Week 9: Vikings at Packers

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:27 pm

I still don't know why I watch these games. Maybe 'cause I can read these guys' blogs. Enjoy.
Hahaha, Green Bay doesn't have a WNBA title! :D
Well, that's all for now. Can't be too excited about the Vikings......... ;)
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

NFLVICK7
MVP

Re: Week 9: Vikings at Packers

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Danchat wrote:Image
I still don't know why I watch these games. Maybe 'cause I can read these guys' blogs. Enjoy.
Hahaha, Green Bay doesn't have a WNBA title! :D
Well, that's all for now. Can't be too excited about the Vikings......... ;)

I hate to be a downer. But I think the vikings window for a SB closed. That defense is old as dirt now, they need a complete overhaul on that secondary, Peterson is not getting and younger and will probably hit the wall soon, they don't have a number 1 WR, they need a complete rebuild. If they think Ponder is their guy build around him. I love AP but I can't see him lasting more than 3 more years. The amount of carries and the beating he takes is going to catch up with him soon.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 pm

I hate to be a downer. But I think the vikings window for a SB closed. That defense is old as dirt now, they need a complete overhaul on that secondary, Peterson is not getting and younger and will probably hit the wall soon, they don't have a number 1 WR, they need a complete rebuild. If they think Ponder is their guy build around him. I love AP but I can't see him lasting more than 3 more years. The amount of carries and the beating he takes is going to catch up with him soon.

Oh, I know. I've known since the end of last season. In 2009, the saying in Minnesota was "The Vikings are a great team but just don't have a QB." We brought in Favre and he hid our holes on defense because of our offensive ability. And it was clear in 2010, and it's even clearer now. The secondary is going to be blown up, (with Winfield on the IR today), (Cedric Griffen just can't play) (Asher Allen is a dime CB at best) our players are not playing up to their abilities (Remi Ayodele has done nothing, Berrian did nothing, Charlie Johnson and Abdullah struggling) there are so many holes that it is rebuilding time. Ponder is the QB of the future and the Vikings will build around him and Jared Allen, Adrian Peterson, and Chad Greenway. I'll bet the Vikes will begin to hoard draft picks and try to improve. ]
But the reality is obvious: we're rebuilding. Leslie Fraizer somehow didn't figure that out at the beginning of the season but we are. As one critic said, "Leslie Fraizer will have to be accountable eventually...."
The critics (and I) think these are the Vikings' most crucial needs:
1: DB (the whole secondary, 2 CBs, a SS, a FS)
2: LT
3: WR
Others: MLB (for future), NT (a run stopping one), future LG, and maybe a FB (or at least a blocking back!).
It's gonna be a long few seasons (...ha! if we can get a new stadium).

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Danchat wrote:

Oh, I know. I've known since the end of last season. In 2009, the saying in Minnesota was "The Vikings are a great team but just don't have a QB." We brought in Favre and he hid our holes on defense because of our offensive ability. And it was clear in 2010, and it's even clearer now. The secondary is going to be blown up, (with Winfield on the IR today), (Cedric Griffen just can't play) (Asher Allen is a dime CB at best) our players are not playing up to their abilities (Remi Ayodele has done nothing, Berrian did nothing, Charlie Johnson and Abdullah struggling) there are so many holes that it is rebuilding time. Ponder is the QB of the future and the Vikings will build around him and Jared Allen, Adrian Peterson, and Chad Greenway. I'll bet the Vikes will begin to hoard draft picks and try to improve. ]
But the reality is obvious: we're rebuilding. Leslie Fraizer somehow didn't figure that out at the beginning of the season but we are. As one critic said, "Leslie Fraizer will have to be accountable eventually...."
The critics (and I) think these are the Vikings' most crucial needs:
1: DB (the whole secondary, 2 CBs, a SS, a FS)
2: LT
3: WR
Others: MLB (for future), NT (a run stopping one), future LG, and maybe a FB (or at least a blocking back!).
It's gonna be a long few seasons (...ha! if we can get a new stadium).

