Kirk Cousins on the hot seat potentially.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:39 am

So Minnesota is really in a bind here bc they are on the hook for Cousin's 2020 salary unless they can pull off a trade (probably involving draft picks) to a team willing to take that huge salary like the Browns did with Osweiler and then cut the player.

While Cousin's is not completely to blame for the Vikings woes, as his offensive line is pathetic in protection. I still say like many others that he was never an elite qb that could lift his team. I said it before when he was in washington and flamed out in the playoffs and also when he signed last year with the Vikings. It will go down as one of the worst mistakes to have let go of Keenum (even if he was a ryan fitzpatrickesque hot-cold streaky player) but with all the success of the previous year running up to the NFC championship game, it would have made more sense and better continuity to have signed him to a 1 year deal or tagged him rather than dump the same amount pretty much on a mediocre qb (cousins) who is scared to throw down field now along with horrible protection....now his Wr's are calling him out like Thielen, and Diggs (saying trade rumors have some truth to them).....ouch

I think Cousins is a good person but realistically he was never a great or even average qb at best. It's sad to see so much talent in Minnesota just decaying away because of the lack of critical evaluation needed at the qb position and just "hoping" a player/qb fits right into their specific system instead of keeping what was working....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Kirk Cousins on the hot seat potentially.

Postby Danchat » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:23 am

Well, I can tell you this - the Vikings fans have turned on him, and if things don't change, Zimmer & Spielman are going to be on their way out and Cousins is going to have a lame duck year in 2020. Things are not looking pretty here in Minnesota.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”