you feel that it should have been noted in the post?
Because now it appears that I was being an overreacting drama king.
I'd like to think that I've posted honorably and have not misused the privilege.

As far as you shutting down this thread, if you do actually reread this and truly comprehend it,
then I trust you will make a correct and wise decision RevanFan.
People like drama, it's good for ratings.

Hint: Free speech is also a threatened American tradition.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

mikehill
All-Pro

Postby mikehill » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:45 pm

Kids have rights. Even Bible condemns this type of beating and humiliation to a 4-year old.
We are not debating spanking we are debating something much worse.
Our long held American tradition of assumed innocent until proven guilty in court is no longer respected,
when it pertains to a father's interactions with children (or their female mates).

I agree that guilty until proven innocent, but Rice and Peterson clearly are guilty. Other guys are not as guilty.
At least Rice is not going to going to get any legal punishment, but NFL can prevent him from playing.
That is a right of a private corporation.
This discussion is pretty wild because some seem to think that 9/11 was an inside job. That's usually when I stop reading.
BTW this is coming from a Christian who rather turns the other cheek than hits back.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mikehillschannel
Bizarre music videos every Sunday

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:21 pm

I edited my post and your post to reflect my change. It doesn't make you seem overreacting. Also, I apologized to you sincerely in a private message, and since you posted on here, I can assume you've read that message and continue to be upset with me. That is your right. And while I defend free speech, I am a moderator on a forum, and when a topic has gone well beyond its purpose and use, I need to shut it down. Since nothing is being gained anymore on here, I am shutting this thread down. If you don't like it, please PM me and explain your thoughts.
My Cowboys Journal

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Just to add to what was said above, I would like to remind everyone that this website revolves around a video game. Although we encourage people to have discussions beyond the game and even the sport itself, there are some lines that should not be crossed. Discussing politics, morals, or other "grey area" topics will be given little leeway. They often lead to arguments that simply cannot be solved with roundabout posts that often appear in internet debates, circling again and again over what has already been stated.

In the end, please remember that despite our different personal convictions on various subjects, we are all brought together by a love of the sport of American Football, and particularly a love of making Madden a more enjoyable game for ourselves and others.

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”