They need another offensive threat. They need to Draft another running back. To take the load off AP. Toby Geirhert is a bum. No explosiveness at all. Go out and sign Noel Devine. Dude is fast as hell. But The vikes can't depend on AP. He's going to be 27 at the start of next year. L.T hit the wall at like 29. AP will probably do the same because of the way he runs. Plus he has been that entire offense his whole career. If they can get a second back to spell him more effectively they can maybe give him a few extra years. I hope I'm wrong because I love AP. I remember his rookie year like it was yesterday. But it seems to be the same story with all RB's. Unless your Thomas Jones.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:21 pm

They need another offensive threat. They need to Draft another running back. To take the load off AP. Toby Geirhert is a bum. No explosiveness at all. Go out and sign Noel Devine. Dude is fast as hell. But The vikes can't depend on AP. He's going to be 27 at the start of next year. L.T hit the wall at like 29. AP will probably do the same because of the way he runs. Plus he has been that entire offense his whole career. If they can get a second back to spell him more effectively they can maybe give him a few extra years. I hope I'm wrong because I love AP. I remember his rookie year like it was yesterday. But it seems to be the same story with all RB's. Unless your Thomas Jones.

The Vikings need playmakers, yes, but I don't know if a running back would suffice. We could always draft a low round RB and see if he's get the homerun capability, or we could try using Lorenzo Booker more, get Caleb King on the roster, or we could try signing an undrafted free agent (Derrick Locke, Noel Devine). But the playmaker we need is a deep threat. A WR who can stretch the field and catch the big pass. Percy Harvin hasn't yet and Devin Aromashodu hasn't got it right. Outside of AP and Harvin there is little playmaking. I hope AP will hold up, he's probably my favorite player of all time. And Thomas Jones was great too, but he's finally trailing off now in Kansas City.
EDIT: I don't think Toby Gerhart is a great fit here, but if he was paired with someone like Jacquizz Rodgers that would make a great combination. (power and catching + pure speed)

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Danchat wrote:

The Vikings need playmakers, yes, but I don't know if a running back would suffice. We could always draft a low round RB and see if he's get the homerun capability, or we could try using Lorenzo Booker more, get Caleb King on the roster, or we could try signing an undrafted free agent (Derrick Locke, Noel Devine). But the playmaker we need is a deep threat. A WR who can stretch the field and catch the big pass. Percy Harvin hasn't yet and Devin Aromashodu hasn't got it right. Outside of AP and Harvin there is little playmaking. I hope AP will hold up, he's probably my favorite player of all time. And Thomas Jones was great too, but he's finally trailing off now in Kansas City.
EDIT: I don't think Toby Gerhart is a great fit here, but if he was paired with someone like Jacquizz Rodgers that would make a great combination. (power and catching + pure speed)

Jones would still be a 1000 yard back if he was with the jets. He had Charles take away carries last year, and Jackie Battle doing it this year. He can still be a number 1. Harvin's issue is his migraines that make him miss practice all the time. They need to stop fooling with him as a gadget player and let him develop was a WR.

Gerhart has shown me nothing. He's a less effective (T.J Duckett if you remember him from, ATL.) I'm saying get a back who can be explosive to spell AP. So you still have a home run threat. They vikes should have just payed Rice.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Jones would still be a 1000 yard back if he was with the jets. He had Charles take away carries last year, and Jackie Battle doing it this year. He can still be a number 1. Harvin's issue is his migraines that make him miss practice all the time. They need to stop fooling with him as a gadget player and let him develop was a WR.

Gerhart has shown me nothing. He's a less effective (T.J Duckett if you remember him from, ATL.) I'm saying get a back who can be explosive to spell AP. So you still have a home run threat. They vikes should have just payed Rice.

Harvin's migranes have "ended" and haven't occured since the end of last season. Now he has rib pains and other issues like that. He plays fast and tough, so he knows he will get hurt.
I liked Sidney Rice, but with him and Harvin they get hurt too often. There would be games were we'd have to go without both of them. For the money Rice wanted the Vikings couldn't push their cap.
No matter the position the Vikes need a home run threat. I don't care who it is but we need an explosive player.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Danchat wrote:

Harvin's migranes have "ended" and haven't occured since the end of last season. Now he has rib pains and other issues like that. He plays fast and tough, so he knows he will get hurt.
I liked Sidney Rice, but with him and Harvin they get hurt too often. There would be games were we'd have to go without both of them. For the money Rice wanted the Vikings couldn't push their cap.
No matter the position the Vikes need a home run threat. I don't care who it is but we need an explosive player.

Got Randy Moss just sitting out there. aha. Honestly tho they can get by with the offense if they run the ball. They need to focus on the secondary so they can become a dominate Defense again.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Got Randy Moss just sitting out there. aha. Honestly tho they can get by with the offense if they run the ball. They need to focus on the secondary so they can become a dominate Defense again.

Agreed. Vikings need more help in the secondary. We need to draft all the DBs we can get and see who is any good. A WR and a OL is on the offense's wish-list.

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”